Chapter 2

The Clocks of Fate

 

 

 A couple of days have passed since Baekhyun’s clock started ticking. I left it on the overbed table so he would be close to it. I was walking down the hall while I was looking at his status sheet. No change. There has been no change since he has been rolled in the hospital. (A/N: ROFLAB ) I sometimes wish to hear his voice. What does it sound like? All these questions pop up in my head when I think about him. I’m really curious. I sat down on a chair that was in the hall. With the three clipboards that were in my hand, I took Baekhyun’s and flipped through the page.

 

Name: Byun Baekhyun

: Male

Age: 21

Weight: 58 kg

Height: 174 cm

Health Problems: none

Health Status: Stable

Notes:   -in deep coma

                        - Low Blood pressure

                                         - Makes small sudden movements

 

I closed the clipboard and placed it on my lap. Closing my eyes, I sighed. “Oh! Nurse Haneul, you’re here?” Mrs. Kim said while holding a bouquet of flowers, like usual.

“Yes, I was just thinking. If you will excuse me, I have to go check up on another patient.” I said, slightly startled.

“Yes~ Work hard.” She said, bowing. I had gotten up on and was walking toward Lu Han’s room.  Lu Han, a patient that had recently came last week, got in a fight in front of a club. According to the paramedics, there were three other guys involved. Lu Han was only by himself and couldn’t handle three other guys. Even though Lu Han was injured severely, he was able to land a few punches against the three guys.  However, they had broken his nose and arm.

“Good evening, Lu Han.” I greeted as I opened the door.

“Hi.” He replied shortly.

“How are you feeling?” I asked gently.

“Yeah- It’s starting to heal.”

“Great. I’m glad that it’s healing more rapidly than I thought. Make sure you stay out of trouble. Your nose is still in the process of recovering.” I said. “Just stay three more days and you’ll be free to go.”

“Alright.” He replied.

“He’s awake! He’s awake!!” I heard someone call out. *Who makes so much noise in a hospital hallway?* I thought.

“Lu Han, I’m sorry. I have to go see what happened. I will come back soon.” I left the room to see Baekhyun’s aunt pacing back and forth “Mrs. Kim, are you okay?” I gripped on her shoulders, making eye contact.

“I’m terrific!” She exclaimed. “He’s finally awake. Nurse Haneul, my bacon is finally awake!” My eyes widened, very surprised to hear this.

“Really? Let me go check on him, can you wait outside for a quick moment ma’am?”

“Of course, of course!”  I bowed and walked into Baekhyun’s room.

“Hello, how are you?” I asked. He was looking around the room, confused and tired. He held onto his head weakly. “I’m going to ask you a couple questions okay?” He slightly nodded.

“First of all, what is your name?” I looked into his eyes.

“Erm… Byun Baekhyun.” He replied quietly.

“And, do you know what happened before?”

“Um… Yes. I was driving home from a club I went to. Lu Han and I went together to go meet up some girls. And… that’s all I remember. I went to a club with my friend.”

“Lu Han…?”

“Yes, Lu Han.”

“So, how old is Lu Han?”

“Well….” He paused, “He’s born in 1990. So… 20 years old.” I deflated my shoulders.

“Actually, it’s been three years since that accident. “ I told him.

“WHAT?!?” He exclaimed. He then started groaning. “Ah- Ah. My head… it hurts.”

“Of course, you shouldn’t get up right away after you wake up from a coma.” He scoffed.

“Well, I didn’t know. How should I?  I just woke up from a freaking coma.” I walked over to the overbed and got his clock.

“This, was in your hand when you got to the hospital.” I handed him the clock. He started to form a small smile.

“My clock...” He whispered. “Thank… you.” He slightly bowed.

“Yes, don’t worry about it. I am going to go get Dr. Kim Joonmyun for further examination. In the meantime, please rest.” I said.

“Okay.” I got the clipboard and started to write down what Baekhyun had said. Honestly, it’s a miracle for him to remember most of what happened. “Dr. Kim Joonmyun, Baekhyun is awake now. I asked him some questions regarding what happened to the accident and he has answered all of it.”

“Is that so? Well, that’s a relief that he woke up.” He smiled. “I will go see him, Nurse Haneul, you won’t mind coming with me again will you?”

“N-no.” I stuttered. *Why must I stutter?* I thought to myself. For a doctor, he is freakishly good looking. He’s also very young, smart and handsome. I sometimes get nervous around him but of course, I am only allowed to think of him as a co-worker. Nothing more, nothing less.

“Hello, Byun Baekhyun.” Dr. Joonmyun greeted.

“Hello…”

“I am your doctor, Dr. Kim Joonmyun. But I believe we are the same age so you can call me Suho.”

“Thank you for taking care of me, Suho.” He thanked.

 “No need to, it’s my job. Oh, and I was thinking… when should we start your therapy sessions?” She brought up.

“I’m sorry but I’m not really sure about this.”

“Well, I think it would be a good idea if we start in two days. What do you think?”

“Okay. I think that would be okay for me.” He replied. I smiled softly to him.

 

TWO DAYS LATER

 

“Hi, how are you doing today?” I asked Baekhyun.

“I’m doing well. What about you?” He asked.

“I’m doing just fine. Thank you for asking. Okay, so let’s begin now shall we?”

“Okay.” He answered.

“Well, how are you coping—“ I got cut off because something fell out of my pocket. It was my watch.

“That… is mine.” He said.

“No. This one is actually mine.” I said.

“I have one like that. There’s no way someone can have the same exact one. It’s mine.”

“I... knew about it. You had yours and I had mine. They’re identical. Can you take yours out?” I asked. He reached in his pocket and grabbed his clock.

“What the…”

 

 


So~ Updated again!! How is it you guys?? Please comment and give us alot of support. THank you!