Chapter 6

Too Late

"My dear Luhan,

      Happy Birthday, baby! Wow, you're 19 already! I'm so happy for you. Baby, thank you for always being there for me. I promise to be a good girlfriend to you forever and ever. I'm sorry we can't celebrate it today :( But don't worry, I'm coming back in a few days! I miss you already baby. 

     Wah, baby, I wish you're here with me! Singapore is a really good country. Plus, people here are amazing too! Last night, I went to Sentosa again. I can't stop going back to that place! But even if I'm enjoying here, I still feel lonely. Aish, this foreign exchange program is really... Nevermind :) 

   How are you celebrating your special day baby? :( I'm gonna be mad at you if you celebrate it without me kekeke? So wait for me. Just a little bit more. 

 

 Be safe, Baby Lu. I miss you so much! I love you, forever. :* ❤❤❤

                                      

                                                              ~Raeneul ^^"

 

This is a letter of Raeneul to Luhan....6 years ago. And Luhan still has this. Raeneul...where are your forever and ever's? Be a good girlfriend? Where is it now? You even promised, Jung Raeneul. I guess you don't really keep promises. I was about to throw it away, but a thought came into my mind. If Luhan really keeps this, why should I throw it away? The paper was folded nicely, but because I held it tightly, a part of it was crumpled. I folded it back and kept it beside Luhan's phone and wallet. 

 

I looked at the wall clock- 6:30. I started making porridge and tea for Luhan. This time, pumpkin porridge and red tea. I gave him medicines last night that he should take every 6 hours. I looked at the medicine and there's only one left. I guess I have to buy later. 

 

I know Luhan has his own house and he has a girl friend, but there's no way I'm going to give him to Raeneul. Not now. Not because I want to hang out with Luhan more, but because I know his girl friend can't take care of him. I'd rather have a cancer than to let Raeneul take care of the sick Luhan. 

 

As I enter my room, Luhan was sleeping soundly. When Luhan sleeps soundly, nobody can wake him up. But I know how to. I traced his beautiful features with my finger. From his forehead to his nose, down to his lips. He still didn't move when I reached his lips. "I guess this deer won't wake up. Aish." I checked his temperature. His temp lowered, but he won't stop shaking. He had to drink his meds in time so I shaked him wildly. I was expecting him to be mad at me when he wakes up, but he woke up like an angel. "L-lu. It's time to eat..then drink meds." I explained and assisted him in sitting. He was still weak, so I had to feed him again. "Haemm. This porridge tastes nice." He complimented. "Of course Luhan. Auntie taught this to me when she was still here." I said back. His mom cooks the best, I swear. "R-r-really...wow." He was shocked. 

 

At the hospital, a lot of nurses greeted me. That's right. I used to volunteer here before. "Dongseob-ah. Where's Doctor Kang?" I asked Dongseob, a friend I made when I was a volunteer. "At his office, as usual. Oh, is this Luhan?" He pointed at the doe-eyed boy who was clutching the hem of my shirt. "Ah, yes. He's sick right now so....well we better get going. It was nice seeing you again, Seob!" I said and started walking.

 

Luhan did some tests. He was asked to sit down on the bed while waiting for some results. "So, he coughed nonstop and puked this morning, right?" Doctor Kang asked me who was sitting beside Luhan's bed. "Luhan.. you have asthma. Usually, people will get this ailment since childhood, but yours is a different one. You had an attack a while ago. Your first ever asthma attack, and that's why you puked. Medicines and rest can help you, Luhan. Oh and this one too." He handed us a handy nebulizer. "If you'll use nebuilzers,  you can only use it at home. But this is pocket-sized and you can bring it anywhere. Use this whenever you can't breathe properly, okay?" The doctor said again. Luhan just nodded.

 

"Hae, thanks for everything. But I think I should go home now, okay?" He said while opening the front door. "Are you sure, Lu? But...Rae--" before I could finish my sentence, he placed a finger on my mouth. "Yes.. I can. Don't worry anymore, okay?" He gave me a reassuring smile. "Alright then. Take care okay? Always remember what the doctor told you." I said as I enter our house. "I'll call you once I arrive home, okay?" He ruffled my hair and left.

 

 

------

team RaeHan, rejoice! Luhan is going home :) XD

Waaah, Luhan has asthma ; w ;

second update of the day! Hope you like it, guys~^^

~Alyannaaaaaaaaa❤