Chapter 3

Too Late

***LONG CHAPTER AHEAD***

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV
 
 
 
"Xiao Lu! Omo, what happened? Come in, ppali!" Lee Haerim shockingly shouted as she opened her gate. She assisted Luhan in walking- even if he's heavy and wet. She placed him on her couch and ran for a towel. She ran to the trembling Luhan and wrapped the towel around him. "Xia, what happened to you? Are you crazy- why are you out of your house? It's raining!" She said. She was worried- very worried. Luhan is special for her. He was her first friend and first love. "I-i'm s-s-sorry, H-hae." Luhan was stuttering. "I-i ju-u-st can't st-stay at h-home." He stuttered not because he was cold, but because he was still crying hard. "Dry yourself first, I'll prepare the shower and your food. Alright?" She gave him a smile.
 
 
LUHAN'S POV
 
Lee Haerim..she managed to still take care of me even if she knows I am madly in love with Raeneul. She is one of the people that stayed with me when my mom went to the states with my grandparents. I love her so much, but not like how she loves me. She is special to me  too. She came back with another towel and some clothes. "Talk to me about it later, okay? Take a shower and then eat." She assisted me to the bath room and left.
 
HAERIM'S POV 
 
I locked the bathroom door. My heart is broken, again. Luhan might be tough and manly, but he has a fragile heart. And I know, something is wrong between him and Raeneul again. Maybe this time, they had a major fight. Luhan doesn't always cry about Raeneul- unless they had a big big fight. I went to the kitchen and prepared him porridge and tea. I don't hate Raeneul. She makes Luhan happy- she just doesn't know. 
 
I was making the tea when Luhan shouted my name- weakly. "Haerim...!" "Just a minute, I'm--" "Haerimmmm...." I was in the middle of pouring hot water. I ran to the bathroom, of course, as fast as a deer. I was very very nervous, is Luhan okay? Did something happen? "Nae? I'm he--" he fell to my shoulders. I felt his forehead- it was burning. He was very heavy but I stood for him. "Wah! Luhan...you're sick!" I wrapped my hands around him and helped him stand up. "Hold on to me, okay?" He still didn't pull away from our hug. "I prepared porridge. You have to eat, Lu. Come now." I said. I wrapped his hand around my shoulder and his other around my waist. I'm cursing this house right now, why is our bathroom at the second floor?! I can't carry this man until the dining room so I just placed him on my room. "I'll just get the porridge here, okay? You can lay down now." I said while assisting him in laying down.
 
As I close my door, I regret why did I put Luhan on MY room. I guess I'll be staying at my parent's room. I got a tray and put the porridge and tea. I also brought a sink with warm water.  I opened my room and found Luhan comfortably lying on my bed- but awake. "You don't have to do this, Hae. I will be fine after sleeping, I promise." He faked a smile. "Shut up, Luhan. Just eat this, arachi?" I said. I took a scoop and about to give him a bite. "No, I'll do it." He said. "Can you? I don't even think you can carry the spoon. Just let me." I said and shoved the spoon to his mouth. And again, and again. I shoved a spoonful and some porridge left his mouth. "Lu, there's..um.." I motioned him to wipe his mouth. "Here?" He placed his thumb on the left side. I shook my head, telling it's wrong. He kept on placing his thumb on the wrong spot. "Let me do it, pabo." I wiped it away, and accidentally touched his lips. Oops, awkward. I smiled awkwardly and jerked my hand away from his face, but before I could put my hand away, he held it. "Hae...I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I didn't love you back. I think that's the biggest mistake I made in my life. Haerim-ah...what kind of heart do you have? How could you still love and help me even if..you know..? But you know it, right? I love you...you know that, right?" Wow, I didn't expect this. My heart is breaking and exploding at the same time. He kissed my hand. My blood rushed to my cheeks like a shinkansen (bullet train). "Lu-lu-h-h-an." Damn, why am I stuttering? Why now? I cleared my throat. "Luhan...it's okay. I understand. I'm doing this...because I love you, even if you didn't love me back. I will always be here for you, okay?" I smiled. He nodded and kissed my hand again. "Can I hold your hand for a little longer?" He said. "Ofcourse." I nodded.
 
He finally let go of my hand and he announced that he's sleepy. I was about to leave the room when a loud thunder roared. I turned around instantly- and found Luhan hiding under the covers. Luhan is scared of thunder and lightning. You might find it gay or not-so-manly but he really is. When his father died, it was raining so hard- and that made him think that the reason of his father's death are thunder and lightning. Two decades have passed, he still hasn't removed that mentality. I ran to him the second I heard the thunder. "Luhan? It's okay. I'm here. Come out." I said, trying to lift the blanket. He won't move. I went to the other side of the bed and crawled under the covers and found Luhan closing his eyes tightly, holding the covers tightly and in an infant position. "Ssh, Luhan...I'm here. Open your eyes. Come on." He opened his eyes slowly and saw me. He hugged me tight- almost squeezing me. "Hae..hae...did you hear that? Haemmie I'm scared...please don't leave me." I hugged him back. "I won't. Sshh. Just sleep." I know he can't. I also know I'm the only one that can chill him like this. Not even his mom...I don't even need to mention Jung Raeneul. Whenever there's a storm, Luhan will wear his earphones and put it to the max and cuddle with a pillow. But with me, it's different. 
 
I his hair and hummed, still hugging him. "Hae...sing me a song,  jebal?" He knows I have a special thing for singing. (Haerim sang Gee in IU's version... Here's the link- http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mxjmvbac104 / or the version where she sang it with Taem ^^) Luhan was getting sleepy, I can say. Me too. Unexpectedly, before going to dreamland...
 
 
"Haerim...why can't you be my girl friend?"
"Luhan...why aren't you my boyfriend?"
 
In unison.
 
 
-------------
aww, Haerim is so...asdlfhwld. :">
tell me. Team RaeHan or HaeHan? ^^
oh and btw, tell me which member to add! ;)
are you liking this so far? Please tell me! :)
saranghae~ Alyanna^^