Chapter 1

Too Late

 

"Luhan, I'm going to go now. If you need anything, there's food in the fridge. Don't call me anymore or wait for me, I'll go home. Okay?" You said while fixing your make-up. You were wearing a tight black dress that runs up to your thighs only. It perfectly showed your curves. "Yah, change your clothing. Do you want to be ?" Luhan stopped you. "Luhan, I'm going to the club, not a wedding. I can handle myself." You said and shoved him off. When you were out of his sight, he can't do anything but sigh. "Oh well, what's new with her? It's our third year living together." He thought. 
 
Luhan's POV
 
It's the third year now since her parents died. She was her mom's best friend and daddy's princess. Her parents were ambushed in Gangnam. She had nowhere to go, so she lived in with me. Yes, I was her boyfriend- to my eyes, to her parents' eyes and to the eyes of the society. But for her... I was just her best friend. But it's okay, atleast I'm taking care of her like what her parents told me.
 
Wait...taking care? Yes. I am doing it, like how her father used to. I'm doing my best, but she's pushing me away. It's the third year also of her non-stop clubbing habits. She'll leave the apartment 10:00 in the morning and go home at 12 in the midnight. We never talk anymore. I don't join her in her clubbing activities because first, I can't drink too much and second, she will just push me away. 
 
I look at the clock, it's already 11:30. Half an hour since she left. I looked at our fridge and saw food, yes- like cereal, bread, chocolates and milk. Damn right, enough to make me survive. 
 
1:00 AM- I heard a thug in our door. Yay, she's finally home. I rushed to open the door and she was there. Smell of alcohol and cigarette welcomed my nosetrils. "You pabo....i told you to not wait for me right?" She said. Suddenly, she fell on me, her head on my shoulder. I saw some bruises on her back and cuts on her hand. "Raeneul-ah, have you had a fight?" I asked her, and got a grunt in reply. I carried her and placed her on her bed. "Can you clean yourself?" I asked, gently. "No...clean me." She said. I understand she's out of her mind right now. "I'll be right back, okay."
 
I went downstairs and grabbed the things I needed to clean her. First, clean and empty basin. I'm pretty sure she'll puke a lot. Then, water and sponge. And another bowl of warm water.  I went to the kitchen to make her coffee. Lastly, first-aid kit. Can you imagine how I'm looking? My arms are wrapped around the basins and bowls, my hands are holding the coffee and first-aid kit. I rushed to her room and found her sleeping soundly. "Raeng, Let me clean you up, okay?" I said and lifted her back, she was now sitting. I ped her dress and pulled it down. Don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for three years. And I'm her boyfriend, it's okay if I see her body. I gave her a spongebath. Every time I hit her bruises, she winces. "Aish, what happened? How did you get all of this?" I asked her. I was expecting a "you dont care" reply from her, but this time, she didn't. "Luhan... A was making out with my boy. I was just protecting what's mine!" I wish I never asked that question. Maybe if I didn't, my heart isn't broken. "Re-really. Oh. So who is this guy?" I continued, acting like nothing's happening. "Do you know Kim Jongin? Luhan I loved him. I gave him my everything. Everything, including my ity. I guess it isn't enough." She was crying. So the bruises on her neck were hickies. I can't take this any further, so I just stayed quiet and continued on cleaning her. 
 
I gave her the coffee. I grabbed a shirt and pajama from her closet and wore it to her. I grabbed all the basins and bowls I used and went to turn off her lights. "Goodnight, Raeneul. Have a good rest, ok?" "Luhan...wait. I can't sleep. Can you sing me a song before I go to sleep?" Wow, for the first time in three years, she asked me to stay in her room. "Sure." I placed all the utensils I was holding down and went to the chair beside her bed. I tucked her hair in her ears and started her cheeks gently. I sang the popular song of EXO-K, What is Love, in my soft and slow version. Slowly, she closed her eyes. I stopped singing and lifted the blanket up to her chin. I was about to give her a kiss on her forehead when she kissed me on my cheeks. "Thank you, Luhan. Goodnight." For the first time in three years, she kissed me and greeted me. "Goodnight." I said, and left her room.
 
 
A/n- Kya! First chapter. Hope you like it ^^ sorry for mistakes ;-; -Alyanna