Thanks again

Roomies

 

HYESUNG POV

While shopping, we learned more about each other. I learned about how he met Dongwan and Minwoo, how they work together, and how he felt about them being a couple. He said "To each his own, right?" to which I nodded in agreement. He asked about why I was in the U.S. and about my family. 

"I went to the U.S. for two reasons. My family lives there, and also I got a 2 year scholarship to a performing arts school. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my family and learn what I love."

"Do you act or something?" He asked, choosing a packet of meat and putting it in the basket I was carrying. I laughed.

"God no, I am terrible at acting. I want to be a singer."

"Really? That's cool. Are you going to try out at a company or something?" 

"I want to." We started unloading the items from the basket onto the conveyor belt at the check stand. "I just don't feel ready yet."

"Makes sense, seeing as how you just got back."

I nodded, and after that he paid the cashier and we walked back to the apartment with the groceries.

"Hey," I started. He turned and looked at me, making my heartbeat increase. I could get lost in those eyes for days. "Th - thanks for letting me be your roommate."

"No problem." He smiled and looked back at the road ahead. "I needed someone to help pay rent with me. I have been cutting it close every month, and I am tired of the stress it causes." He chuckled. After that we walked back in a comfortable silence. 

 - - -

 

ERIC POV

At the apartment, I called Minwoo and Dongwan over for dinner to celebrate Hyesungs arrival. Kind of like a house warming party.  Hyesung and I started cooking, still in silence, but not awkward. Hyesung was in the middle of setting the table when the couple arrived. 

"I'll get it." He said with a smile and somewhat scurried over to the door. He must be excited, I thought. Cute.

"The party is here!" Minwoo said, playfully pushing by Hyesung and dropping down on the couch. Dongwan on the other hand received a welcoming hug from Hyesung before taking off his shoes and coming into the kitchen to help. God I hope I can get some of those from Hyesung when I come home at night from work. I wonder what it would be like being his lover? I started day dreaming about all the possible scenarios in which that could result in until Dongwan snapped me out of it by yelling a word of warning.

"Pay attention or you'll burn the meat!" What was I thinking? I'm glad Dongwan pulled me out of that before I went into forbidden territory.

"God damn it, Eric!" Minwoo yelled, playfully again. "Don't burn the meat, you fool." He stood up and walked over to where Dongwan and I were standing and supervised me for the rest of the time, while occasionally stealing glances of Dongwan helping Hyesung with filling the cups on the table. 

"So..." He started after a while. "What do you think of Sungie. Pretty and cute, huh?" Oh god yes, I thought.

"He's okay." I said. He gave me an I know you are lying look. I rolled my eyes and looked at Minwoo.

"Okay, yes, he is cute." I said, then paid attention to the meat again. "But I'm not like you." I said playfully.

He stuck his tongue out, said "You know you wish you were" and walked over to embrace Dongwan who had finished prepping the table with Hyesung. I looked at Hyesung. Too bad he's not a girl, I thought. I was taken by surprise when he noticed my stare and gave me a small smile. I quickly turned away, hiding my blush. He looks an awful lot like a girl though.

- - -

Dinner was as loud, maybe even louder, than it was while we were making the meat. Minwoo and Dongwan kept making stupid jokes, one causing Hyesung to hit Minwoo in the back of the head. He apologized to me on behalf of Minwoo for the terribleness of it.  Hyesung and I also kept making awkward eye contact, each time causing us to quickly look back down at our plates. After the meal, Hyesung excused himself to use the washroom. Dongwan  watched him walk out of the room and waited to hear the door close before bringing his head in closer to me.

"So what do you think?" Dongwan asked with a wink. Minwoo pulled his head in too. 

"He seems nice." I said nodding my head. "I think we will get along fine."

"Told you so." Minwoo told Dongwan, leaning back in his chair.

"Whatever." Dongwan said over his shoulder before leaning back as well.

"We thought that he could be of good use to you." Minwoo said. "You know, to forget about her."

"Forget about who? I've already forgotten about her." I responded scoffing.

"Well, you seemed a little down." Dongwan said.

"I'm not down. If anything, I'm glad. She was crazy anyway. Good to be away from her."

"I mean like, you seemed traumatized or something after she became a raging ." Minwoo said. "So I, I don't know if Wannie did or not, thought that you could start a new relationship with Hyesungie. I think you guys would be great for each other." He nodded and crossed his arms.

"I hate to burst your bubbles," I said, also crossing my arms. "But I am not gay."

"I didn't think that I was gay either." Minwoo said. "Until you brought my Wannie and I together." He put his arm around Dongwan and Dongwan responded by giggling and kissing him on the cheek.

"Ugh, get a room." Hyesung said, walking back in.

"We have one, just not here." Dongwan retorted and stuck his tongue out at Hyesung who was sitting down.

"What did I miss?" He said looking at the other table members.

"You missed a hot three way between us." Minwoo said, biting his lip at Hyesung. For some reason, it made me rather annoyed.

"Darn." Hyesung chuckled.

"Well, it is getting late, and I am sure it has been a long day for both of you," Dongwan said, looking at his watch. "We better get going." He stood up and took his and Minwoo's dishes to the sink. Minwoo followed him.

"Yeah. We'll go to that room Hyesung wanted us to be in oh so bad and continue where we left off." Minwoo said with a wink and smacked Dongwan in the , causing Dongwan to jump forward leading with his pelvis.

"Please do." Eric said, standing up and beginning to clear the table. Hyesung got up and helped Eric.

"Bye!" Minwoo said as he walked out the door.

"Thank you for having us over, guys. It was wonderful." Dongwan said with a little bow before he followed after Minwoo and closed the door.

"They are pretty good together, don't you think?" Hyesung asked, washing the plates in the sink.

"I'm pretty happy that they got together." I said. "They both were having a pretty rough time before they met each other."

"Really? I didn't hear about that." He said with a frown. "Speaking of which, what where you guys talking about when I was gone?"

"Nothing, really. Just work stuff." I wasn't completely lying. Si Young, the girl I was with, used to work with us. Until she went crazy and decided to leave Seoul. Who knows where she is now.

"Sounds boring." He said. "Glad I missed it."

He finished drying the last dish and put it away. He left the yellow rubber gloves next to the sink, and took the baby blue colored apron off (which he looked damn good in, might I add) and sighed.

"Well." He said. "Goodnight I guess."

I smiled "Goodnight." He blushed, quickly looked away, and walked towards his room. I stood and watched him leave the kitchen.

Why does he have to be so perfect like that? It was making me crazy.

"Oh, and by the way..." He startled me as he poked his head back into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I said

"Thanks again."

- - -

 

( A/N Sorry it has been inconsistent when these are coming out. I already have a new idea for my next fic and I am super excited. I don't know if I will start that during or after i finish this fic, it all depends on how long it will take. ANYWAYS, please leave feedback below and thanks for reading!