An Interesting Day, Part I

Roomies

HYESUNG'S POV

 

The sun creeping in through the window caused me to stir awake. I slowly opened and blinked my eyes, allowing myself to adjust to the sudden brightness. I felt a shifting in the sheets beside me. Turning my head to the right, the image caused my breathing to hitch. Why was he next to me, so intimately close? Once my brain was able to take in the current situation I was in, all the memories from the day before came back. I pulled the blankets up over my face, covering my blush from no one. A small grin grew on my red face.

There was no need to fight my thoughts away. No need to be confused. No need to question.

I loved him.

There is no doubt in my mind after yesterdays incident.

 

- - -

 

The day before

 

I groaned as I got out of bed.  Why did I agree to go on a date with him? And in drag, nonetheless? Even though it is fake, he better pay me back for this, big time. I went into the bathroom and started my normal morning routine.

I had ran out again last night to get make up from a nearby drugstore. If I was going to put on that wig again from yesterday, I at least need to be a good looking girl. I strugled with putting on the eyeliner and fake lashes. I constantly poked my eyes with the liner, leaving them red and iritated when I attempted to put on the falsies. A laugh from the door made me look up.

"You look rediculous." Eric said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Whose fault do you think this is?" I grumbled, throwing the glue on the sink as I gave up putting on the second pair of lashes. 

"Yours. You were the one who agreed to it." He came into the bathroom.

"Why are we doing this, anyways?" 

"Because I don't want to have to deal with Shiyeon anymore. I know she won't give up after last night, so if she sees us out today, then maybe, no, hopefully, she will give up."

I nodded, showing that I understood. It made sense, it was just annoying. 

"Do you want some help?" Eric asked, picking up the glue from the counter. 

"Are you going to glue my eye shut?"

"No. Your mouth, maybe." I glared at him as he took the lashes from my hand and surprisingly skillfully he applied the glue to it.

"How do you know how to do this?"

"Part of my uniform at the cabaret are false lashes. Andy helped me with them at first, but now I am able to do them by myself."

"So do you dress in drag?" I stiffled a laugh at the thought of Eric's broad sholders buldging out of the dress I wore last night.

"I wear a tux, but also make up." I closed my eyes as he applied the lash onto the lid. "Let that dry. It dries clear, so don't worry."

I nodded.

"By the way, I forgot to ask last night because of all the drama. Why were you wearing a wig when you came home?"

"Uh..." Should I tell him what happened? If I told him that I worked at the cabaret, then he is going to ask why I wore it home. Then I would have to explain what happened with Andy and Jinnie.

"Uh?" He parroted.

"I just... forgot..."

He laughed. "Whatever floats your boat, I guess." I heard him leave the room and I released the breath I realized I had been holding. I opened my eyes, feeling the glue was dried, and looked in the mirror. I am still so surprised that I look so much like a girl. And not even one that you can tell is a drag queen.

I cleaned up my mess in the bathroom and went to get dressed. What did I have to wear that would look girly enough to not blow my cover? It was not like I had any skirts or anything. I pawed through my closet and settled on a black hoodie. It was androgenous enough. I pulled out some blue skinny jeans as well. I put them on and checked in the mirror. Something was a bit off, but I couldn't decide what. Maybe stuffing would help? I put on the wig from the night before to check again, but still, it was lacking. I decided to ask Eric for his opinion.

"Hey Eric," I called down the hall, "Could you come here for a second?"

I heard footsteps as I continued to look at myself in the mirror. They stopped in my doorway, but I didn't bother to look at him.

"What do you think is missing?" I asked. Maybe the hair? I started messing with it. 

I didn't get a response from Eric, so I turned to look at him. He was staring, unmoving with his mouth open.

"Eric?" I asked, moving towards him. He jumped backwards a bit, surprised by my sudden advancement on him.

"W-what?" Eric asked, shaking his head in attempt to rid himself of the trance he was in.

"I asked what you thought was missing." Why was he acting like this? I had never seen him like this before. 

I shifted uncomfortably as he looked me up and down.

"Nothing." He said finally, locking eyes with me. "It's perfect."

I blushed a bit and looked down.

"T-thanks."

He smiled at me and took my hand. I looked up, surprised by the sudden action.

"Ready to go, sweetie?" He asked, pulling me from my room through the apartment to the door.

"W-what?" I said, jerking my hand away from his.

"Are you ready?" He asked again, putting on his shoes.

"Well, yeah, but..." I shifted uncomfortably. "Don't call me sweetie."

"Okay." He said, standing up. "What would you prefer me to call you."

"Hyesung." I said, somewhat confused by why he asked me.

"But we are dating."

My heart skipped a beat. I felt all the blood in my body rush to my face. 

"I'll just call you Hyesun." He said after I didn't respond. "That is what I said was your name yesterday, anyways."

"A-alright." I said, starting to put on my own shoes. Why did I get so worked up about what he said? It was fake anyways. It is just a matter of a friend helping out a friend. I stood up as he patted his pockets making sure he had everything; his wallet, keys, and cellphone. Apparently he had all of them because he moved towards the door and opened it for me.

"Ladies first." He said, slightly bowing with his hand gesturing outside.

"Shut up." I grumbled, walking out the door and to the elevator, not bothering to wait for him as he locked up the door. He had gotten over to me by the time the doors opened. We entered the elevator and I pressed the ground floor button. There was a silence between us in the elevator. He didn't seem bothered by it, just watching as the numbers lit up when we passed each floor. Maybe I was uncomfortable because I was about to go out dressed like a girl. Maybe I was uncomfortable because he was using me to get back at his ex girlfriend.

Maybe I was uncomfortable because I loved him.

What? Why do I keep thinking strange things lately? Maybe it was from the alcohol last night. Yeah, that's it. I got a bit tipsy and it still had an effect on me. I was never really able to hold my liqour.

"So..." I said, breaking the silence and trying to get the strange thoughts from my head. "What do you have planned for today?"

"I just thought we could go downtown and hang out around there. Go shopping and eat lunch and stuff." He said as we reached the bottom floor. The doors opened and he took my hand.

"Shall we?"

I blushed  but followed without fighting behind him as he lead me out of the building. People stared at us as we passed, causing my face to somehow heat up more; what I thought was impossible at that moment.

"Eric..." I said quietly. "People are staring."

"Let them." He smiled at me. "We are a good-looking couple and they are acknowledging it."

I chuckled a bit and looked down. Did we actually look that good together? We passed by a shop and I looked over in the window at us. I only caught a glimpse of us. At the next shop, which happened to be a cafe, I stopped, trying to get a better look. What was it they saw in us? Eric realized I had stopped and came back to see what I was looking at.

"What?" He said, after not finding anything that I would seem to look at.

"I want to see why they are staring." I looked at his reflection in the window.

Then I knew.

It was him.

He was incredibly handsome this morning, how had I not realized it earlier? He had slight stubble on his chin. His hair looked like he hadn't even bothered brushing it or trying to control it. Even though he was wearing plain jeans and a white t shirt with a black leather jacket, he looked like a model.

"Do you see it now?" He asked. I stopped checking him out and turned to face him. 

It's because of you. I thought.

"Yeah. It's because I am a damn good-looking woman." I decided to say instead. He chuckled.

"Yeah, you are." He said, and started to pull me away by the hand again. "Come on. Let's go."

I smiled and followed him again, feeling proud that I was with such a good-looking person.

 

- - -

 

DONGWAN'S POV

 

I picked at the muffin in front of me as I took a sip of my coffee. Minwoo sat across from me, looking out at the people passing by. We had decided to go out for breakfast and spend the day out together. It was on a whim, really. We both felt like something interesting was going to happen. 

"Yah, Wannie." He said, gaining my attention. "Isn't that Eric?"

I looked to where he was looking, and sure enough, there he was. He was standing looking in the window with a somehow familiar looking woman.

"Who is he with?" He continued.

"I don't know, but she looks familiar..."

Who was it? I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"I told you something interesting would happen today." Minwoo said, grinning at me. He looked back and they started to move again, both smiling happily. Only now did I realize that they were holding hands.

"Let's follow them." Minwoo said, picking up his jacket from the back of his chair. I stood up and followed him outside the cafe, the couple only a couple yards away from us.

This was going to be an interesting day...

 

- - -

(A/N this is kind of short ugH but here it is <3 wow how exciting will woodong catch ricsung or will they be the idiots they are and not catch on to hyesung STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT also sorry this is so late <3 love you all)