Welcome Back

Roomies

Hyesung walked through the exit of the airport and scanned the dozens of cars for the familiar silver sports car that brought him here 2 years ago. He spotted it coming towards him, so he picked his luggage up and prepared to board the car. However, that action was cut short when the driver got out and practically tackled him.

"Hyesungie hyung!" Junjin squealed in excitement. He was grinning like an idiot seeing that his best friend was back after the long trip abroad.

"I'm back, Jinnie." Hyesung responded, returning the hug. They stood there for a while until they realized the weird stares they were getting from the other commuters.

"Let's go to meet Minwoo hyung." Junjin said as he released his hyung from the embrace. The younger picked up the bags and helped Hyesung carry it to the trunk of his car. Hyesung, still smilling, climbed into the passengers seat, Junjin soon doing the same in the drivers seat.

"Where are we meeting Minwoo?" Hyesung glanced at Junjin.

"At the cafe we always hung out at, duh." Junjin said as if he was shocked Hyesung would even ask, and jokingly elbowed him.

"Sorry." Hyesung chuckled.

"I'l forgive you, but only because you are jetlagged. Any other occasion and I would have punched you or something." Junjin smiled.

Minwoo, Junjin, and Hyesung had been friends since high school. They always hung out at a place called Cafe Shinhwa everyday after school, gossiping and doing homework. They still do it now, just without the homework part.

However, with him having studied in the U.S. for two years, Hyesung has missed the routine, and was excited to get back into it again.

"Oh, that's right." Junjin said, remembering something. "Minwoo has someone he wants us to meet. Apparently he has been dating someone behind our backs. Rude."

"Really? That's great!" Hyesung had to admit, he was a little jealous, however happy for his friend. He wondered what she was like. Probably cute and short, just like Minwoo.

Well, I'll find out soon enough... Thought Hyesung.

- - -

Hyesung wasn't completely wrong. Cute and short. And muscular. And a man.

He wasn't upset or anything, just taken aback. The erted Minwoo who always tried to show Junjin and Hyesung pictures of girls in scantily clad clothing is gay?

"Hyesung, Jinnie, this is Dongwan, my boyfriend." Minwoo said after we had our reunion and sat down at the same booth we always had. Looks like now there will be four of us here when we meet, Hyesung thought.

"It's nice to finally meet you both. I heard so much about you two from Minnie." Dongwan smiled and reached a hand out to shake. 

"Nice to meet you, too, even though we heard nothing." Junjin said, shaking his hand. Minwoo playfully glared at Junjin, and Junjin returning the favor.

"Be nice, Jinnie, I'm sure there was a good reason." Hyesung said, taking Dongwan's hand after Junjin had finished greeting him. "And I am pretty sure I know what that reason was."

"You are probably right." Dongwan chuckled. 

"So..." Junjin started. "How did you two meet?"

"We met through a common friend." Minwoo said. "At his birthday party, he introduced us to each other. We ended up hanging out together for the rest of the party." Minwoo smiled at Dongwan. "That night I knew we would be more than friends."

Dongwan smiled back and took Minwoo's hand. They looked at each other for a second or two.

"When was this?" Hyesung said, breaking their moment because he felt uncomfortable.

"It was last year in February. The 16th, if I remember properly." Dongwan responded.

"That long?" Junjin asked. "You have been together that long and didn't tell us?"

"Yup. Is there a problem?" Minwoo responded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Junjin whined.

"You're kidding right?" Hyesung questioned Junjin. Junjin just gave a blank stare and eventually shrugged.

"Oh my god, it is so obvious!" Hyesung said to Junjin, still confused.

"It was because I was worried that you guys wouldn't accept me." Minwoo said, looking down at the table. Dongwan rubbed his back.

Hyesung and Junjin just stared at Minwoo. Realizing no one was responding, he looked up at the two staring in disbelief at him.

"Was... was that stupid?" Minwoo asked quietly.

"Duh." Junjin and Hyesung responded.

"Of course we would accept you." Hyesung stated.

"Yeah. We wouldn't give up 10 years of friendship because you prefer over chicks." Junjin agreed.

"Jinnie!" Hyesung said disapprovingly, hitting Junjin on the shoulder.

"Ouch! It's true!" Junjin argued, rubbing the red spot left by his hyung.

Hyesung was about to retort, but stopped when he heard a small crying noise from across the table. Junjin and Hyesung looked across to see Minwoo crying into his hands with Dongwan still rubbing his back.

"Sorry I said that so crudely..." Junjin said awkwardly.

"It's not that," Minwoo said, lifting his head from his hands and looking at his friends. "It's because I was stupid. I didn't trust you guys when I know I should of. I'm the one who should be sorry, not you."

"We aren't upset." Hyesung said. "Right, Jinnie?"

"Of course not! If anything, we are ecstatic that you trust us enough to be able to tell us and even introduce us to Dongwan." Junjin said.

- - -

Minwoo eventually calmed down, and they ordered food and talked about other things they experienced while Hyesung was gone.

"I have a favor to ask." Hyesung said. The three other boys looked up from their food.

"What is it?" Junjin asked with a full mouth. Hyesung looked disapprovingly at him, but continued on.

"Do you think you guys could help me find a place to live? Preferably with a roommate. I won't be able to afford living on my own yet, after just getting back."

"Hmm..." Minwoo said. "I can ask around. I think I know someone who is looking for a roommate currently. I'll talk to him and get back to you."

"It would help me a lot. Thanks." Hyesung said.

- - -

That night, Hyesung stayed a Junjin's apartment.

"Thanks for letting me stay until I get a place to live." Hyesung said, receiving a comforter and pillow from Junjin.

"No problem." Junjin said, closing the closet doors he got it out of. "I really wish you could live with me, but this place just isn't big enough." Junjin frowned.

"I understand. Besides, I am already sick of you, so it's a good thing." Hyesung said. Junjin stuck his tounge out at him. Junjin and Hyesung got their selves comfortable; Junjin in the bed and Hyesung on the floor.

"Goodnight, hyung." Junjin said.

"Night Jinnie." Hyesung responded. Junjin turned off the light.

After a minute or so of only white noise, Junjin spoke.

"Hyung?" 

"Yes, Jinnie?"

"Welcome back."

- - -

Meanwhile, Minwoo stood in his kitchen, going through the contacts on his phone.

"Of course." Minwoo smirked and tapped a name on the screen.

The phone rang a couple times, until he hear a click.

"Hello?" A husky voice said on the other end.

"Did I wake you up?" Minwoo asked apologetically.

"No, no. You're fine. I was just playing video games and yelling at the villains, as per usual." The voice said, chuckling. "What's up?"

"Well," Minwoo said, "Do you still need a roommate, Eric?"

- - -

 

(A/N! omg first chapter. I was inspired by the picture that is posted in the foreward and eventually I just had to write this.

please leave feedback! Thanks!)