Chapter 7

When A Cassanova Falls....

 

Chapter 7

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I avoided Daehyun after that. I would only approach him when I needed something and only when we were obligated to. The sight of him really depressed me so I kept my distance. I spent more time with Hoya like I used to when I was a kid. We were still friends. The guy was actually very sweet. He topped the Dance department and made girls fall in love with him. As weeks passed, we would spend more time together and I wondered if something actually developed.

Daehyun, on the other hand, would no longer accept gifts from girls and would spend more time with his guy friends. Whenever girls would ask him to spend time with them, he would decline and told them he was busy doing something. I would catch him taking glimpses of me but I just shrugged it off and go back to whatever it was I was doing.

 

“So, it's that time of the year again.” Teacher GaIn began. “It’s the school’s showcase.”

“I’ve paired you guys into duets, quartets and solos. Some of you might perform twice, so you have to do your best ok?”

The class replied with a loud yes.

I stayed silent when they chorused and glanced to see Daehyun who did the same. He rested his chin on his palm and stared in front. I wondered if he was staring at teacher GaIn. Seeing the two of them, I wondered how many girls he had kissed. Did he ever do it with anybody? I caught my self blushing and shook my head agressively. WAAAHHH!!! No way! But its totally not impossible.

“Eunji-shi?” Teacher GaIn called. “Is there anything you want to share with the class?”

“None, teacher.” I replied.

“Ok, so you and Daehyun are going to have a duet together and both of you will have solos.”

“What?” I said in surprise.

She repeated then continued with her announcement. I buried my face in my hands and let out a sigh. This was totally not my day. Why him of all people?

Chunji, who sat in front of me, turned to me and asked. “Are you ok?”

“Oh.. Super!” I said sarcastically.

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

What the hell was she plotting? This teacher. Why did she pair me up with Eunji? Oh well, I couldn’t care less. I looked at her and saw how troubled she looked. Was singing with me really that bad? I’d give her a high grade if she sang with me but that probably wasn’t the point.

When the class dispersed, Teacher GaIn asked me to stay behind.

We were alone in the room as students went home. She sat on my desk and looked at me.

“You’ve been avoiding me lately, Daehyunnie..” she said.

“I’m sorry, Teacher. But I can’t do this with you anymore.” I told her.

“You’ve finally found a girl, have you?” she said while caressing my cheek.

“That and because you’re already with Teacher Jaejoong.”

“So if I wasn’t with him, you’d come to me?”

“That wasn’t the point.”

“Its Eunji isn’t it?”

I smiled at her. “Maybe, so if you’ll excuse me.” I stood up from my chair and grabbed my bag. “You should be happy with Teacher Jaejoong. Don’t ask other men to comfort you. Let him do it and if it doesn’t work out, just break up with him.” I walked towards the door ,when suddenly it opened. It was Eunji who stood looking down the floor with a tense expression on her face.

“I forgot my notebook. Sorry for the intrusion.”

She quickly grabbed her notebook and ran away.

Teacher GaIn snorted. “So much for that. Goodluck with her Daehyunnie.”

I laughed. “I don’t need luck.”

 

 

I went to Haebyeol’s house afterwards and bought the cake she loved. She had been a avoiding me for weeks now and I barely saw her. I couldn't blame her though. I didn’t want to be what she hated. She was my best friend. She was like a sister to me and I betrayed her trust.

Auntie let me in and I went upstairs to her room.

She told me Haebyeol was busy doing homework and even locked herself in.

I knocked on her door.

“Who is it?” she asked.

“Its me. At least hear what I have to say first. Please Haebyeolie.” I told her.

She opened her door with a pissed expression on her face. “What do you want?” she said.

“I’m sorry. I was wrong. I was a scumbag and I hate myself for it. I was so frustrated that day that I wasn’t even thinking.”

“You totally forgot the point of this. I confessed to you.”

“I know you did but, I can’t accept your feelings. I’ve always thought of you as a little sister and I still do and I don’t want to lose that.” I probably looked pitiful at that moment. I knelt on the floor and bowed. “PLEASE FORGIVE ME!”

“YAH!” she sighed and her accent came out. “Alright alright, I forgive you. Just stop ok?” she said.

I handed her the cake I bought to which she received.

I looked up and smiled.

“Come on,” her face still stern. “Umma probably made juice. It would go well with the cake.”

I hugged her tightly with joy. “Thanks Haebyeolie.”

“Pabo…” she started crying. “I really liked you, you know? I made you come. I wanted you to be the one I dated instead. I didn’t want any of those guys. I only wanted you! Why couldn’t you see that? I really like you oppa…” she whispered while sniffling.

I continued to hug her until she stopped. After that, we had snacks and everything was back to as it was before. I knew she liked me. I knew it from the start but I couldn’t return her feelings. I couldn’t date her and lie to her. She didn’t deserve that. She deserved better than that.