Chapter 12

When A Cassanova Falls....

 

Chapter 12

 

Daehyun’s POV

It was the day of the show case. The stage was bustling with people and as the presentation time grew near, everyone moved at a fast pace. I spotted Eunji. She looked beautiful in her pink dress and iron-curled hair. There were people adding a bit of make-up on her which made her glow even more. I couldn’t help but just stare at her. I would do it all day long if I wanted to but I had work to do, so I tried to snap myself out of the trance.

People were walkind aroud, screaming, hissing, and sweating. We did our best to make our show case the best there ever was.

I was wearing some casual yet presentable looking clothes. I really didn’t have any other words to describe it. Eunji was the first to present and so, I watched her perform on the sidelines. She sang with her usual sweet sounding voice. The room filled with glow and awe as the audience looked at her intently, admiring not only her outer beauty but the beauty of her voice. She didn’t look as nervous anymore. She looked more natural and when she smiled, the room lit up. She sang a song about the person she liked, about how he made her feel happy and content and that there was no other man like him. I didn’t know who she was thinking of though. The way she sang was so sincere and she sounded like she was singing to somebody out there. I won’t be conceited and say she was singing about me because I might be disappointed in the end.

 

It was my turn to perform. I didn’t know whom she was singing about but all I know is that, I’ll be singing about her. I took my place on stage and looked at the crowd.

You don't run with the crowd
You go your own way
You don't play after dark
You light up my day
Got your own kind of style
That sets you apart
Baby, that's why you captured my heart

I know sometimes you feel like you don't fit in
And this world doesn't know what you have within
When I look at you, I see something rare
A rose that can grow anywhere (grow anywhere)
And there's no one I know that can compare

What makes you different, (alright) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Hey, yeah yeah yeah
You got something so real
You touched me so deep (touched me so deep)
See material things
Don't matter to me
So come as you are
You've got nothing to prove
You won me with all that you do
And I want to take this chance to say to you

What makes you different, (alright, yeah yeah) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful

You don't know (you don't know) how you touched my life (touched my life)
Oh in so many ways (so many ways) I just can't describe
You taught me what love is supposed to be
You saw the little things that make you beautiful to me (so beautiful)
Oh yeah, yeah

What makes you,
What makes you different, (what makes) makes you beautiful (to me)
What's there inside you, (there shines) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Everything you do is beautiful (so beautiful)
Love you give shines right through me (shines right through to me)
Everything you do is beautiful (ooh, ooh ooh ooh oh)
Oh, you're beautiful to me (to me)

 

 

 

(What makes you different by: Backstreet Boys)

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I really did think about it for a while. It was weird how you love someone but you literally can’t say it to their face because you’re afraid they might avoid you or have the burden of feeling it too much. I didn’t want to give him that burden that was why I was contented with just being by his side the whole time. Now here he was, saying he liked me and looking at me like I was the only girl in the world. Was that even possible? I always asked myself if I was dreaming. I was confident with myself, that was true but for some reason, I always questioned myself whenever I was with Daehyun. I knew I was pretty but around him I felt like I was a frog trying to be someone the person was comfortable with. Why am I comparing myself to a frog when people are afraid of frogs? Anyways, you get my point. He took the stage and the crowd went wild.

He sang an english song. He had a bit of an accent but who was I to judge when I had the same thing, either way, he sang beautifully. I could hear his heart singing and pouring into the lyrics. It was…beautiful was too simple to even describe something indescribable. The crowd and even the people backstage were at awe with him. Everyone stopped what they were doing and listened. He was that amazing!

When he finished his song, he then took the time to give a speech.

“Eunji-ah! I’ll probably get in trouble for making a speech in front of these people during our show case but I want you to know, I REALLY LIKE YOU. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DEEPER THEN I LOVE YOU. Yes, I’m saying this in front of a crowd so that you’ll believe me and if I get rejected afterwards, you’ll feel guilty for embarassing me in public.”

GENIUS.

“That’s all. Oh and wait, please go out with me.. Alright, now I’m done. Thank you for watching people of the auditorium.” He smiled then immediately left the stage. I heard teachers curse and face palming at the back which made some students giggle silently.

Other performances followed and I still had time to think about how to react to it. Some of my classmates gave me teasing smiles, others gave me snobbish looks, they were probably his admirers. I looked at myself in the mirror. The song he just sang I dind’t understand most of it but some parts of it, I completely understood. The things that made me different were beautiful to him. I understood that now.

When we both took the stage, I looked at him in the eyes and tried to read what he was thinking. His gaze focused on me, making me feel like I was the only person in the room. He extended his hand, offering me to hold it. I hesitated at first then gave in to his request. We faced the audience and looked at their faces in awe and smiles. He pulled me closer and wrapped one arm around me. When the song ended, my lips brushed his. He looked at me in surprise as the loud howling and cheering from the audience sounded far in the background. The curtain closed.

 

 

 

He was sitting on the stage and humming to Katy Perry’s firework. He looked blankly at the empty stage and played with a coin, twirling it in his finger. When he heard my footsteps, he turned to me and quickly turned away, hiding his face by bowing his head. I stood in front of him and tried to look sternly at him. He took a peek and quickly turned away. “What?” he said.

“Are you shy?” I mocked.

“Leave me alone. I’m still trying to fathom what just happened a moment ago.” He said.

I laughed and kneeled, placing my hands on his knee. “The great cassanova, Jung Daehyun is blushing? He’s shy? I should get an award.”

He shot a glare.

“Yes.” I said. “You don’t know how long I’ve been wanting to hear that from you.”

He then looked at me, with those intense-looking eyes of his. He cupped my cheek and pressed his lips on my forehead. “Sorry for making you wait.” He smiled with that bright and warm smile of his.

“Though, I am sort of missing your cassanova side though.” I chuckled.

“I can still ask Youngjae for their numbers again if you want me to.” He said.

I shot him a glare to which he just brushed off with a laugh. “I was just kidding.”

“I love you, Jung Eunji.”

“Saranghaeyo, Daehyun.”

 

THE END~

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks for reading and sorry for making you guys wait. I really appreciate all the subscribers and all those who commented. I will do my best to write more because you guys motivated me. God Bless!

~BananaCaramel