Chapter 6

When A Cassanova Falls....

 

Chapter 6

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I could hear her crying. She was teary-eyed from the very beginning. I could see it in her face. Why was my heart ripping to shreds? What did it matter to me anyways? Why did I have the urge to hug her tight and comfort her? This was crazy.

I looked at her and she started wiping her tears and tried to compose herself since we were about to enter the classroom.

I had the urge to kill myself at that moment.

She opened the door of the classroom and entered.

I tailed behind her.

“Ms. Eunji, are you crying?” Our current teacher, who was awkwardly Teacher Jaejoong, asked when she came in. “Oh, Daehyun, its nice of you to join us. Did you make Ms. Eunji cry?”

I looked at him blankly. “Nope…” I lied.

I placed the pile of music sheets in his desk and returned to my seat. I suddenly didn’t feel like receiving gifts anymore. I glanced at Eunji, who was already in her seat. She buried her head in her arms, covering her face.

I also didn’t have the mindset to listening to anything and did the same thing.

 

When classes ended, Haebyeol asked me to come and meet her. We met at the play ground near or houses. Yeahp, we were neighbours. When we moved to Seoul, her parents coincidentally also came here since her dad’s workplace transferred here.

We sat on the swing as she began talking about her day and some problems she encountered. My mind was too engulfed in the events that had happened and I ended up not listening.

“Oppa..” she called.

“Yeah?” I turned to her.

“I like you.”

I sighed. “Look Haebyeolie, I’ve had enough confessions for one day.”

“Yah! Oppa, I’m being serious here.” She complained.

I unknowingly kissed her. I didn’t know what I was doing. Did I do this out of frustration? Crap, she was my friend. My childhood friend for that matter. She didn’t deserve this.

I pulled away and looked down in angst.

“I’m sorry…”

“Oppa” I looked at her and tears welled up in her eyes. “You were the last person I expected this from.” She stood up and ran away.

 

What was I doing?

 

When I returned home, I immediately went to my room and laid down on my bed. I looked at my phone and stared at the screen. I’ve never hurt a girl before. I didn’t want to start now.

I actually figured out what I should do.