Chapter 10

When A Cassanova Falls....

 

Chapter 10

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

This was bull! Uggghhh! I can’t believe this girl was driving me crazy. I buried my face in music sheets and tried not to sing like a pissed person.

“Daehyun, where’s Eunji?” the pianist asked.

“She said she needed to go to the restroom.” I lied.

“Oh..ok, let’s practice your solo then.” He told me.

“Ok.”

I began singing. As I sang, I thought of her. The girl who gave me snacks whenever I was hungry. She was sort of weird but I enjoyed her company. I was more open to her than any other girl I was with. She understood whenever I had to split and be with another girl. I don’t how she understood me. When she confessed, it was like the sort of friendship (?) I don’t know what we called it, turned complicated. No, it probably started when she suddenly looked beautiful in my eyes. Now, here she was, avoiding me. She hated me. Just when I started to love her, she starts tearing me to bits. Then again, it was probably my fault. I wouldn’t believe myself either. After all the things I’ve done, of course she’d think I was playing with her.

When I finished singing, I turned to the pianist to listen to his comment. He sat there crying like a baby.

“Daehyun….I could feel the emotion.” He said. “Bravo.”

I gave an awkward smile. “Thank you?”

 

 

 

Eunji’s POV

 

I went to the rooftop to get some fresh air. I saw Raina sunbae staring at her phone. For some reason, she stood there crying. She noticed me and quickly wiped her tears away. “Hey” she greeted.

“Hey.” I said in return.

She flashed her beautiful smile and approached me. “What brings you here?” she asked.

“Just wanted fresh air.” I told her.

She nodded.

We stood there silently awkward for a while. She then walked towards the ledge and rested her arms there. She rested her chin on her arms and stared at the view below. “I’m jealous of you Eunji-shi.” She began. “Daehyun’s really serious about you.”

I walked and stood beside her. “He’s just playing with me.” I told her.

She turned to me with a solemn smile on her face. She shook her head and said “You’re wrong. He really is serious about you. You should see the way he looks at you. Did you know he has a picture of you on his phone? Did you know he made it his wallpaper? The last time we were together here, he kept staring at it. He was never like that with any other girl. I’ve never seen him like that before. I’m actually jealous.”

I didn’t know what to say. Why was she jealous of me? Before, it was always the other way around. I always thought that if ever Daehyun were to turn serious, Raina sunbae would be the girl he’d end up with.

“Daehyun’s a great guy. It’s the reason why girls would seek him out. He’s our ideal boyfriend. Now, he’s turning us down because of you. Do you realize how lucky you are?” she said and sighed.

She took out a ribbon key chain from her pocket and dangled it with her finger. “He bought me this key chain. Well, I forced him to buy it for me actually. It was when my boyfriend and I were fighting.” She bit her lip. “I kept it ever since. Even if I’m with my boyfriend, there's still a part of me that still longed for him, you know?”

“Daehyun’s not your second option, sunbaenim.” I told her sternly.

I don’t know why it came out. I didn’t know where it came from.

“I’m sorry.” I bowed in apology.

She chuckled. “Bold, but you’re right. He doesn’t deserve that.” She threw the key chain away.

She threw the one thing she shared with Daehyun. Was this a symbol of her letting him go? Why did I feel relieved? 

“By the way..” she took out something from her pocket. “Here. Can you please give this to him? I took the liberty of checking his phonebook. Apparently, he deleted all of those girls’ numbers. Please give it back to him.”

I took his cellphone. I pressed the button and checked his wallpaper. It really was me. It was when I sang in the amusement park. I clenched his phone.

 

 

 

I went to the classroom instead and decided to just put it under his table. I didn’t want to give it to him. I seriously didn’t know how to face him. I still needed to comprehend everything first. Swallow it all in.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming. “Aish! Where the heck did I put my phone?”

Oh crap, Daehyun!

I quickly placed his phone under his desk and quickly hid inside the the cabinet for cleaning equipment.

 

 

 

Daehyun’s POV

 

That’s weird. I can’t believe I lost my phone. I opened the door of the classroom and went in. I checked under my table. There it is! I heard a rumbling sound inside the cleaning equipment cabinet. I walked closer and saw a student ID lying on the ground.

Eunji.

 

“Yah, I know you’re there.” I said.

 

The rumbling stopped.

I lightly touched the cabinet door that separated us. I leaned my head against it and sighed. “I won't force you to come out so just listen to what I have to say. I also probably can't say this if I saw your face because right now, if I saw you, I might go crazy. I know you don’t believe me and I don’t blame you but I’m willing to only look at you. I promise I will. I might not sound sincere right now but I just wanted you to know. If you really have no ounce of feelings for me right now, I’m willing to bring it back. I won’t give up on you easily.”

I grabbed my phone from under the table and left the classroom. I hoped she understood me though. I really didn’t want to give her up like that. I was never like this with anyone but for some reason, I’m willing to try. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I thought this was going to be the last ; n ; but yeah, I couldn't resist xD Sorry, I really will try to finish it.