Chapter 1

When A Cassanova Falls....

 

Chapter 1


Eunji’s POV

 


Jung Daehyun was my classmate. The ultimate play boy in school. He just came from Busan and suddenly became the talk of the school. Girls always ask for his company whether or not they have boyfriends. I heard rumours that even teachers seek him out. He would smile widely when someone said he was a cassanova and brush it off, saying he was just friendly. He was the super star of the Singing Department. His voice melting the hearts of many. His motto, “Singing is my wife while Food is my lover.” 
I never really knew what I thought about the guy. I knew he was someone not to be trusted but I guess I couldn’t help it.
“Eunji-ah,” he flashed his handsome smile. “Hey Busan buddy, got any food for me?”
He called me his Busan buddy since I’m also from Busan. I always gave him food when I had the chance. I wondered why he stuck close to me. I’m not really as appealing as other girls out there. I handed him a lunchbox and stared blankly at him like I always do. “Aish you, so troublesome. Why not eat the ones being handed out to you?” I complained. 
“I already did.” He grinned. “They were yummy.”
I probably looked puzzled because he then laughed at my expression. “Pabo, it’s not that hard when you love food so much.”
“You’ll get fat.” I commented.
“I’m not the one who eats too much chocolate.” He smiled.
I looked away and noticed someone familiar at the door. “Hey Daehyun,” I called. “Its Raina sunbae.” Daehyun looked at her direction and smiled. I always wondered if he liked Raina sunbae. It was hard not to like her. She was pretty and also had an outgoing personality. She was probably Daehyun’s type if he decided to be serious. He then excused himself and went on his away along with the lunchbox I gave him. Bummer, I really wanted to see him eat it happily.
“Eunji-ah,” I turned and saw my friend Chunji. “Hey, you have any food for me?” 
Chunji was also good-looking. I seriously have no idea why these good-looking people come to me. I’m probably irresistible. /slapped/ I shook my head and said, “Sorry, I already gave it to Daehyun.” 
“Why do you always give it to that cassanova? He always gets food, why bother give him some more?” Chunji complained.
Eunji laughed. “Because he gets hungry easily, plus he’s my Busan buddy.” 
Chunji scowled. “For all I know, you actually like the guy.”
“Maybe.” I answered bluntly. “I’m not entirely sure.”

 

 

 

Daehyun’s POV


Raina noona called me again. She probably came to tell me about her boyfriend problems. I enjoy listening to them while being intrigued. I do try to be friendly with her but she brushes me off easily. She always says that I’m probably her type if she didn’t like someone else. She sounded like she was challenging me. 
“So Dae, how are you and Haebyeol?” Raina noona asked. 
“Huh? We’re fine now.” I answered timidly. 
I didn’t know what to add with that. Haebyeol was my dongsaeng who also comes to me whenever she was lonely. She tells me her problems and I end up being sweet to her. Sometimes the girl made me speechless but I couldn’t leave her alone. Raina spotted us somewhere being as she said "intimate" and after that, she started thinking I had feelings for the kid.
She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed. “What should I do, I wonder….” 
“Break up with him and come to me.” I answered.
“You don’t really mean that.” She smiled.
“Of course not." I paused. "Maybe." 
“You’re such a cassanova.” 
“I’m not a cassanova. I’m just friendly.”

 

 

 

Eunji’s POV


Daehyun and I went to vocal class together. It was Tuesday and it was the day where seniors and juniors would be in the same class. It was weird how I was fidgeting. Was I nervous? I can’t be nervous. It was just an exam. A vocal exam, of course, I’d pass. I watched people singing in front. Some fell flat and others fell sharp. Oh gosh, it really was terrifying. Was I shivering? Probably, the air conditon. Stupid air condition. I looked up and realized the room used an electric fan since the air condition was broken and it was summer. I was totally nervous. 
Suddenly, I felt someone touching my hand. “Hey, you ok?” Daehyun asked.
“OFCOURSE NOT.” To my dismay, I accidentally spoke in Busan dialect. “THE HELL WOULD I BE OK!”
Daehyun laughed at my overreaction. 
The whole class looked at us. I lowered myself down my chair, trying to hide in embarrassment. The teacher glared and then called my name along with Daehyun’s.
We both stood up and stayed in front. I looked at the music sheet I was holding. Oh crap, they all looked like school kid scribbles. I’m dead. 
Daehyun started singing. The class stopped and listened. Some closed their eyes to listen to the beautiful melody while other stared at him in awe. He was really amazing.
When it was finally my turn, I almost died of a heart attack. My mind was totally blank. Daehyun grabbed hold of my hand and reassured me. I opened my mouth and luckily something came out. I looked at him and he smiled. We both sang in unison at the chorus and in the end, I felt comfortable and the nerves began to calm itself down. 
When we finished, everyone stood and clapped for us. The teacher went teary-eyed and gave us an A. Wow, did I really sound that bad? /bricked/
When class was finally over, Raina sunbae approached us telling us we did a great job and wished she partnered with Daehyun instead. How could she say that? We passed due to my awesomeness of course. It wasn’t all Daehyun’s doing. When she left us, Daehyun and I walked to the cafeteria together to eat lunch. 
“Say Eunji, you free this Saturday?” he asked as he bit his sandwich.
“Yeahp,why?” 
“Want to go to the amusement park this weekend? It’s my treat.” 
“Sure.” I agreed. 
He finished the last bite of his sandwich and smiled. “Good.” He kissed me in the cheek and smiled. “I’ll see you at 1.” And left.
I turned red as I touched my cheek. Did he just….
That stupid cassanova.

 

 

 

Daehyun’s POV


When class ended, I spent my afternoon with Haebyeol. She was my childhood friend and was still in middle school. Ever since we were young, she would always depend on me. I really worry for her; I really can’t leave her alone. 
“Hey oppa,” since she also came from Busan, her accent sometimes came out whenever she was depressed. “Why can’t I get a steady relationship? Is there anything wrong with me?” she asked.
“There’s nothing wrong with you.” I patted her head. “Maybe he just wasn’t the one.” 
“They’re always never the one.” She pouted. 
I laughed. 
“Hey oppa, why can’t you just date me instead?” 
“I told you, I’m focusing on my career right now. I’m not ready for a relationship.” I said.
“Lies. Then what about Yewon unnie? Also Raina unnie…” she said.
“They don’t take me seriously, really. I told you. I’m just friendly.” 
“Fine.” She exasperated. “Can you sing for me instead? I’m always better whenever you sing to me.” 
“Alright.” I nodded.