Chapter 1 - That Dream, That Venus

Dreamscape

 

”What kind of dream was that? It was weird.” said our green-haired girl. Which I will now introduce to you dear readers, this girl’s name is Lime, and yes, this story is about her, but don’t get me wrong, it’s not only her story. But I will be spoiling this if I talk about it in details this early, so we better start off with our story.

Lime stood up and did some stretches to awaken her senses and muscles, she was tending her bed when she heard a voice “Hyelim-ah! Breakfast is ready!” it was her mom. It was a normal Monday morning – her mother was busy preparing for her, her father and her younger sister. “Hurry unnie, we’ll be late for school!” it was her dongsaeng – Yooyoung, which was already in her school uniform and was eating her breakfast. And so, a few moments forward, their father left for work and the sisters bade their goodbyes to their mom. They both attend the same school – Pledis High School, and since their house is quite near, they always walk together to school. Now that they’re together, I’ll say something about these sisters. They were close to each other ever since they were kids, even though Yooyoung is a year younger than Lime. And that Yooyoung looks up to her unnie so much, well, who would not? I’m sure even you will if I were to tell you more about Lime, but that comes later in our story.

They arrived just in time for the opening ceremony and the sisters waved goodbye at each other at the ring of the school bell. In the classroom, Lime went straight to a seat beside the window, which she really liked; afterall dozing beside a window at school is definitely invaluable. A voice shot across the room “Lime-ah! Good Morning!” which Lime recognized instantly, it was her bestfriend – Yoonjo. They do not know if it is fate that keeps them together but they were classmates ever since nursery which made them close as real sisters. “We’re classmates again! Can you believe it?” asked Yoonjo. “Honestly, No.” said Lime blatantly which made the two burst into laughter. Yoonjo decided to sit beside Lime for old times’ sake as the seat was also empty. It was a good first day for a new academic year, time flew really fast, but nevermind, nothing special really happened that day except that Yoonjo was chosen as class representative - just like always. At dismissal, Yoonjo decided to go over to Lime’s, so they met up with Yooyoung at the school gate and went off together.

“We’re home!” Lime shouted as they entered the house. The girls took off their shoes and went straight to the living room. “Aaaahh~ It’s been ages since I last went here!” this was Yoonjo’s line as she snuggled a pillow into her arms. “But you went here in the middle of summer break, unnie!” said Yooyoung to the girl which seemed half-asleep. You see, Yoonjo is a sleepyhead. If she ain’t talking she’s probably sleeping, it became her hobby – weird, I know. “Yah! Jerry-ah! You went over just to sleep?” shouted Lime so loud that Yoonjo was back to her senses, but also caused her mother to take a look at the living room where she sees her two lovely daughters and an equally lovely Yoonjo. “Ah! Yoonjo-ah! I didn’t know you were coming; you should’ve called, I didn’t prepare snacks.” exclaimed by their surprised mother. You see, Yoonjo is really close to Lime and her family, which you and I should not be surprised to know, given that they knew each other since they we’re little kids. “Good afternoon to you Mrs. Kim! I’m sorry for not calling earlier; it was a sudden decision!” Yoonjo said with a bright smile. “No worries! What’s done is done. I’ll prepare your snacks in a while, in the meantime make yourself at home” said Mrs. Kim, “I will. Thanks Mrs. Kim!” replied Yoonjo shortly.

The three girls started with their usual conversation which started with their summer vacations, followed by their plans for the current school year. “I can’t believe that we’re finally on our senior year!” Lime said to Yoonjo. “I was so excited last night that I didn’t get enough sleep!” Yoonjo exclaimed in a frustrated manner. “Lime unnie was sleeping sooooo sound last night.” Yooyoung said in reply to Yoonjo’s last sentence. “Ah yes, and I had this very weird dream…” said Lime softly. Yoonjo’s curiosity skyrocketed, you see, she doesn’t let things like this pass her by. So, Lime told Yoonjo and Yooyoung about her overly vivid weird dream. Time passed by as the girls were having fun, Yoonjo bade her farewell to the Kims when it was near dinnertime so as to avoid being scolded by her own mother. Over dinner, Lime was still thinking about her dream, the most intriguing part for her was that she dreamt of someone that she doesn’t even know, and she thought to herself many times who that girl may be. As she lay on her bed that night, the angelic visage of the girl still lingered on her mind; Lime was at awe on how beautiful the girl was. Moments later, Lime fell into a deep slumber.

She found herself walking bare-footed in a forest she doesn’t know, a sudden voice tingled in her ears; someone was singing. She followed the voice and saw a girl in a white dress – elegance spelled all over her being. She approached the figure with hurried footsteps, but as she got nearer the beautiful singing started fading and was replaced by her own loud heartbeat. The girl looked up to Lime and smiled – this left Lime awestruck at how beautiful the mysterious girl was. As Lime snapped to her senses she asked: “Who are you?”

“Unnie! Unnie! You’ll be late, wake up!” yelled a voice whose owner Lime knows well, it was Yooyoung’s. Lime got up as fast as she can and headed for the shower. She dreamt of her again, it was the second time; which made Lime more curious than ever. After getting on her school uniform she rushed downstairs and grabbed a toast before leaving the house, she was alone today, Yooyoung had gone ahead. As she reached the gates, the school bell rang triumphantly over the campus; she made it just in time, just before the gates were closed. Still catching her breath, she walked slowly towards their building when she heard a voice – a voice she had heard several times now, a voice veiled with utmost mystery, a voice she heard from the woods. She followed this voice just like in her dream; with heavy footsteps. Her heart almost skipped a beat when she saw the owner of the voice sitting under a tree. They were the only ones in the area which made it seemingly quiet when the girl stopped singing at Lime’s arrival. The girl stared at her, which Lime found stupefying as ever. The girl had round eyes that shined as bright as the Sun, a nose flawlessly proportioned as the mountains of the Earth, cheeks as soft as the clouds and billows of the Sky, lips as perfect as the curves of the Moon, and a smile as deep as the depths of the Sea. It was the Venus from her dreams! Only this time she was on a similar school uniform as Lime, Yoonjo and Yooyoung. But I must say that she is equally magnificent on a school uniform as she was with the white dress she wore on Lime’s dream.

Finally, after minutes of daydreaming, Lime snapped to her senses, and with all her might she blurted out:

“Who are you?”