The Hell??

The Unspeakable

Your POV

“But Daadd~”I whined spooning the last of my cereal into my mouth.

“No buts Min Young, you’re going to school today whether you like it not.”

“Okay, fine.”

My family had just moved to South Korea so my father could take his promotion.  I didn’t want to leave my friends Mi Nah and Min Ji in LA but my dad needed this.  I was starting SeungRi  High School today but I was nervous…extremely.

“Get your bag Min Young, let’s go!”  My mom yelled from the car.

“Here I come!” I yelled back grabbing my bag from the couch.

I walked out of the house and climbed in the passenger seat.

“Everything will be okay Min Young.”

“If you say so.”

“I do say so.”

I smiled at her and she winked.  It wasn’t long before I was at school.  I climbed out of the car and walked up to the dreaded gates.  I made the decision to step past them and onto campus.  It was a decision I would regret.  I walked into the building and into the office.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”  I said as I met with the principal and my homeroom teacher.

“Annyeong Min Young.”  My teacher said grinning her off. “Ah ah, come in here.”  She said catching someone in the hallway. 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He said to me.  “Banguhwo.  Baekhyun-ibnida.”

“Min Young-ibnida.  Banguhwo. I know who you are by the way.”

“He will be your guide for today.  Arrasso.”

“Neh.”  I said shaking my head.

“Can I see your paper?”  Baekhyun asked me.  I nodded and handed him the paper.

“Your locker is far from mine so I will show you the hallway.”

“Arrasso.”

He showed me the hallway.  The hallway that contained the worst possible moment of my life.  I was walking to my locker when someone ran into me.

“Ah!” I hissed closing my eyes.

“Aishh!!! Watch where you’re going!”  The guy said grabbing my books from the floor and shoving them back into my arms.

“Mi-mianhae.” I said turning to walk away.

I could hear them laughing behind me saying rude things like “, she should know not to bump into him not on her first day especially” and “what a pabo.”  It hurt to know that I just ruined my first day at Seung Ri High School and my chances to date my bias.  That hope immediately went out the window.  Baekhyun came running over to me when he saw what happened.

“Gwenchanayo?”

“Neh.  Gwenchanahyo.”

“Arrasso.   I’m sure you know who it is.  He thinks he is the .  But you probably know that too.”

I nodded my head and looked away.

“Do you like our group.”

“Neh.  Very much.”

“Oh, gamsahabnida.”

“You are older than me you know that?”

“Well then, dongsaeng,”  he said chuckling.  “You can call me Bacon, everyone does.  But remember to add oppa at the end.”

“I know oppa.” I said chuckling and going to my seat in the class. 

I was glad I was by a window, it made it easier to look away when Kai walked in.  That was the easiest part, but I couldn’t continue looking out the window.  I had already started zoning in on the teacher when I got the sudden feeling of somebody staring at me.  I looked to my right and saw Kai glaring at me.  I quickly turned my head and finished class.  Why did the teacher sit me next to him?  When the bell rang for lunch, Baekhyun pulled me by arm into the cafeteria. 

“You can sit at our table.”  He said as we walked into the lunch line.

After getting our food, we walked over and sat at the table.

“Hyung, who ith thith?”  Sehun asked.

“Min Young-ibnida.”  I said introducing myself.

“Oh, annyeonghatheyo.”

“Your lisp is really cute.”

“Thankth.  Thath hat everyone thayth.”

“You’re welcome.” I said smiling.  I went to eat rice when someone slammed their tray on the table knocking the rice off my spoon.

“What the hell is she doing at our table?”  Kai said staring me down.

“She is eating lunch with us pabo.”  Chanyeol said immediately coming to my defense.

“Move.”

“Excuse me.” I said in disbelief.

“Move.”

“No Kai! She is staying at this table.”

“Fine.  Whatever.”

“Dude, get over it.   All she did was bump into you.”  Suho said. “Now stop.”

“I don’t care.”

“She doesn’t understand yet she is new.” D.O.  said defending my ignorance.”

“Well you should have said something before.”

“You still wouldn’t care.” Baekhyun said chuckling.

“You’re right.”  He said picking up meat with his chopsticks.

I quietly ate my lunch and left the table, leaving the others behind.  I went to the library and sat in there until 5 minutes before the bell was supposed to ring.  I walked back to class to see Kai already sitting in his seat.  I jumped back a little not wanting him to see me. Something was calling me to go in though.  When he moved his arm, something reflected in the light.  It looked like a triangle with a circle in the middle.  Maybe he had a tattoo.  I walked over to him and sat in my seat.

“Nice tat…wait where did it go?”

“Where did what go?”  He said with a snobby tone.

“I thought I saw a tattoo on your hand I guess I was wrong.”

“Yea you were.”

“Listen Kai.  I’m not going to deal with your higher than thou attitude all ing year.”

“Then don’t.”

“What the is your problem?”  I said raising my voice. “I didn’t do anything to you.”

“Never said you did.”

“Then why do you keep treating me like this?”

“I want to.”

“Well stop because getting old.”

“Whatever.”  He said looking toward the teacher as she walked in to start class.

I scooted away from him as much as I could.

Kai POV

She was the first person, besides the members, that stood up to me.  But why did her words hurt so much?  Why did I feel sorry when I ran into her in the hallway?  And why did my heart skip beats every time she looked at me?  I couldn’t like her could I?  I tried getting rid of the thoughts, but it was all I could think about for the rest of the day.  When the bell rang I went to my locker then left.  When I reached the gates, I made sure no one was around.

Your POV

As I was walking towards the gates, I stopped when I saw Kai.  I wanted to know what he was doing.  Maybe he didn’t want to walk since it was raining.  I would offer him a ride if he wasn’t such a prick about things.  I just watched him and waited on my mom to pull up.  Then all of a sudden he disappeared before my eyes.  What the hell did I just see?  I thought about it the whole way home.  Was it true about their powers?  Was the last thing I thought before I fell asleep that night.  When I woke up I had a message from Baekhyun. 

After I responded, I got in the shower.  I climbed out, dried my hair, and put my uniform on.  When I got to school I went to my locker, then to class.  I sat in my seat and watched out the window.  I started thinking about yesterday afternoon again.  He really disappeared.  I was in mid thought when a girl walked in and slammed her hands down on my desk.

“Who are you to mess with my oppa?”

I didn’t feel the need to say anything to her.

“ANSWER ME!”  She said beginning to yell. 

She raised her arm to hit me.  I was so focused on her smacking my cheek,  that I didn’t see anyone else walk-in.  As soon as she was getting ready to swing her arm down again, he grabbed her arm and spun her to face him.

“Kai-oppa~” she whined.  “This…g-girl was being mean to me.  A-and you know how I get.”

Kai POV

“Just stop Hye Jin.”  I said placing her arm back by her side.  “I do know how you get, that’s why I know you’re lying.”  I don’t know where it came from, but I had the sudden urge to protect Min Young.

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.  If anyone is going to cause Min Young trouble it’s me.  Got it?”

“Neh oppa.”

“Go to class.”

“Arrasso.”

“Gwenchana?”

“I’m fine.”

Your POV

“Let me see.” He said turning my face to see my cheek.

“I said I was fine.”  I said turning my face away from him.  I was slightly irritated by his sudden urge to protect me.  Where did he get the idea he could just be mean to me and then care.  That wasn’t how it worked.

“I’ll be back.”  He said.  Even though I was irritated by him, I was happy it was him who stepped in but sad that he left me alone.

When he came back he had a bag of ice.

“Here, put this on your cheek.”  He said handing me the bad of ice.

“Gomawo.”  I said still looking towards the front of the class.  We didn’t speak until the end of first period.

“I saw you yesterday.”  I said regretting it.

“Where?”  He said worry tinting his voice.

“At the gates.  You rubbed the top of your hand then dis…”  He had placed his hand over my mouth.

“Meet me at the gates after school.  Got it?”  He whispered.

I nodded my head and started my work for second period.