Chapter 40.

The Florist.
{Edit}
 
You & me || Nothing more
 
She was finally waking up.
She was trying her best to wake up.
 
As the three guys got into the hospital and began walking to Nana's ward, they saw a few nurses and doctors running passed them towards a specific ward. At first they were surprised with the number of people running, Woohyun couldn't even stop one to ask what was going on. But as they slowly turned a corner, dread filled their bodies as they realized it was Nana's ward the nurses and doctors were rushing into.
 
Sungyeol's heart dropped as he ran towards Nana. He was naturally stopped by the nurse who told him he wasn't allowed in until the doctor was done with his examination. Sungyeol didn't even care what the nurse was saying and was close to pushing her aide when Sunggyu held him back, pulling him away from the ward first.
 
"Control yourself! Just relax, we're in a hospital. Let Woohyun see what's going on."
"B-But hyung, I need to know what's wrong too!"
"I know, but you barging in isn't helping with anything. Just wait."
 
That moment, the Dean had appeared and nodded his head in greeting to the guys. He gestured for Woohyun to follow him and the two of them went in as the nurse that stopped them blocked Sungyeol from entering after the doctors went in. At that moment, Sungyeol wished he had taken up Medicine instead of Business, just so he could enter the room as well. He sat down on the seat outside the ward and tried his best to stay calm.
 
But he fidgeted, crossed and uncrossed his legs for five times each in just that ten minutes that the doctors were inside. He stood up and walked, and then chose to sit down since he was afraid the news about Nana would be a huge blow to him, whether good or bad. He sighed endlessly and growned with every minute that had passed.
 
Sunggyu was going crazy because of Sunggyu's whining and sounds.
He just hoped Woohyun and the Dean comes out earlier so that they could take Sungyeol away.
 
Or more like, let the poor kid get to his love as soon as possible.
 
For that ten minutes, Sunggyu felt like hell as well. Since none of them knew what was going on outside. He had never been so happy to see Woohyun or the Dean in his life when they finally exited the ward. Sungyeol was up to them in a heartbeat and asking endless questions about what happened to Nana. The Dean smiled before telling Woohyun he was needed in an operation room now, and left.
 
"How is she hyung, don't keep it from me!"
"Just relax Yeollie, and stop holding my arm this tightly, there's no blood circulatio-"
"Hyung!"
"Nana's showing some form of reaction which was why her heart hate was accelerating like crazy. The nurse who was taking care of her saw that Nana's eyeballs were moving under her eyelid and she quickly called the doctors."
 
Sungyeol was confused.
And then?
 
"Do you understand what I'm saying Yeollie?"
"No.. What are you trying to say?"
"Oh gosh how can you be so slow at this moment yet so sharp every day!"
"Sorry.. Just tell me what's happening!"
 
Woohyun turned to their oldest brother who was already smiling and covering his mouth at the wonderful news.
The Doctor guessed Sunggyu managed to get what was happening."
 
"What's happening!"
"Nana's waking up!"
 
Sungyeol froze.
 
"W-What, you mean she's awake now?"
"Yes. And she's waiting for you."
 
To Sunggyu's and Woohyun's surprise, Sungyeol didn't bolt in the minute he heard that Nana was waking up. Instead, he moved back a few steps and slapped himself hard on the face. They had a shock and asked what the hell was Sungyeol doing. Sungyeol winced at the pain and rubbed his cheeks before looking at his brothers.
 
"You swear this isn't a lie?"
"I swear, now hurry up!"
 
The other doctors and nurses were exiting the room now with big and bright smiles on their face. They were beaming in delight at Sungyeol and bowed. One of the doctors told Sungyeol that the reason why Nana's heart rate had accelerated that quickly was because she was trying to open her eyes and felt anxious and scared that she couldn't. It was a normal reaction and that he shouldn't worry.
 
Sungyeol didn't even hear the part where the doctor said it was a normal reaction.
He all but flew into the room towards Nana.
 
He remembered the first time he had opened his eyes to the blind world. There was nothing he could see and had felt so angry and scared and confusing. He understood the process and knew Nana must be worried and unsure at the moment. He was going to help her. However, he remembered that Nana had laid on the bed for more than a year and was therefore, too stiff and sore. She needed to move more as well. It might be slightly painful, but it wouldn't hurt too much. Sungyeol was taking down notes in his head as he walked very slowly into Nana's bed.
 
On the outside, the doctor wasn't the slight bit offended when Sungyeol ignored him and walked into Nana's ward. He could imagine his excitement. After eighteen months, finally, she had awakened for him. It was so romantic honestly. He was about to tell Sungyeol only fifteen minutes since Nana needed rest. But even he knew that wasn't possible. He knew Sungyeol's character long enough and told the nurses to prepare a bed for Sungyeol so that he could sleep beside Nana tonight.
 
Sunggyu thanked the doctor while Woohyun just smiled. It was a joyful moment that they didn't know how to express. Even though they wished every day for Nana to wake up, they were in a loss when she finally did. It was so surprising and shocking for them that they didn't know how to act. They thought to head back and visit Nana tomorrow instead since Sungyeol was probably going to hog her the entire night.
 
On the way back, they thought about the list of excited people to call, including Nana's parents, Mrs Lee and Baro. Tomorrow was going to be a better day, an exciting day for all of them. And without them knowing, they both let out huge sighs of relief, tears watering in their eyes. It was an emotional night, because after eighteen months of waiting, Nana finally woke up.
 
Sunggyu was taking off the next day and he was going to help Sungyeol call in for his office to do the same. As for the rest of the boys, they'll just have to wait till they come back. Which was most likely a week later. The two others brother smiled as they entered the house that they thought was cold, empty and lonely. It wasn't going to be cold nor lonely anymore. In fact, the house would never be the same again.
 
It was going to be cuter, sweeter, and God-willing, happier.
 

 
Sungyeol was nervous.
He had never felt this nervous before in his entire life till now.
 
He gulped several times with each step he took towards the beautiful lady who was now sitting upright in the bed. She was looking around the room, and Sungyeol remember that action since he did it before as well. She was trying to see if there were any cracks through her blindnes, thinking that there might be something she could see. But of course, it was impossible. He finally reached Nana's bedside and Nana turned towards him since she felt someone beside her. Sungyeol gulped again.
 
The bandage around her eyes and head were gone, and Nana looved every big as lovely as the first time he had saw her.
The only difference being she was skinner, so much skinner now.
 
He tried calling her.
And groaned inwardly when his voice croaked like frog.
 
"N-Nana."
"Sungyeol..? Yeollie is that you?"
 
Hearing her voice, it was as if she was never asleep for that long.
 
"Yes. Nana I'm here."
"Really? Lee Sungyeol?"
"Yes, one and only. How are you?"
 
It was those kind of polite yet awkward conversation that they were having, yet hated it so much. Sungyeol slowly sat down on Nana's bed, choosing to sit directly and closer to her than on the chair beside her. His hands went up to cup her face and her hands went up to touch his face. She smiled as she visualized every part of his handsome face according to the feeling on her fingertips.
 
He was beautiful, just like she remembered.
She was beautiful, just the way she always was.
 
But to Sungyeol's horror, Nana looked away and tried to cry.
 
He remembered that action all too clearly since he had done so, so many times. There wasn't any tears coming out from her eyes, but she was sobbing as if it did. Her cries, her whines, every hurtful sound that came out of Nana's mouth was hurting him. And he didn't know why. He began panicking, again, since he didn't know what to do. All guys hates it when girls cried. It was like they had instantly became a statue.
 
"What's wrong? Why are you crying Nana?"
"Yeollie can I h-hug you, please?"
"Of course, of course! I'll love to hug you as well!"
 
And very gently, Sungyeol carried Nana towards him and onto his lap like before. She immediately wrapped her thin and weak arms around his waist and inahled his natural scent. She pressed her face against his chest and exhaled cutely like a baby. She was in complete bliss to be in Sungyeol's embrace again. It had been so long truthfully. For so long, she had tried waking up because she heard everything he and everyone else had said when she was asleep. She wanted to wake up so badly but her body was so tired and she fell in a deep deep slumber.
 
Sungyeol slowly hugged his arms around Nana's tiny waist. The feeling of having her in that same position was so overwhelming for him that he actually cried. And when  Nana felt those tears, she kissed them away. She had been dreaming of kissing him ever since she woke up but didn't how to begin. Sungyeol was just letting her kiss his cheeks and wipe away his tears. They didn't need to ask what was wrong, because they both knew what the other was thinking about.
 
"I miss you Yeol. I miss you so much."
"No.. I miss you more."
"No way! When I was sleeping, I dreamt about you. So me more!"
"I came to see you everyday at break and after work. I miss you more baby."
 
The word baby sent some shivers down Nana's spine and she blushed. Sungyeol caught that faint blush and smiled happily. Even after sleeping for that long or disappearing from him for so long, she was still that innocent girl that he love so much. He slowly lifted Nana's face up as he started kissing her forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and finally lips. The fireworks were exploding in their bodies again and Nana happily responded to the kiss. He didn't want to rush nor scare her, which was he took it slow.
 
Nana was letting out small moans just like before and it was like music to Sungyeol's ear. He knew she was unaware of it, but it was hard to ignore it. He cupped her face with both of his hands and kissed her deeply, her moans louder. He had to pull back after a while since it would be wrong to think so indecently of her at such a place. A hospital no less.
 
It was time they took a breather from all their kissing anyway.
But Nana had other plans.
 
The feeling of kissing was amazing to her that she wanted more. It was difficult for her, but she managed to kneel on the bed in front of Sungyeol slowly. She had to use her hands to find his face and lips. Sungyeol wondered what Nana was doing at first, but he caught on when she suddenly pressed her lips onto his. She then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him hard. It was shattering for Sungyeol, because she was so giving and loving that it made his resistance weak.
 
Suddenly, Nana parted her lips and timidly Sungyeol's lips with her tongue. He pulled away immediately, looking at Nana in extreme suprise. She started pouting when he pulled away and looked down while Sungyeol covered one of his hands with his mouth. If only Nana could see, she would know how red he was right now. So red that he was burning up.
 
Thankfully, the nurse chose to enter that moment and told Sungyeol he shouldn't be sitting on the patient's bed. Sungyeol willingly got up and apologized to the nurse over and over again. Nana began getting sad. Sungyeol pulled the spare bed in and closed the door for the nurse. He just needed to get away from Nana for a while, because his body was reacting and it wasn't good.
 
He got back when he heard Nana whimpering.
She was trying to cry again.
 
Sungyeol immediately rushed forward and asked her what was wrong.
 
"Do you dislike me Yeol?"
"What? Of course not!"
"I know I'm blind, and I know you deserve someone much better-"
"What are you talking about!"
"-than I am. I know you're angry that I did this, but I want you to see again and even though I can't right now, I wish you happiness."
"Stop Nana, just stop. Stop and tell me what on earth you're talking about."
 
Nana looked up into the blackness.
 
"You're rejecting me. You're rejecting me because I'm blind right?"
"No! No I'm not!"
"But you pulled away when I tried-"
"Baby, if you really slip your tongue into my mouth, do you know what would happen?"
 
She shook her head.
She was really innocent.
 
Even the kiss and tongue was based just on instincts and feeling. She didn't know why she did it, but she wanted to do it. And to prove his point, he walked quickly to Nana and sat down in front of her. He began kissing her again, deeper and more passionate than before. Nana was enjoying the sudden kiss when Sungyeol slipped his tongue into . She moaned louder, thoroughly enjoying the kiss they were having. Very slowly, Sungyeol began pushing Nana down towards the bed.
 
His hand behind her back so she could move slower. Even in his hazy and dreamy mind, he still remembered to be careful with Nana. Nana felt her back touching the hospital bed and adjusted herself below Sungyeol, never once breaking their kiss. Sungyeol broke off the kiss and panted hard as he saw how swollen and red Nana's lips were. She was breathing hard as well because her heart had been jumping around irregularly when Sungyeol used his tongue. She gulped before feeling Sungyeol interlocking their fingers together and pressing her hands on the bed, beside her face.
 
"Do you know how you look now?"
 
She shook her head.
Not understanding what Sungyeol was trying to tell her.
 
"You look so sweet and defenseless. And it reminds me of the day, three days before my operation."
"W-What about that day?"
"If you had kissed me like that earlier on, I might have do what I wasn't able to finish that day to you."
"Y-You would?"
"Yes. But it isn't right. You just woke up and you need rest. Which is why I'm holding it back."
"I'm sorry Yeol. I should have been more careful and sensitive."
 
Sungyeol chuckled lightly before nuzzling Nana's neck. She giggled adorably at the ticklish feeling and hit Sungyeol's shoulder later. It was a very sweet moment for them both. The handsome and capable boyfriend & the sweet yet blind girlfriend. Nana wrapped her arms around Sungyeol's neck and asked him to pull her up. She was sick of laying on the hospital bed since she had been doing so for the past one and a half years. She was extremely shocked when she heard Woohyun said she was asleep for so long.
 
As Sungyeol settled Nana on his thighs again, he pressed another kiss to her cheek and asked if she was feeling fine.
 
"I'm fine, don't worry Yeol. It just hurts slightly when I move, but it'll be gone soon."
"You sure? You should rest more!"
"But if I keep resting, the sore and stiffness won't go, so I have to move more."
"Aigoo why is my girl so michevious?"
"Because her boy is a choding so she has to match up."
 
Sungyeol chuckled loudly this time, and hugged Nana like how a little girl would hug her previous bunny soft toy.
Yet strangely, Nana become serious all of a sudden.
 
"Are you angry with me Yeollie?"
"Huh, why should I be?"
"My eyesight, I gave them to you.."
"Oh that. Yea I'm angry, I'm furious in fact!"
 
Nana cringed slightly in fear and hugged Sungyeol tightly so he wouldn't leave her.
 
"I wanted you to be happier. I wanted you to see the difference we have in this world. I wanted you to not live in your black and white world because Sunjong wouldn't like it. I wanted you to see how happy we all are, how much we love you, and how much more you can be. I wanted you to live happily, even if I have to leave. I-I shouldn't be beside you Yeol, you're perfect now. But I'm not. And I'll understand if you wish to leave me. I'm really okay with it and I won't have any regrets. I-"
 
Sungyeol had pressed his forefinger on Nana's lips to stop her from speaking.
 
"Listen to me, even though you can't see my face, listen to me clearly."
"O-Okay."
 
He pressed another kiss to her temple before speaking.
 
"I was never happy. As much as you wanted me to be happy because you gave me your eyesight, I was never happy and in fact, I was sad. I was like a mad man. Because you're the most foolish girl I've ever met, yet the kindest and the most special one. How could you think of giving me your eyesight, would making me see but you not make me any happy? It won't, it never did, and it never will."
 
Why Nana was kissing his neck now, Sungyeol would never know.
But he enjoyed it, which was why he allowed her to do as she please.
He just made sure she was listening.
 
"I was a mad man, they said I was living a life like a zombie, I was working so hard because I wanted you to live a easier and happier life when you wake up. I'll work hard you and even harder from now on because I love you. Being able to see you, hear your voice, feel you hugging me and kissing my neck now, it's more than enough to make me the happiest man on earth. I can't return your eyesight now, but I will make you the happiest girl."
 
Sungyeol purposely moved his head away from Nana before pressing his lips against her ear.
She shivered easily and moaned once too because of the electrifying feeling.
 
"Stay with me Nana, be my girlfriend and my future wife, I'll love you like no one has ever had. I want to be responsible for anything and everything that happens to you. I want to be the first person other than your parents that someone would call when you need help. I want to love you so much more than I already am. Stay with me, say yes please. Because I can't bear it if you say no, and I won't leave as well. Just so you know. I love you Jung Nana."
 
He kissed her ear once more before nuzzling her neck.
It was sneaky of him, but he wanted to make Nana slightly light-headed that she would yes to everything he asked.
 
He began kissing her neck like how she had done to him before on a particular spot.
It was a non-given permission to mark her since she hadn't say yes yet, but Sungyeol didn't care.
 
He must have her.
 
"Please, don't make me wait so long, if you don't say yes I'm walking away!"
"But.. But I'm blind, I'm-"
"Don't you want me, you don't want me anymore?!"
"No no that's not what I meant! I mean- Oh nevermind. Yes Yes Yes, I'll love to be your girlfriend and your future wife!"
"R-Really?"
"Just make sure you better not be looking at other girls. Gosh I can't believe it."
 
But Sungyeol was already hugging Nana and kissing her deeply, at the side of her ear, he whispered sweet nothings to her. He would never forget the joy he was feeling right now when she said yes and that she was finally his. He kissed her all night and told her he had marked her on the neck. Nana pouted at the mark but Sungyeol solved it by covering it with a plaster. It didn't suit Sungyeol well when he covered his mark on her.
 
"Nana, can I make another mark on you when you discharge?"
"W-Why, I thought you didn't want your brothers too see the mark which was why we got this plaster?"
"But I don't like it covered up as well, I want to plant more."
"What for?"
"To show that you're mine."
 
Nana pouted and pecked Sungyeol's cheek before whispering to his ear.
 
"Maybe when we're alone and, I'll wear turtleneck shirts?"
"Aww, I love you baby!"
"You so and ertic Yeol, I never knew that."
"Well, now you do. So be prepared!"
 
He then did an adorable dinosaur roar at her so that she would laugh more. They slept sooner than expected since Nana was easily exhausted. She fell asleep quickly, but Sungyeol stayed awake the whole night. For some strange reason, he was afraid to sleep. Because he was scared Nana might leave him again, or that he would wake up and find out it was just a dream. He wouldn't be able to handle the pain then.
 
So all night, he stayed away, and watched Nana sleep.
It was creepy in some ways, yet very sad and loving in another.
 
 
 
{Two Week Later}
 
"Please, Lee Sungyeol, do you mind letting go of Nana now?"
"No, I mind."
"But I want to talk to my bestfriend!"
"Then talk, I'm just here, I won't interupt."
"Seriously, you woke up in the hospital, all shivering and scared that Nana had left, when she was just in the washroom."
"You won't understand Yvonne, have pity for me."
 
Yvonne sighed long and hard, unable to stand Sungyeol's choding and childish behaviour. Ever since they got back from the hospital, all Sungyeol ever does was to hog onto Nana and never let go. He was always around her, always beside her, always driving her up the wall and Yvonne had no idea how Nana was able to hear all these happen and not do anything.
 
"Nana do something! Don't you want to talk to me?"
"I do. But Sungyeol is a very stubborn man."
"That I know. Gosh this is driving me crazy."
"Then go speak to your boyfriend, he's writing in that diary of his because he's lonely."
 
From the other side of the room, Myungsoo banged the table and screamed cutely and annoyingly at Sungyeol, who called his book a diary. It was just the Death Book that he bought when he went to Japan, but Sungyeol just had to make fun of him in such a way. It was really getting on his nerves. Didn't he realize the reason why Yvonne was paying attention to him was because she was trying to get Nana away from Sungyeol?
 
"It's not a diary, I saw it before!"
"Right right, whatever it is."
"It's just something I'm writing in since Nana's back and everyone's attention is on her."
"See, I told you he's lonely, go bother him instead of bugging us Von."
 
Yvonne felt offended for both herself, and Myungsoo.
 
"What do you mean by bugging, you're the one who's been hogging onto Nana since I got back from Australia! And now, you're even sleeping in my bed with her. Don't you know you're not allowed to?! I came home one week ago and found all my belongings downstairs in your room, what the hell man, you're moving up without telling me? What would Nana's parents do if they knew huuuuh?"
 
Sungyeol scowled, hating Yvonne for pulling the parent card on him.
So he tried changing the subject.
 
"Why are you even whining? Your room is now opposite Myungsoo's, shouldn't you be happy? Or if you want, you can just change rooms with Hoya and Dongwoo since their side by side bed looks really cute. You and Myungsoo can sleep in the same room then, that's neater right? You won't have to walk into Myungsoo's room to sleep with him in the end."
 
"What?!"
 
The whole house shook at that loud reply; Yvonne's and Myungsoo's response were the loudest.
The other guys just looked shocked beyond works.
 
"You're not supposed to be sleeping together!"
"Now now Woohyunnie hyung, relax relax! I didn't sleep with Yvonne!"
"I had to save Nana from Sungyeol that time, I can't be saving both of them all the time!"
"We didn't sleep together!I didn't do anything to Yvonne!"
 
They were shouting answers back at one another while Sungyeol smiled widely and played with Nana's hair. She was nudging him to do something but Sungyeol refused to interfere. The blame would be pushed back to him and he didn't want that. When Yvonne screamed his name again, Sungyeol finally did something.
 
"For goodness sake, stop screaming Yvonne, I'm right beside of you. I didn't see anything, they were just sleeping side by side. Before I make this worse Yvonne, let's just settle this as it is. I'm living upstairs, don't bring out Nana's parents to press me."
 
Yvonne scoffed loudly before getting up and walking away.
She was sick and tired of Sungyeol's attitude and her anger just erupted.
 
When Myungsoo tried to hold her back, she forcefully flung his hands away and head into Sungyeol's old room before slamming the door shut. She was tired of arguing and saying the same old thing for the whole of one week. When she came back from Australia, she had been so happy Nana had awakened. But with Sungyeol around, she felt as if Nana was still sleeping and that she was talking to air again. Sungyeol, enough was enough. And she could only accept that much anger in her.
 
Myungsoo went to find her, but he realized Yvonne had locked her door and refused to see anyone. Nana felt horrible inside and stood up and pushed Sungyeol away. The taller man had a shock and asked Nana what she was doing. But she ignored him, and spoke to the person beside him.
 
"Hoya, could you bring me to Yvonne?"
"Sure. It'll be nice to get away from Sungyeol once in a while I guess."
"I rather stay away from him forever."
 
Sungyeol's heart winced at the harsh words and asked what did he do wrong.
 
"What do you mean?"
"Don't bully Yvonne. She's my best friend."
"But I'm your boyfriend!"
"Good, at least you know, so don't make me choose."
 
She held onto Hoya's arm after and the muscular man brought Nana towards Yvonne and even helped her knocked the door. Nana called out to Yvonne herself and the door immediately flung opened. The first thing Yvonne did was to hug her best friend tightly. She hadn't had the chance to even hug her since Sungyeol was always finding excuses to be with Nana.
 
"Annyeong woman."
"You silly woman! We need to talk."
"Sorry Yeollie was being mean."
"Ugh, please don't apologize for him."
"Fair enough. Let's talk!"
 
Yvonne then helped Nana into the room and shut the door at Hoya's face. The idol felt hurt that the girls had treated him as an invisible man. He was about to head back dejectedly when Nana slowly opened the door and bowed at him. She wasn't looking straight at him since she couldn't. But her cute bow and sweet thank you made Hoya's day. He was literally skipping back towards the guys.
 
"How are they?"
"They're fine, Yvonne was elated."
"Finally, the two of them could talk to one another without Sungyeol around them."
"Hey hey hey I heard that!"
 
Hoya rolled his eyes when Sungyeol cut into his and Woohyun's conversation.
 
"You should've just let them talk. What was so difficult Yeol?"
"I just don't want her out of my vision."
"But you can't restrict her! She'll dislike you like that."
"She would?"
"Yes! Do you even remember what you told Nana's parents when we went to see them?"
 
Sungyeol didn't forget of course. He had gone on his knees again to ask Nana's parents to give him and Nana their blessing. Saying he would protect and love her like no other for the rest of his life. They had no doubts that Sungyeol would do as he said, but they missed their baby girl and didn't want her to live in Sunggyu's house just yet. But the tallest man was stubborn to a fault and actually told them that Nana was living with him and the rest no matter what. A glaring competition began and neither the father nor the boyfriend backed back.
 
Nana's mother was laughing and gave her agreement. Her husband whined to her while she said he did the same thing to her in the past so it was payback for him. He gave in eventually, though very reluctantly and told Sungyeol to take care of his precious girl. He told her to let her have her way and never suffocate her with his love. It was a good and wise advice since Sungyeol loved Nana, maybe a tad too much.
 
After that, to Sunggyu and the rest, he told them to come over for dinner every week so that he could see them and Nana. They nodded eagerly and said they would love to come over. Sunggyu was the happiest of all and smiled everytime he came over. Sungyeol thought back of that day and nodded sadly to Hoya. He had suffocated Nana just like her father had told him he would. But he couldn't help the nervousness that was inside of him.
 
And who could blame him?
 
He got blind.
She went missing for four years.
She came.
He got back his eyesight.
But she slept for one and a half year.
 
But that wasn't the only problem on his mind right now. Other that being afraid that Nana might suddenly disappear, Sungyeol was also afraid of Hoya who was always kind and sweet to his girlfriend. It was an unwritten brother rule that they should not attack another brother's girl, but it was hard in Hoya's case, or Sungyeol thought so. Becaue to Hoya, he managed to put down his feelings for Nana and let Sungyeol get the girl.
 
He couldn't completely get over her yet, but he didn't mind looking at her from afar. At least she was awake and smiling to him, it was more than important. Yet he knew Sungyeol was afraid of him, and couldn't help roll his eyes at the stupid and stubborn. Couldn't he see how much Nana loves him, all those worries in him shouldn't even exist.
 
But then again, who could blame him for being worried?
 
 
 
Nana, although blind, acted as if she wasn't blind at all. She was helpful to everyone and even though she was slow, she still help do some chores for everyone. She disliked it a lot when Sungyeol treated her like a Queen, like she might fall down and break any minute. She managed to look directly at the person when talking as well, though mostly by luck, but she soon got used to it.
 
She shocked everyone when she told him she'd practiced being blind when she was in UK, thinking it was better to get ready.
Sungyeol almost cried.
In fact, everyone almost cried because of her.
 
A night after month she had been discharged from the hospital, Nana gathered everyone in her living room upstairs. She said it was so comfortable that it was hers and didn't care what everyone else said. Sunggyu couldn't be happier that she liked the room so much. He literally gave the upstairs floor to Nana and Sungyeol. He was always so generous when he was happy.
 
When they were all nicely seated, Nana chose to sit down on Sungyeol's lap. There wasn't much space to be honest, and she prefered Sungyeol's skinny legs for some strange reason. She began by telling them that even though she was blind, she didn't blame on being useless, and shot a glare at Sungyeol before continuing. She had originally studied Business, but changed to Medicine because of Sungyeol. When asked what she wanted to do then, she said she found another interest when she was in UK.
 
She was going to be a writer. She thought it was easy, but no job was really easy when you're blind. But she said she found her inspiration when she was in UK, reading a book called The Stranger by Albert Camus.
And I, too, felt ready to start life all over again. It was as if that great rush of anger had washed me clean, emptied me of hope, and, gazing up at the dark sky spandled with its signs and stairs, for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe. To feel it so like myself, indeed, so brotherly, made me realize that I'd been happy, and that I was happy still. For all to be accomplished, for me to feel less lonely.
"It was somthing that set and changed my thinking. I had already planned to change my life the minute I reached Seoul. Therefore now, I'm living a new life, having been asleep for eighteen long months, I felt newly born and ready to take on the world. I know it's not going to be wasy for me, but I want to try, I need to try, because writing gives me enjoyment and I love doing it. And if I have the strength to give something so important for the person I love, I believe I have enough strength and courage left to chase after what I want."
 
"Without a doubt, you are right."
 
Nana smiled at Sunggyu. He was someone she looks up to and respect most since he was always wise and most of the time rational. Getting a encourage compliment from him was always nice. She felt that she had made the right decision and thanked him before resting herself on Sungyeol's chest. She had been so nervous to tell them the news that she was easily tired again. Everyone saw how happy the couple was, it was hard not to smile at them.
 
"Nanaaaa."
"Yes Yvonne?"
"When are you getting married?"
"Eh? Married?"
 
Sungyeol smiled widely at the thought while Nana just blushed and looked away.
Yvonne wasn't done yet.
 
"The way you're laying so comfortably on Sungyeol's chest make you two looked as if you're married. When's the wedding because I want to be the bridesmaid, or better yet, the maid of honor. Aww don't be shy"
 
Everyone saw Nana blushing even redder.
 
It was weird that they were seperated when Sungyeol went blind.
It was weird because they hadn't contacted one another for four years.
It was werid if they were getting married just one month after Nana woke up.
It was just too weird.
 
Sungyeol had never thought about marriage truthfully. To him, having Nana in his arms was more than enough for him, now. He didn't need anything more or extra. Marriage was just a name and a piece of paper. But he wanted to know what Nana was thinking, about marriage.
 
"I don't mind. But maybe this is too rush for her? Maybe she wants to finish her dream first and write. We don't have to rush these kind of things since she knows I'll always be here waiting for her. Nana can take as long as she wants, I don't mind."
 
Yvonne and Myungsoo scoffed.
 
"You're saying this now, but we'll see in the future."
"He is so going to regret his words."
 
But Sungyeol shushed them up and asked Nana what was her thoughts on this topic.
She looked deep in thoughts to be honest.
 
"Maybe after my first novel and if it gets published? I want to be accomplished like Yeollie to match him. Now that he's a designer, model and manager, I needed to make sure I am worthy enough to stand beside him. I know he doesn't mind all these, but I do. And I hope he and everyone can understand how I'm feeling. But let's not let the atmosphere drop. From the way i see it, Yvonne and Myungsoo should get married first since you guys were together longer."
 
It was now Myungsoo's and Yvonne's turn to blush. They started making all sorts of objections with Nana one sentence that everyone wanted to tease them. As Nana listened to the others speak, she looked into her own darkness and imagined how everything would look like. And in the corner of her imagination, there was always someone standing there, watching out for all of them.
 
Sungjong would always be there, looking as gorgeous and happy as she had remembered.
 
 
Sungjong, how are you now? Is Heaven really bright with lots of light and beautiful things. I'm sure you found your Appa and Omma now. Your Sungyeol hyung is right here beside me and acting like a choding again. He really misses and some nights, I would wake up and here him calling your nme. We're happy now, but our lives isn't complete without you. I miss you, even though I've never met you. I love you too, because I know you're just like how Sungyeol describes you - Beautiful.
 
And beautiful, is something you'll always be. Thank you for watching over us, in our times of need and worries, we couldn't be more grateful. But I just wish I could see you, even just in my darkness would be great. Please? Thank you Sungjong, someday, we'll meet, and I'll wait for that day.
 
 
 
P/s: Hi everyone! I hope you've enjoyed another draggy chapter of mine. I just wanted to credit tippytoess for allowing me to enjoy such a wonderful and inspiring quote from the book - The Stranger. I encouraged anyone reading this to go read it. It is mind-changing. Also, I wanted to announce that I'm going to end this story in two more chapters. I realized i've been dragging it out too long because I couldn't bear to end the story. Unless I do a squeal for each of the boys. But they're really old if I start from their current age. (Sunggyu's like 30 now in the story). So yeah. Hope everyone could enjoy, comment and subscribe more often.
 
Till then, xoxo.
 
 
{Edit} Finally, and I added three thousand more words. Hehehe, hope you readers don't mind. Countdown: 7 days! Can't wait to end the editing! :)