Chapter 3.

The Florist.
{Edit}
 
 
"Find his weakness, I want to break him."
 
Sungjong sat on the floor for a long time.
 
After Sungyeol left, he still couldn't accept that not only was his brother was in a gang, he had also left him alone at home crying. This had never happened before. Sungjong sobbed with his head on this knees that were ninety degrees bent. After twenty minutes, Sungjong stand up and walked towards his room. He did not wash up nor did he eat his dinner like how his brother had asked him to. All he did was to sit on his bed and looked up into the night sky, worrying till morning about his brother that was putting his life out there for him.
 
Sungjong couldn't sleep. It was too scary; he was afraid that he might wake up and not be able to see Sungyeol anymore. The fear in the night prevented him from sleeping or doing any homework that his best friend had reminded him of. Every part of his body was just too tensed, anxious and messed up. It was self-torturing, playing mind games with himself when all the worst case senario images came to his mind. It was going to be a very long night for Sungjong.
 

 
Sungyeol had reached the arena late by ten minutes. His Boss was furious and had slapped him hard the moment he arrived, shocking his fellow members at the same time. They felt angry and fear that their boss was so demanding even though Sungyeol was risking his life for the gang and money. Was it not enough that Sungyeol was here? Why must their Boss still treat him in such a manner. Everyone knew it was wrong, but they knew there was nothing to be done to change it.
 
The Boss was their leader, and it's impossible to go against him. Sungyeol was immuned to the Boss's beating. In fact, he was unafraid of it ever since he was thirteen. The day he first day that he stepped into Boxer.
 
 
(Flashback)
 
Sungyeol had been wandering around the streets  of Seoul, looking for work during the day and sleeping in cardboard boxes in any alley way he could find at night. One night, he was kicked away by a group of men who claimed that Sungyeol was sleeping in their territory and had to be punished. Sungyeol see no reason why he had to be beaten up just like that without a reasonable reason and so, started fighting back.
 
Sungyeol, surprisingly, was a good fighter. Maybe because his determination to live for Sungyeol was strong and ended up beating all the men except two before fainting due to hunger and fatigue.
 
When he woke up the next morning, he was in a room and there was food beside his bed. He quickly ate up everything and was about to get out of bed when two man came in. One was an old ugly man while the other was pretty young, probably eighteen years old but had a merciless aura. They claimed to be the Boss and First Leader of Boxer, and told Sungyeol that they had picked him up from the street after he fought with his men and fainted. The Boss was impressed with Sungyeol's skill even at such a young age and knew Sungyeol would bring good money for him.
 
Thus, the Boss asked Sungyeol if he wanted to work for him, saying he would be able to earn more money than what he was looking for around the street. Sungyeol could also be stronger, better and faster and would be able to protect his loved ones.
 
Sungyeol thought of Sungjong that was all alone in the orphanage, waiting for him to bring him home, and thought that this would be the fastest way he could see his brother. He knew that this line would be doing a lot of bad things and hurt a lot of people, but he couldn't care about it anymore, Sungjong was more important. And so, he made a deal with the Boss.
 
"I'll join your gang. However, I need you to gurantee that I would be able to earn one million won during these three years years. I need to pick up my brother from the orphanage soon. I would repay you somehow. I need that money at the end of three years and I need a place to live till three years. I also want you to take care of my brother no matter what happens to him."
 
The Boss was offended, who did this kid think he was. Just because his skills were better than others that didn't mean he could climb over everyone else. The Boss did not care about Sungyeol's brother, why should he? But he forced a smile on his face and told Sungyeol he would agree with Sungyeol's condition if he wins fights for him. Sungyeol nodded his head and they shook on it. The Boss smirked as he walked out, thinking about how he would agree on that little boy's words.
 
It was just for show, he had no thought of helping someone who was just a chess piece, but he could now use Sungyeol any way he wanted to. The First Leader sighed and thought about how the deal the Boss and Sungyeol made felt like an angel had made a deal with the devil. The Boss was the devil of course.
 
From that day onwards, Sungyeol was forced to go through tough and tedious exercises and trainings. Exercises to strengthen his muscles, trainings to strengthen his mind. He might look fragile, but the man was strong as a bull. The trainings also included lessons like, shooting, combat and sparring. Sungyeol never gave up, even as a kid, he had received a lot of admiration from members who were bigger and stronger than him. It was a heck of a thing to see someone so young who was supposed to be in school with his friends smiling, in a dark room, sparring someone twice his size and shooting targets to perfect his skill.
 
Sungyeol went for fights in an arena, went for gang fights on the streets that involved guns and daggers of such. But he never backs down until he gets the job done. The Boss was more than pleased that he had finally found someone worthy and had him promoted to the Second Leader when he was fifteen, the same day he went to fetch Sungjong, and his life continued until the very date. He honoured the promise he made with his Boss that he would keep his brother safe no matter what.
 
Back at the arena, Sungyeol was about to step into the cage ring when he started thinking about why he was doing this. Bullying. Fighting. Hurting. Killing. He knew it was wrong, but he could not turn back after that handshake with his Boss.
 
"I would do anything for Sungjong"
 
He muttered to himself before entering the ring with an opponent who was twice his size and muscles the size of his head. One headlock and Sungyeol would suffocate. But although Sungyeol might not have the strength like his opponent, he had speed faster than anyone he has ever fought with. Therefore, with a fire determination and a look that could have kill, he swiftly began the battle and it wasn't long before he had the opponent's head under this leg.
 
When his opponent looked into Sungyeol's eyes, he shivered in pure fear. Sungyeol was smiling at his opponent but his eyes were locked on to his opponent like a prey. A piercing stare later, the fight was over. Sungyeol had suffered minimum damage with only two blows in his chest and a kick to his leg. He walked out of the cage, dusting his jacket and went to collect his prize before splitting it with his Boss and leaving the arena with his group for their usual night activities.
 
Unknowing to him, there was another gang staring at Sungyeol with hatred in their eyes. They had been losing to Boxer because of him and was sick and tired of it.
 
"Find his weakness, I want to break him."
 

 
When Sungyeol came home the next morning, he was worried for Sungjong. Had he eaten breakfast and was he preparing to go to school yet? When he entered home, Sungyeol noticed that the food had not been touched at all. Was Sungjong alright? He wondered. Sungyeol knocked on the door and went into Sungjong's room, he saw him sitting on his bed, not moving, just staring blankly outside the window.
 
"Sungjong ah.."
 
Sungjong stiffened upon hearing his brother's voice. He was so worried the whole night that it was tiring for him to even move. But now, hearing Sungyeol's voice, he knew his brother had made it safely home, he can finally relax his body and mind.
 
"Sungjong ah, it's time to eat breakfast and get ready to go school."
 
Slowly, taking a lot of his efforts, Sungjong got up from bed and walked towards to the corridor bathroom. On the way, he passed by his brother to get the bathroom and stepped inside with heavy steps and closed the door. Sungyeol's head turned back as his brother walked pass him. Usually, Sungjong did not want to walk up unless his brother personally pulled him up and hugged him. But today, there's no hug, no smile, no nothing. When he saw his brother's face, Sungyeol could not help but sigh in disappointment. 
 
'Why can't Sungjong looked at things through my eyes. We have nothing in our lives, we don't have our parents, we don't have a family, nor do we have any money or a home. Why can't all the things I'd done be enough for him. I know I'm wrong to lie to him but it was I could find that moment. But even so, Sungjong is my life, I can't leave him in so much pain. I need him. I'm sorry Sungjong."
 
After standing outside the bathroom for five minutes, Sungyeol decided against telling Sungjong anything and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and Sungjong's lunchbox. He made Sungjong's favourite ham and cheese sandwich and packed rice, chicken bulgogi, kimchi and japchae on the sides. He packed it nicely and waited for Sungjong who was taking an awfully long time in the bathroom that made Sungyeol worried. 
 
"Sungjong-ah, it's almost eight, if you don't leave now you're gonna be late for school!"
 
Sungjong slowly came out of the bathroom, wore his uniform, took his school bag on the floor and walked towards their house door to wear this shoes.
 
"Yah Lee Sungjong! Aren't you gonna eat first, I made breakfast for you, it's your favourite!"
"I'm not hungry."
"W-Wh-What? But you haven't ate anything since last night. Eh-m, then take your lunch box and eat it during break time. Her-e."
 
Sungyeol ran towards his brother who was exiting the house to pass him the lunchbox, but Sungjong did not even looked back.
 
"No need, I can buy something in the school's cafeteria."
 
Without saying goodbye, Sungjong left and started walking quickly to school. Sungyeol was in a dazed when his brother practically ignored him. He ran towards the balconey window and looked down at Sungjong who was now jogging his way to school. Sungyeol dropped the lunchbox in his hands and punched the wall beside him many times. He knew inside Sungjong would never forgive if he didn't quit the gang. But such things were easier said than done. Sungyeol had no other ways to turn to.
 
 
"Sungjong-ah, I'm sorry. Please forgive me..."
 
 
{Edit} I realized my first three chapters are really short. Compared to the other chapters in the future, I realized all my first few chapters are like really short. And strangely, my editing makes it slightly shorter than it ready was. I really bull-ed a lot of extra words last time. Ah also, I know I said the edited version could only be seen when there's an {Edit} on the top of the chapter as well, but there are some times I needed to leave right away and couldn't update finish, so please look forward for the {Edit} at the bottom of the page as well. Thanks for understanding. Till the next update, xoxo buttercups. (Yes I'm a Powerpuff Girls fan.)