Chapter 22.

The Florist.
{Edit}
 
 
He was so afraid that he didn't want to see him.
L was.
Too scared of Sunggyu right now.
 
The two had woke up around three in the afternoon and had went around checking on the others. Woohyun and Dongwoo were asleep, Woohyun with a bandage roll in his hands still that made L and Sungyeol smiled. Dongwoo looked slightly better than a few hours before. Slightly. Hoya however, was groaning in pain every time he tried turning, there was no way he wouldn't get hurt.
 
If he faced down, his lips and eyes would hurt.
If he faced up, his back would hurt.
 
Sleeping sideways wasn't an option honestly, since his hands were also slightly injured. Sungyeol saw the grimace on Hoya's face and guessed as much about his injuries. He went to the kitchen, and took some ice from the freezer before wrapping it in a towel nad placing it on Hoya's face. It helped, and Hoya felt so much better. At least he was able to sleep face down now. Hoya thanked Sungyeol softly before falling back to sleep instantly.
 
In some ways Woohyun and Sungyeol's healing ways were the same, yet slightly different. After all, a doctor's and fighter's knowledge on healing injuries are pretty much the same, just which was slower, and which was faster. Which was more pain and which wasn't so pain. Sungyeol was more worried for Hoya than Dongwoo. He was a dancer, hurting his back wasn't good for him at all.
 
But at their legs were both fine.
And intact. That was more important.
 
They then walked into Sunggyu's room and found him stirring up. Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly and blinked several times before sitting up. His small eyes then registered Sungyeol and L standing at his doorway. Sungyeol was smiling at him, but L was hiding behind his best friend. He was ready to bolt and call for help if Sunggyu went berserk and out of control suddenly. Sunggyu smiled weakly at L before speaking to Sungyeol.
 
"How bad is it this time?
"The kitchen is completely destroyed."
"The living room?"
"The piano and couch was saved."
"That bad?"
 
Sungyeol chuckled loudly.
 
"It's probably better than before. From what I heard, you'd completely destroyed the house when you realized Sungjong was dead. I wasn't there, but I can already imagine. After what I seen earlier on, it's entirely plausible. At least we still have a roof over our hears and beds to sleep in. Although I am worried about the pumping since the water in the kitchen couldn't stop spraying everywhere. I had to tie a towel around it."
 
Sunggyu looked deep in thought.
But Sungyeol continued on.
 
"We might need to call an electrician and a plumber soon. If not, we're going to have to shower in the jjimjilbang later. But with Hoya's and Dongwoo's condition, I think it's better if they don't move so much, especially Hoya. Do you remember what you did to him?"
 
Sunggyu sighed.
 
"Sadly, vividly."
"I'd bet Woohyun hyung must be scared to hell earlier on."
"He deserves it."
"Maybe he doesn't. And L, stop hiding behind me."
 
L peeked out from behind Sungyeol's tall frame before slowly sliding himself away from Sungyeol's shadow. He puckered his lips slightly before looking at their eldest hyung, and looking away immediately. L was still afraid honestly, and Sunggyu could understand. After what they had witnessed earlier on, it wasn't something one could forget overnight.
 
L was afraid, but not to the extent of being traumatized.
Dongwoo had seen Sunggyu out of control before, so he knew what the latter was capable of.
Hoya was tough and build, mentally and physically thankfully.
 
Sunggyu asked L to sit beside him for a while, and the latter only did so after receiving assurance from Sungyeol himself, who felt sorry and awkward for both Sunggyu and L. And the moment L sat on the bed, Sunggyu hugged the younger man's shoulder and rest L's head on his shoulder.
 
"I'm really sorry for letting you witnessing what had happened earlier on. I lost my temper again, and this was how I was made. It looks and sound scary, but I'll get extremely worked up and agitated. It was like that when Sungjong died, it was like that when Dongwoo's... Nevermind. Hyung's really sorry, please forgive me."
 
L stiffened slightly.
But relaxed soon after.
 
"But you hurt Hoya and Dongwoo hyung. There's so badly injured because of you. And I was almost flinged across and onto the piano."
 
Sunggyu bit his lips.
Seems like he had really made a huge mistake.
 
"I won't do it again. I swear."
"You have to apologize to Hoya and Dongwoo hyung too."
"Of course. That's a definite and given."
"And Woohyun hyung too."
"We'll see."
 
L forgave Sunggyu anyway. It wasn't that bad especially when Sungyeol was beside them the whole time. L knew he was talking like a five year old, but he was really worried for everyone and their safety. Not just the three injured ones in Woohyun's room, but Sungyeol, himself and Sunggyu too. It was not worth smashing the house because of this honestly.
 
"Who called Sungyeol back?"
"Dongwoo hyung."
"Genius. And how's Nam right now?"
"Scared, and maybe guilty?"
 
Sunggyu tilted his head slightly lowered, a gesture to ask how so.
 
"He's really sorry for saying those mean things to you and Sungyeol. He's in his room with Dongwoo hyung and Hoya now, watching over them like a doctor should be. We should really thank him for being a doctor so that he could save us all."
 
Sunggyu knew L was painting a nice picture of Woohyun for him now. But he knew Woohyun better than L knew. Woohyun probably did help Hoya and Dongwoo with their injuries, but he's sleeping now for sure. He left out a slightly loud sigh and looked questionably at L. The latter asked what was wrong while Sungyeol started laughing at the background.
 
"Hyung knows us well. There's no need to be so nice L, he knows everything."
"No I don't know everything Yeol. And I thought you couldn't fight, how did you stop me?"
"I thought you remembered that."
"Just refresh my memory. It's vivid, yet hazy at the same time."
 
Sungyeol pouted before shrugging.
 
"I didn't fight. All I did was a body lock. There wasn't any fighting, just brute strength."
"Why can't you fight Sungyeol, you haven't told us anything yet."
 
Sungyeol cleared his throat before saying it was nothing and changing the topic completely. He asked what did Woohyun do to make Sunggyu so angry. It was really shocking to see the ever-so-calm Sunggyu getting so worked up that he smashed the living room and kitchen. It must be important too he thought. Sunggyu said nothing and told Sungyeol to not ask. When asked why, he said he'll explain everything later on instead.
 
There were more important things to do than stay in bed.
Like fixing the house for one matter.
 
As Sunggyu got out of bed, Hoya walked back the room while holding onto his back. He was heading to the kitchen to get ice when he saw Sunggyu charging at him. Moving back slightly and doing a protecting move to cover himself, he hadn't realized Sunggyu was actually completely fine and aware until the oldest started bawling into his ear.
 
"I'm so sorry Hoya! Please forgive me please please please!"
 
Hoya looked back at the other two standing by the two and asked what was going on. Sungyeol said it was, what it was - Sunggyu was apologizing to him, in his, more extreme ways. Hoya then told him he was fine and that his body could withstand the pain. But he winched slightly when Sunggyu hugged and touched his back. The oldest was close to his knees until Sungyeol pulled him up and said he would personally make sure Hoya's back be fine in three days.
 
Hoya was suddenly more afraid of Sungyeol than Sunggyu
 
Sunggyu then said he would build a mini gym at their storage room instead when he renovates the house again, which was probably now as he took his phone and called someone from the electric company. Sungyeol led Hoya to the living room and told him to lie on the couch while he went to take a bigger towel and ice to put on Hoya's back. The latter sighed in pure bliss and was asleep soon enough again.
 
Sunggyu looked around the house and realized he had really, literally, smashed everything in the kitchen and living room. The kitchen was practically empty other than the shelves hanging on the top. And the floors were really wet. At the side however, Sunggyu saw two bags of things and asked L what it was. The younger told him it was the things that he thought was savable. He said they were supposed to look through but they fell asleep due to fatigue from cleaning up.
 
He apologized.
But Sunggyu assured him there was nothing wrong.
 
"I'll look through it myself later. Although we can just throw and buy everything we need."
 
Sunggyu started calling more people while the other two stood and stared. He then took out his credit card from his wallet and handed it to the two of them, telling them to get whatever that was broken. Hoya woke up and wanted to tag along but his injuried were preventing from doing so. Sungyeol carried the dancer back to his own bed and told Sunggyu to remember to change the ice when it melts. The oldest agreed and Sungyeol told Hoya he would put ointment on his back later on.
 
Hoya said a quick and soft thank you before going back to sleep.
He was suddenly so tired and it bothered him slightly.
 
The tallest two started writing down a list of things to get. They showed the list to Sunggyu and asked if he needed anything more but he said it was fine, he could get the others and furnitures from home-shopping. When asked why they needed to leave if he's going to get home-shopping, Sunggyu just said he needed them to leave the house while some people come fix the place. He also told them to get dinner back for everyone since the kitchen was too impossible right now. After that, they quickly left and got onto Sungyeol's bike.
 
They realized something as they sat on the bike - How were they going to bring everything home, there was more than fifteen things on the list. And then, from inside the house, they heard Sunggyu talking about home delivery so loudly that they worried it might wake the others up. They smiled to themselves before speeding off.
 
With the list in their hands, they really didn't have much time to shop.
So they rushed, and rushed, and rushed even more.
 

 
They returned home after two hours.
With bags of food in their hands.
 
It seems that the things they had gotten were already delivered and Sunggyu had signed and packed everything. The first thing they'd noticed was the living room and they had honestly believed they were in the wrong house until they saw Sunggyu standing in it. Like damn, where were they? The living room looks so different from before. They were also wondering when did they have such a big window in the room, and then it hit them. Sunggyu had drilled a huge role in the wall for the window.
 
And it was all done while they were gone in two hours?!
 
That was unbelievable.
But then, nothing was unbelievable in their house from then, and now on.
 
It felt really bright when the curtians were drawn back. And it was really different as well. Before their current living room, the living room was actually much more childish and fun in a while. It was boring also with the black couch, but it's actually really sophiscated with the emptiness now. The kitchen ware had arrived too. And the two of them began by arranging and washing the plates.
 
The kitchen was very different as well and Sungyeol realized Sunggyu had gotten a counter table instead of a regular table. He must have worried he might throw Hoya onto the table again and split it into two, so this time, he chose a table that couldn't be thrown no matter how strong Sunggyu was. The lights and flooring were different as well and L still couldn't believe everyone was done within two hours when they were gone.
 
The electrician and plumber left around seven and everything was finally done.
 
Sungyeol heated up their dinner which was pig trotters, kimchi and pizzas. L woke Dongwoo and Woohyun up while Sungyeol carried Hoya out. He was worried with Hoya walking even because he knew how painful that back injury could be and it had hurt with every step he took. It was funny honestly, like a giraffe carrying a bear, a very strong giraffee actually.
 
When they'd all gone out to the living room, Dongwoo couldn't believe his eyes and thought his head injury had affected his brain. He begged Woohyun to take a look and calmed down only when Sunggyu said he had renovated the destroyed parts of the house.
 
"I live here?!"
 
That comment made Sunggyu proud honestly and everyone laughed at the genius who still couldn't believe he had actually lived here for the past one year. Hoya said he really liked the change in the house. It was very spacious and bright. He then said they had more space for a dance battle which the Doctor raised an eyebrow that pretty much said if Hoya started dancing now, he's pretty much dead when Woohyun was through with him.
 
Woohyun was extremely quiet, much to the dismay of everyone. Where was their Mi-dearest, and haven't the oldest two kiss and make up yet? It was so annoying and awkward throughout dinenr when Woohyun wasn't talking and not his usual bubbly style. Sunggyu chose to ignore Woohyun whereas Sungyeol acted as if the argument in the afternoon hadn't happened. He kept putting more food on Woohyun's plate and told the Doctor to eat.
 
After everything, L and Sunggyu cleared while Sungyeol wrestled the now, very afraid Hoya onto the floor to apply ointment.
 
"This will only hurt a bit and if you tolerate it for today and tomorrow, I promise your back would be completely healed! It's good and effective and very efficient. Come on man! L could you get Hoya a towel so that he can bite on it?"
 
Hoya's eyes widened and his fear doubled as L got him the towel. He closed his eyes and waited for the impact. The smell of the medical ointment was now making his mind blurry since he couldn't stand the smell. It was making him more nervous as well. He braced himself. He braced himself for the deadilest pain in the world. He told himself he wouldn't shout, he would never scream and cry. He would never cr-
 
"Arhhhh!"
"Woah chill man. I didn't use any strength yet. Bite on the towel now pleace."
 
Hoya thought Sungyeol was insane! The pain was unbearable and horrifying and insane! He would rather let Sunggyu throw him ten more times and be grateful for that pain. Hoya started cursing and swearing out loud when Sungyeol pressed harder. That night...
 
Hoya shouted.
Hoya screamed.
Hoya cried.
 
The others were now so afraid that they were hugging one another on the couch like a bunch of racoons. Hoya actually cried for a full three minutes while Sungyeol was applying the ointment. However after he was done, Hoya found it awesome that he was able to sit on the couch without much difficulty and was able to walk without feeling much pain.
 
"One more time tomorrow and you'll be good as new!"
 
Hoya wanted to cry so badly when he heard that. The others were frightened to death by now at Hoya's tears and screams. Sunggyu looked the worst, telling and apologizing to Hoya that it was all his fault that Hoya was suffering right now. Hoya said it was fine, but the tear stains on his face made Sunggyu felt worse than before. Sungyeol then took abother medicine, a cream this time, and told Hoya and Dongwoo to apply to their bruises. The black eye and swollen lips would disppear over night.
 
Hoya thanked the man and quickly took the cream to apply it while sharing it with Dongwoo. It wondered aloud if Sungyeol a medicine for everything. And Sungyeol, upon hearing the question, answered it with a lame joke.
 
"I do have medicine for all injuries, well,  except heart pains."
 
Everyone rolled their eyes. Dongwoo was talking to Sunggyu at the moment, telling him how thankful he was that Sunggyu that threw the chair at him and made his head bled instead of his back. Everyone thought he was crazy, especially Sunggyu. L then remembered something and he turned to look at Woohyun, Sunggyu and Sungyeol before asking.
 
"So.. can we start by telling us what on earth his morning was about, we're still clueless about it. And since that was probably the problem, we should know about it since we suffered emotional and physically pain for it. Woohyun hyung said he would tell us regardless anyway, what is it?"
 
The smiles on their faces faded.
And Sungyeol decided to sit near the huge window with Sungjong's photo in his hand.
 
He looked up at the night sky, refusing and willing his ears to not hear what the others were going to talk about. Sunggyu looked at Woohyun who was now looking really sad. Inside, he couldn't forgive Woohyun for creating and hurting and being hurtful to Sungyeol that morning. But he softened when he saw Woohyun's tears rolling off the man's eyes.
 
Like what he had did with L, Sunggyu pulled Woohyun's head to his shoulder and patted his shoulder. Sunggyu then looked at Sungyeol again before sighing and telling the kids whatever Sungyeol, Woohyun and himself had talked about last night. They were shocked naturally and utterly speechless. Honestly they didn't expect trouble coming to them. They hadn't realized Sungyeol and Sunggyu was carrying so much burden and trouble on their mind and shoulders as well because of them.
 
Sunggyu then went on and told them how Woohyun thought it was time fot them to know while Sungyeol refused it at once and had his own reasons. They asked about his opinion and Sunggyu felt bad for saying yes, that he had agreed to let them know what was going on and to also let them choose whether they wished to learn how to defend themselves or move houses.
 
They said yes instantly and also said they were tired of being treated like kids. From the corner of his eyes, Sunggyu saw Sungyeol scoffing at that crazy remark. They continued saying they didn't want the hyungs to solve their problems all the time. Sunggyu then told them there was a problem, that the best fighter and teacher to teach them wasn't willing to teach at all. They asked why, and Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol who had been listening in to their conversation from the very beginning.
 
"I promised Sungjong I won't fight again."
"But this is important too. We need to learn how to fight Yeollie."
 
Sungyeol shook his head at Dongwoo.
 
"That was his dying wish. And even though I tried so hard to tell him I won't fight anymore, Sungjong didn't come back to me. He's dead because I was fighting. I'm going to keep that promise regardless of anything. I'm sorry guys, I won't teach you anything."
 
Woohyun flinched when he heard the reason. He didn't know that Sungjong's promise was the reason why Sungyeol was so opposed to his idea. He had lived through the pain and process, he should have known. Woohyun wished he could punch himself for being so impatient all these while. Sungyeol was just protecting them in his own ways and methods.
 
"I wanted to tell this to you after Sungyeol goes to work but I guessed my temper got the better of me. I won't stop anyone from learning how to fight and I don't really agree to you guys fighting, but it would be better if you kids knew something than nothing. I won't stop you from trying to convince Sungyeol as well, just don't force him. Making him unhappy brings no good to any of us."
 
He paused.
Even though it was his fault, he was saying this.
 
"If it wasn't for Sungyeol, we won't have a home now even."
 
Sunggyu got up towards Sungyeol when he saw the tallest one crying sadly. Woohyun was gulping gallons of his own salivia while trying to stop his heart from feeling so pain and guilty. Sungyeol was looking at the photo of Sungjong and touching Sungjong's face. He looked up at Sunggyu and smiled sadly again. Sunggyu felt horrible inside, but the worst was when Sungyeol started speaking.
 
And he was shaking uncontrollably later on as he spoke.
 
"Sungjong never came back to me, I tried so hard but he still left me. I can't help you guys because I don't want you guys to leave me like him. What if the photo I'm holding right now was one of yours and not only Sungjong's?"
 
He hid his face in his hands while Sunggyu tried calming him down.
 
"I never liked fighting. But I could do nothing else. Sungjong would die if I hadn't came to take him away. He was getting bullied, he was all alone. I could only sell myself and do something with it. I never wanted to fight. I was so scared. The reasonw hy I fought was because I was scared, I was scared I couldn't do anything for Sungjong. I was scared he would live a miserable life like mine when he grows."
 
He looked at the others, his wide eyes glistered with tears, his emotions wild.
 
"You're going to hurt youself. I can't bring myself to let you get hurt, but I can't go against Sungjong. I just can't. Everytime I looked at his photos, I remembered what happened that night. It was horrible. It was horrible! I don't have any intention of fighting, I just wanted to scare them off so that they'll leave us alone. Hyung we should just leave, I can't stand living in this fear anymore, I hated it. I hate it!"
 
Sungyeol was sobbing uncontrollably. The fear had ruled his mind and he was shaking and shivering badly. No matter how hard and long Sunggyu tried soothing him, Sungyeol was still shaking and screaming in fear. Until he felt a sharp needle piercing his arm. He turned and saw Woohyun with a syringe in his arm while Sunggyu held him tight.
 
"I'm sorry Yeollie. You need to sleep."
 
He fell asleep instantly. The other three couldn't believe what they were seeing. L actually covered his mouth with his hands and had the thought of puking. He had never seen something so scary and horrible like that to his best friend. Sunggyu had really meant it when he said he didn't want them to roll in the dirt with them. They couldn't believe Sunggyu and Woohyun had to sedate Sungyeol like that.
 
And they watched in defeat as Sunggyu carried Sungyeol into his room and bed.
The only thing that could save Sungyeol was gone.
 
Sungjong was gone.
 
And when Sunggyu got back to the living room, he saw L holding the photo of Sungjong as his own tears fell onto the photo. He was at a loss, they all were. But what could they do? Tears rolled them L's face more as he looked at the photo Sungjong while wiping the tears away from the frame.
 
 
"Help me Sungjong. Help him, help your brother. Free him from the pain and fear. Save him from drowning in his own pain. Do what he couldn't do for him, be what we couldn't as well. Please..."
 
 
 
P/s: Hi everyone. I just want to clear up a few matters. The age for the guys are different from their real lives, although their birthdays are the same. Starting from the oldest in this story and down: Sunggyu, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Hoya, L and Sungjong. It's easer to write because of the three oldest and youngest. Also, it's easier to write Dongwoo and Hoya together with their dancing activities.
 
P/s/s: Also, I know y'all have realized, there are many dark past in everyone's life. Sunggyu has violence, Woohyun and Sungyeol have pain, Hoya has family issue while Dongwoo.. well, i'll write about that soon. It might seem as if they were all living in a crackhouse with mad people but I assure, they are sane, I was trying to write the pain and horror in their past but it was getting quite hard. The boys were young when they witnessed their past so.... yeah. I hope you all can understand the pain of Sungjong leaving Sungyeol. It was like your only life-line getting cut off and you had no way of surviving and had to run constantly because someone was chasing you. That's the feeling i wanted to protray but it's hard. I hope everyone can understand. Also, i'd hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!
 
P/s/s/s: I've a new story called Inventing Ways! I hope everyone can go take a look and support it as much as this story and CS. It would be updated slower than the other two though. Hope everyone can wait patiently for it.
 
Till the next chapter, xoxo!
 
 
 
{Edit} A shorter chapter compared to the previous two. Enjoy!