Chapter 11.

The Florist.
{Edit}
 
 
"What do you want to do in the future?"
 
The rest of the day was exceptionally great for the six of them.
 
Sunggyu had brought them out for dinner and they enjoyed a simple fare, but the happiness within them was enough to make them full honestly. When they got back, Sungyeol made a pot of fruity tea and brought to serve everyone in the living room. They had started calling him the 'nanny' or sometimes 'housekeeper' of the house, but it was all for fun. Sungyeol didn't mind because he knew he was acting like a omma sometimes. Almost. Sometimes. 
 
As they sip onto their tea, everyone let out a huge sigh of relief that the worst was finally over. Dongwoo had salute Sungyeol because the taller man had to be a genius to learn and do well in just five months. Dongwoo wasn't looking down on Sungyeol. But it was rather rare to see such a guy. Especially one with such a background and his past.
 
There was three more weeks till college starts. And within these three weeks, the four soon-to-be college students needs to choose which faculty they wanted to be in and send it to the school. Sunggyu looked at the four boys slowly sipping their tea and dazing to a corner, he knew what was on their mind. Because he was in the same dilemma with them before, about a few years before only, and it was slightly different because he knew he could do any course he wanted. But it ended up taking Business and Law. 
 
As for the kids, knowing what they want in life was good. But what if they didn't? Especially those who had strong passion for what they do. Like Hoya and Dongwoo, it was harsh to tell them the truth - Dancing wasn't everything. 
 
"So have you four decided on which faculty to join, don't rush into making decisions. And also, I know it's nice to go be in the same classes together, but it would be better if you choose your course based on what you really want. Not on what the other guy wants. Understand?"
 
They nodded but remained silent still. There was so many choices they could have choose. Hoya really wanted to take up dancing even in college but Woohyun told him not to do so. There are many other kinds of job in the world, dancing wasn't the only one. It was harsh for Woohyun to keep shooting Hoya down with his dancing dream. But Sunggyu silenced them with his hand. The oldest man had saw their frowns and asked them one simple question.
 
"What do you want to do in the future?"
 
Heads turned.
 
"I know very well that Hoya and Dongwoo wanted to dance and L wants to be a photographer. But I have to agree with Woohyun. It is better if you choose something else that you're interested in as a main. In the future, if you're able to put your dream and what you learn together, that would be great. But it's hardly the case. Choose something that you can do in life even if you have to put your dreams as a side."
 
It was easier said than done honestly.
 
They continued thinking about what to join as they stared at the brocher that they got from the school. The answer came to them one by one and they sipped onto their tea more enthusiastic after. Only Sungyeol remained clueless and down. He was as clueless as he had been ten minutes ago. Suddenly, all the happiness that he had felt when he found out he had gotten into college had burned out. He was now more worried than happy, that's for sure.
 
Laying onto Myungsoo's leg on the floor, he thought back of the days when he was still a gangster. Sungjong had told him about his dream, well their dream really. And Sungyeol really liked it. But right now, he was forced - somewhat - to think about what he could do. It wasn't about what he wanted to do anymore, but what he could do.
 
Back then, the answer was straight, like a poster right in front of him. He was going to continue working for Boxer until Sungjong was fully grown, or when Sungjong had found out about his job. His real job of course was to look after Sungjong using any means possible and for a thirteen year old then, it was honestly good enough. All he could do then was fight and cook and do all the chores in the house for Sungjong. But right now, he didn't need to take care of Sungjong, and Woohyun was the one who was looking after them. 
 
So now, in his mind, Sungyeol believed he was practically useless. Having no other skills or talent in whatnots. He groaned while covering his eyes, the dark past filling his mind. Yet no one could understand what Sungyeol was going through. Or maybe, only Sunggyu could.
 
It was a known fact, maybe just the surface of the fact, that Sunggyu was a gangster as well. So naturally, he would've been in Sungyeol's shoes before. He could understand him perfectly. But as perfect as his intelligent brain could help Sungyeol, he and him were still different people. They had different personalities and look at things differently. Sungyeol was caring and warm-blooded whereas Sunggyu used to be cold-blooded and cunning.
 
Tell me now, which faculty do you guys want to join?
 
Hoya began. I would like to do Veterinary Medicine. Although there is the dancing choice, I believe and understand what Woohyun hyung was trying to say. Also, nursing pets and animals has been something I'd like to do since young. When I get older, I can do the things I like. It's a win-win situation. Sunggyu smiled and nodded his head, approving and thinking that it was an excellent idea. They didn't need approval from him of course, but it was nice to know the mature one in the house understood what they wanted.
 
L continued after. Photography is my passion. And even though it isn't as common like medicine or business, I still wanted to do it. Fine Arts is my choice. I really like taking photos but since they don't have that as a major I think arts would be good enough. I really want to use some of my overflowing inspiration someday to travel and show everyone my view. Woohyun was elated at that though. As young as L might be, the dream was big.
 
Dongwoo, the impatient one, shot off immediately after L was done. Music is my choice. I know you said we should do something that isn't related to our dreams, but I can't imagine myself doing anything other than music or dance. I really love music and I planned to be a composer, a lyrist or even a choreographer. I want to make my own music. I know it'll work out. Sunggyu and Woohyun were slightly taken back. But they knew it was no stopping the, although seemed easy but very stubborn Dongwoo. They nodded their head too, mainly because they knew Dongwoo was good with music, they had both heard, seen and felt it all.
 
The oldest two were satisfied that the kids had taken up their advice, at least most of them. But what worried them the most was still Sungyeol. Their eyes fixed onto Sungyeol, who was still thinking of what he should take up. He wasn't good in anything except fighting. It was hard to find a job as fighter. He could have been a professional one but how long could he last in that kind of occupation. It was ridiculous as well since he had already promised Sungjong he would never fight again.
 
Sungyeol hadn't noticed that Sunggyu moved himself to sit beside L, The older man covered Sunggyu's eyes and Sungyeol, in shock, moved his hands to pull Sunggyu's hands away. But Sunggyu was persistent.
 
Sungyeol. Listen and tell me the first thing that came to your mind. If money wasn't an issue and you had all the talent and abilities in the world, what would you do?
 
This was easy for Sungyeol.
 
"I will start up my own business. A cafe named it Sweet Taste, cook and bake for all my customer. It was a dream Sungjong and I had, and I want to make it real. We spent our rare nights together talking endlessly about it, almost perfecting our dream. Sungjong would stand at the counter to sell and serve food. While I stay at the back, baking what I'm really good at. He said I should have been a chef because my cooking was really good. So I thought maybe I could realize that dream. But with all of us now."
 
Sungyeol paused. Sunggyu removed his hands but Sungyeol still had his eyes closed.
 
"I can cook and bake. Sungjong, Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung managed in front. The place would be pretty with all the flowers from Mrs Lee's store. All the photos L took would be hanging on the walls, the songs Dongwoo composed will be playing in the store and the animals Hoya treated will play around. Isn't that nice?"
 
In truth, the idea was nice. But it was a little too girly for them honestly. Still, it was thoughtful of Sungyeol to put all of them into his dream. It was like they were a part of his life from now on whether they liked it or not. L was rubbing Sungyeol's shoulder and telling him what a wonderful dream that was. It might seem far, and who knows what the future would be like. All of them had no idea why Sunggyu had asked him such a question and were patiently waiting for Sunggyu to say something.
 
"If I were to break your dream down, Sungyeol you should either go to culinary school or take up Business. However, there's no culinary class in the college you're going to, so I suggest that you should take up Business. Business is something very vague and there's a lot you can learn from it if you wish to start your own cafe in the future. Things like Human Resource, Marketing and Management, etc. You would need to learn how to handle all the operations in your cafe. Business is what I would sincerely choose for you."
 
Sungyeol opened his eyes and got up. Resting his back on the foot of the sofa now, he nodded and agreed with Sunggyu. It wasn't that he was taking the route that Sunggyu had pathed out for him. But the oldest man had stated out the pros and cons and he was right. In truth, Sungyeol was also interested in Business ever since he picked up the book from Sunggyu's room the first time he went to wake him up. Woohyun was pouting that no one chose Medicine while Sunggyu was smiling widely that Sungyeol had taken his advice. He turned to see the other three kids talking to one another secretly.
 
"What are you three talking about?"
 
Dongwoo jumped a little from the sudden call that made Sunggyu even more suspicious of their discussion. He was about to ask when Hoya just explained what they were doing. There really wasn't any point in keeping it to them anyway. Sunggyu would have found out sooner or later.
 
"We were just thinking hyung, even though we're all going to be in different faculties and learning different things, we're still going to be part of Sungyeol's cafe. And that's a promise. We were honestly really excited just by listening to Sungyeol's description of the cafe. With the six of us working in a cafe with flowers and animals, we can make it really unique and special. Don't you think so hyung?"
 
And as Sunggyu imagined what they had said, an own image came up to him. And a strong idea as well. It was surprised to all the brothers that Sunggyu was getting excited for this as well. Well, it's not every day you hear the CEO of a big company wanting to work in a cafe as a server right?
 
"I know! We can make our cafe a shophouse! We will live in a two storey house, much bigger than where we are now. Our cafe would be downstairs and we would live upstairs. I can decorate the cafe and house to our style. Maybe the house would be big enough for the all of us to have our own room too and why you all get married we would have space for them too. Some would have to live on the third floor though. Isn't that cool! What do you guys think?"
 
 
The glow on Sunggyu's face didn't go unnoticed to his brothers who looked as if they were seeing Sunggyu for the first time. He didn't show as much as enthusiasim when he was talking to Sungyeol about business but he was extremely excited talking about Sungyeol's cafe. That didn't really make any sense to them. But they could see, instantly, that Sunggyu liked to decorate.
 
"Yah hyung! Why don't you do interior designing instead of business? You looked like you really like desiging!"
 
Sunggyu thought hard about what Dongwoo said. Although it was appealing, changing his occuption wasn't as easy as changing clothes. What more, he was the CEO of a company, he couldn't just change and leave as and when he wanted to. But then, he couldn't hide his smile when he thought about desiging. It had been his, somewhat, first dream before business. He was smiling so widely that it was almost difficult to see his eyes, they weren't sure if he had close it or was he just smiling.
 
To tell the truth, he really prefered to design houses than sitting in a big office the whole day and looking at his computer. And although being a CEO was satisfying, it was downright boring. Meethings, meetings and meetings everyday. He would rather do something else. Being in business was something he could his brain for, but he only realized now that he would rather build houses then sign papers. He thought long and hard and finally realized, he could do them both.
 
"If, I really want to do designing. I could just go to work in the morning and attend lessons at night. What do you think? Or should I just go back to school, I'm too old for college though. This way I'll be doing Fine Arts as well. Well, with the money I have, we can survive without me working for a long time honestly. I don't understand why I need so much money anyway. But Woohyun would be lonely without us. Since we're all schooling and he'll be working?"
 
Everyone gave Woohyun a sad and apologetic smile, expecting him to bawl and cry out to Sunggyu. They were wrong when he started grinning, to himself and to them.
 
"Eh, you don't have to worry about me because I'll be there too!"
"What?!"
"I've just accepted a lecturer job for the Medicine faculty in your school. It's a three year contract so we'll all be together for the next three years! Isn't that amazing!?"
 
The guys gave hugs and fist bumps. Who would have thought the six of them could attend college together? It was a huge shock to the younger guys especially because Sunggyu and Woohyun were actually going back to school. It wasn't for them, but it was nice to know that they could all have one another if anything happenes. So it was all settled. Everyone would be going back to school.
 
L has decided to work at Le Fleurs after school with Sungyeol and Mrs Lee had already agreed to it. She thought that it was too much work for the lonely Sungyeol when she goes to visit her son and that another employee would help a lot. Dongwoo and Hoya would be teaching dance at the dance studio as usual. Woohyun was a lecturer and Sunggyu would either work in his own study room or head back to the office after class, it was up to him really. But they weren't worried about him since Sunggyu was more or less like a Superman in their house. He didn't need sleep, almost.
 
Sungyeol thought it was great, and that their celebration mood had once again awaken among the six of them. He looked up to the sky at night and think about his brother who would've been very proud of him to enter college. He amended himself, it was the seven of them, not the six. And even if Sungjong wasn't here in flesh, they know he'll definitely be with them wherever he goes. Maybe it was his illusion, or his hope, or the thing that came him going better everyday. But whatever it was, Sungyeol thanked Sungjong again, for everything.
 

 
(Three Weeks Later)
 
On the first day of school, Sunggyu who was really filthy rich, bought them some vehicles. It wasn't that he didn't want the six of them couldn't fit into his car. But it was possible that he might need to rush of himself and wouldn't be able to send them to their own workplace. He wasn't sure if they all had the same dismissal timing. He got a motobike for Dongwoo, so that he could send Hoya and himself to their dance studio. Another bike for Sungyeol, so that he could transport L too to Le Fleurs.
 
Woohyun was sitting in Sunggyu car regardless where he goes. It was Sunggyu's duty to fetch him home as well even though Sunggyu had no idea how Woohyun came to that conclusion. So to and fro school and home, it would be pretty convenient for them now. Out of the six of them, four of them had license. Woohyun and Sunggyu  has a car license while Sungyeol and Dongwoo both had a bike license. It was cheaper to get a bike license than a car then so they had opted for the bike license.
 
 
Sungyeol's & Dongwoo's bike.
 
Sunggyu's car.
 
And so, the six of them drove off to their first day in college. It was a darn good sight for whoever watching them. Guys with a bike helmet covering their looks and the black car which was tinted everywhere. The students pasued to see who had entered and when they all got off, got out, and got off their helmet, the school was in complete silence. It was illegal, totally illegal, to have six extremely hot and good looking guys entering their school.
 
Although Sunggyu was older, he didn't look out of place and in fact, look somewhat younger than some of the freshman. Woohyun was walking in a briefcase so the other students knew there was going to be a new teacher with them. The school was huge and it took some walking around before all of them could reach the admission office. As they got their timetables (Woohyun went to report to the Dean), the receptionist told them their classroom and faulty was.
 
The Music and Fine Arts were side by side, well, they were actually right together actually. So Dongwoo, L and Sunggyu would be close by, L and Sunggyu in the same class too. The Science and Business were side by side as well so Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol were close by. The four faculties weren't that far apart but there was still some walking distance. Sungyeol was really excited for his first day of school. He couldn't remember going to school and having everyone or even friends beside him. The feeling of heading to school was something he had craved for a long long time and it was making him really nervous.
 
What if the students didn't like him? He was a year older than the rest of the freshman and it made him feel really different, not knowing or caring Sunggyu was six years older than the ordinary freshman. But their presence caused quite a stir.
 
Sungyeol and L were just walking ahead, keeping quiet and not looking at anyone particular. They were more of the shy type and didn't really like to mingle around with strangers. Remarkably, the female students loved it. Whereas Hoya, Woohyun, Sunggyu and Dongwoo were all smiling to their fellow student. It was better to be nice than mean on the first day. Some sort of a strategy. They agreed to meet after school and parted ways after.
 
Sungyeol walked alone towards his first class and into a huge lecture room where some of the students were sitting and getting ready for lesson. He sat at one of the seats near the back and waited for the teacher to arrive. And as he waited, his mind flew out of focus from the classroom and out of the window, looking at the clear blue skies, thinking of his youngest brother.
 
 
"Sungjong. I'm in school now, can you see me? I'm learning from school just like you, all these years. It's bringing me closer to you. Everytime I look at the notes and books from the lesson, it reminded me of when you were laying on your bed, unable to sleep because you're left with another chapter of homework to do. I can finally understand what you were doing then. It makes me happy to think of you while I'm doing the things that you've done before. Are you happy as well Sungjong?"
 
 
{Edit}  Hi.