Growing Closer

Love's Way

Chapter 4


Your POV:

I squinted my eyes open to see Taemin still sleep. I tried to get out of his grasp but he held on tighter.

"Aniyo." Taemin said.
"
You're awake?" I asked.
"
Barely. Did you have a bad dream last night?"
"
No. Why do you ask?"
"
Because you make noises in your sleep." He chuckled lightly.
"
Yah! No I don't."
"
Yes you do. Shall I imitate them for you?"
"
No. But you, you kick in your sleep."
"
At least I don't make noises."
I playfully smacked his arm.
"
Be quiet Taemin."
He chuckled again.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 10 am. Taemin finally let me go and I went into the bathroom to put my clothes back on. I walked back out into the living room and grabbed my things.

"I better get back home." I told Taemin.
"
Do you have to leave now?"
"
Yeah. I have to shower and change clothes."
He pouted a little.
"
Okay. Are you going to watch Music Bank today?"
"
Of course. I might even surprise you."
"
What are you talking about?"
"
You'll see later on today." I smirked at him.

I walked towards the door and Taemin followed me. I gave Taemin a peck on the lips and walked out of the dorm.

A Few Hours Later...

I sat around the house waiting to leave for Music Bank. I was waiting on Kyung Mi to get ready.

"Kyung Mi! Hurry up!" I yelled from the living room.
"Hold on, Ms. Impatient. I'm almost ready."
"Come on. Traffic is probably a mess right now."
Kyung Mi walked out of her bathroom.
"Calm down. I know you're anxious to see Taeminnie but, slow your role."
I took a deep breath.
"Alright, I'm fine now."
"Good. Now let's go."
"
Arasso."

We walked to the car and got in. We were driving towards Music Bank and Kyung Mi noticed a traffic jam.

"Aish! We're going to be late!" I exclaimed.
"Hyunae, if you don't calm down."
"I can't calm down with this!" I yelled pointing at the traffic jam.
"YAH!! Shikeuro! We're not going to be late. It's just a minor traffic jam."

I kept quiet the rest of the car ride. Traffic began to move a little faster. I sighed in relief. We arrived at Music Bank within 45 minutes. Kyung Min parked the car and we walked toward the entrance. I was about to walk into the building when a fan stopped me.

"Hi, you're Hyunae right?"
"
Yes I am."
"
Can I take a picture with you?"
"
Sure."

She handed her phone to Kyung Mi and we both did aegyo for our pose. Kyung Mi took the picture and gave the phone back.

"Thank you." She smiled.
"
No problem." I smiled back.

We walked into the Music Bank studio to see SHINee doing a last minute rehersal. Taemin looked into the crowd and his eyes grew wide when he saw me.

Taemin POV:

We were practicing for our performance when I saw Hyunae and Kyung Mi in the audience. I was shocked. Was this her surprise? I smiled at her.

"Hyunae and Kyung Mi, you guys can go back to our waiting room." I said into the mic.
"
Arasso!" They yelled.

One of the security guards led them towards the back. Key walked over to me with a smile on his face.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked him
"
She came here to support her oppa."
"
Okay.."
"
It's kyeobda!"
I shook my head at him.
"
My Taeminnie is all grown up now." He said while walking away.

Your POV:

I sat in the waiting room and saw a whole bunch of idols walking around. Kyung Mi was fangirling in her seat.

"Yah! Calm down." I said to her.
"I can't. It's too much for me." Kyung Mi said.
"You will be just fine."
"OMO! It's SNSD!" She squealed as they walked by.

Taemin and the other members walked in afterwards. He sat by me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"So this was your surprise?" He asked.
"
Yep. Surprise!" I giggled.
"
You're adorable Hyunae."
"
Oh stop it, Taeminnie."
"
YAH! Take your lovey dovey-ness somewhere else." Jonghyun said.
"Be quiet dinosaur!"
Jonghyun gave me a shocked look and everyone else began to laugh.
"
You guys better get ready, you're on in 30 minutes." The producer said to SHINee.
"
Arasso." They said in unison.
"
Okay Hyunae. Wish me luck." Taemin kissed my cheek.
"
Oppa hwaiting!" I cheered.
Taemin smiled and walked out with the members.
"Aigo! You guys are really cute now that I saw you and him in the act." Kyung Mi said.
I blushed a little bit.

25 minutes passed and I saw SHINee walk by the waiting room. I mouthed 'hwaiting' while hold up my fists to each one of them. Kyung Mi and I watched the flat screen TV and waited for SHINee to appear.

"And now it is my pleasure to introduce.... SHINee!" The MC announced.

Kyung Mi and I both yelled in excitement at the boys. People in the hallways told us to quiet down but we couldn't for long. SHINee began to perform Dream Girl and we began to fangirl again. We even sang along with the boys. While the boys were performing, I began to realize something. I was starting to develop more feelings for Taemin. I would get goosebumps when he would sing and I would blush like mad when he was near me. Kyung Mi looked at me and tapped me.

"Hey Hyunae. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

Shortly, SHINee's performance was over and they came back into the waiting room. I stood up and gave each of the members a hug.

"Even though you guys are sweaty, I will still hug you." I smiled.
"
You guys did an amazing job out there." Kyung Mi complimented.
"
Thank you Kyung Mi-ah." Onew said.
"
You're welcome." She began to blush a little.
I looked at the time and gasped.
"
Uh-oh."
"
What's wrong?" Taemin asked.
"
I have to get going. I have a huge essay to finish for tomorrow."
Taemin pouted.
"
Arasso jagi."
"
Kyung Mi, you wanna go home or stay?"
"
I'll stay. You can take the car." She quickly responded.
"
Okay. I'll see you later then."
I kissed Taemin on his cheek.
"
Talk to you later."
"
Arasso."

I walked out the waiting room and towards the exit. I drove back to the apartment. I put my purse and keys down on the table in the living and walked into my room.

Taemin POV:

I walked up to Hyunae's apartment and rung the doorbell. Hyunae's voice came out of the intercom.

"Who is it?"
"
It's Taeminnie."

She opened the door and began to smile.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?"
"
I wanted to keep you company while you work on your essay."
"
Aww you're so sweet. Come in."

She stepped aside to let me in and I walked in.

"Nice apartment." I complimented.
"
Thanks. Follow me."

She lead me to her room. I looked at how spacious it was for just one person. She pointed towards her bed telling me to sit down. She sat at her desk and kept typing. I sat my small bookbag beside me.

"So, where's Kyung Mi?" She asked.
"
She's with Onew. They went to hang out somewhere."
"
Oh okay."
"
How is your paper going?"
"
Great actually. Have a little bit more to do then I will be done."

I laid down and began to doze off a little. I felt a light shake and opened my eyes. Hyunae was hovering over me.

"Taeminnie! Ileona!"
I groaned a little.
"
Shilreo. Let's sleep."

I pulled her down onto the bed and into my arms. She began to wiggle around in my arms. I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Oppa~! Let's play a game." She said while sitting up.
"
Like what?"
"
The game with the hammer. Even though I don't have a hammer."
"
Oh okay."

We sat in the middle of the floor and faced each other.

"You do know how the game works, right?" I asked her.
"
Yeah. Since we don't have a hammer, we have to ddakbam each other if someone loses."
"
Are you sure you want me to ddakbam you?"
"
I'll be fine."
"
Arasso. You can go first then."
"
Cheom cheom cheom!" I moved my head the opposite way of her hand.
"
Cheom cheom cheom!" Hyunae moved the opposite way.
"
Cheom cheom cheom!" I moved in the same direction as her hand.
"
This may hurt."

I squinted my eyes and waited. Hyunae quickly flicked my forehead but yet it was still painful. This game started to bring us closer. We would laugh and joke during the whole game. After we finished the game, we both became tired. I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"Are you leaving already?" She asked while pouting.
"
Yeah. I have to be back at the dorm before the manager checks on us."
"Oh, arasso. I walk you to the door."

She stood up and we walked out of her room and to the door. She opened the door and I walked out into the hallway.

"I had fun with you today." I said.
"
I did too. I hope we can do this soon."
"
Of course. I'll be sure to make time for you."
"
Arasso."
I gave her a quick peck on the lips before walking down the hall. I turned around and waved back at her.

Kyung Mi POV:

I got out of the cab and said goodnight to Onew. I think I'm starting to like him. I walked into the apartment building and went up to my apartment. I walked in and sat my things down next to Hyunae's. I walked towards her room to check on her. I peeked in her room and saw her sleeping like a baby. Despite the noises she was making, she looked peaceful. I walked to my room and got ready for bed. I laid in my bed and quickly went to sleep.