Chapter Eight

Love's Way

A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this update! :)

P.S. Bold Underlined is for links


Hyunae POV

It was the middle August and Taemin and I were still going strong. I was officially hired into SM as a choreographer/backup dancer for all of the artists after helping SNSD with their comeback. One afternoon, I was waiting to practice with Taemin as a part of our date in one of the practice rooms. Before he showed up, I decided to warmup. Sam Smith’s ‘Latch’ came on and I danced along to it. As I was dancing, I heard someone come in. I paused the music and looked in the mirror to see Baekhyun from EXO staring at me.

“Oh oppa!”

I ran and hugged him. He chuckled and hugged me back. Ever since he began dating Taeyeon, Baekhyun and I had become closer.

“Hyunae, how have you been?” He asked.

I pulled away from him and sat down in the middle of the floor.

“I’ve been great. School is going great, Taemin and I’s relationship is going great.”

Baekhyun sat down beside me.

“That’s good to hear.”

“How have you been oppa?”

“Okay, Taeyeon and I are still doing good.”

“That’s good. So, why are you here?”

“I have a favor to ask you.”

“And what is that?”

“Would you come on tour with us?”

My eyes grew big.

“Wait what?”

“Come on tour with us?”

“Why me?”

“We have a performance where female dancers are on stage with us and we want you to join us.”

“Okay. Let me think about it.”

“Okay just message me. I have to go meet up with the members. I’ll talk to you later.”

Baekhyun stood up and walked out the door.

“Bye oppa!”

After Baekhyun left, Taemin came walking in. I smiled and got up to hug him. He hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

“Hi oppa.”

“Hey babe. Was that Baekhyun I saw leaving?”

“Yeah, he just came to say hello and talk for a little bit.”

“Oh. Are you ready?”

I nodded my head.

“I was practicing a song earlier that I think me and you should try.”

“Okay, show me.”

I restarted the song from the beginning and began to dance the same way I did before. I looked at Taemin in the mirror and he smiled at me. As soon as the chorus ended, I stopped and walked over to Taemin. I helped him stand up and we walked over to the middle of the practice room.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

I restarted the song over and Taemin and I danced along together. He had every move down and he looked so perfect. In the middle of the chorus, Taemin freestyled the dance and s his arms around my waist. I followed his every move and by the end of the chorus, he spun me around and I held onto his shoulders. I kissed his lips softly and turned the music off.

“You never cease to amaze me Hyunae.”

“Neither do you Taemin.”

“So what else do you want to do today? The whole day is yours.”

“I want to go get ice cream.”

“Okay. Ice cream it is.”

I walked over and grabbed my bag and we left SM. We walked down the street to a nearby ice cream shop. We ordered our ice cream and sat down at a table by the window.

“You sure sitting right here is a good idea?” I asked.

“Yeah. If someone sees us, who cares.”

“Whatever you say Taemin.”

We began to eat our ice cream and then Taemin asked me a question.

“So, what did you and Baekhyun talk about?”

“Well, he asked me for a favor.”

“Which was?”

“To go on tour with EXO.”

Taemin looked at me with sad eyes.

“Are you going?”

“I don’t know yet.”

“How long are you going to be gone?”

“Not sure.”

He held onto my hand.

“You should go.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I mean it’s a great opportunity for you.”

“I’m still thinking about it though.”

“Oh. Okay.”

We finished our ice cream and left the ice cream shop.

Taemin POV

After spending all day with Hyunae, I took her back to her apartment building. I was going to let her walk up to her apartment by herself but then she asked;

“Will you follow me upstairs?”

“Sure.”

I followed behind her and we rode the elevator up to her floor. Once it stopped, we got out and walked down the hallway to her apartment. I heard Hyunae’s phone go off, indicating that she had just received a message.  She instantly replied. We stopped in front of her door, and she received another message. Hyunae sighed heavily and put her phone back into her bag.

“Hey Hyunae…” I began.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t let this opportunity go because of me.”

“It’s just that I don’t want to leave you.”

“How long will you be gone?” I asked once again.

“What?”

“I saw you texting Baekhyun.”

“Just for two months.”

“Go.”

“But..”

I cut her off.

“No buts. Just go, enjoy it.”

Hyunae grabbed her phone and sent another message to Baekhyun. Within minutes, he had messaged her back.

“I leave Friday. Will I be able to see you before then?”

“No, I still have to promotions for ‘Danger’ I need to do this week.”

A sad look crept onto her face.

“Okay.”

Hyunae put in her passcode and unlocked her apartment door. As she was about to walk in, I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me.

“What are you doing, Taemin?”

I kissed her passionately and pushed her against the wall. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist as were making out. Hyunae pulled away, trying to catch her breath.

“Taemin?”

“Yes?”

“Stay the night with me?”

“Okay.”

I put Hyunae down and she grabbed my hand, leading me into her apartment. It was a night filled with passion and pleasure that both of us would never forget.