Chapter Six

Love's Way

Hyunae POV

Months and months had passed and Taemin and I had grown apart. Promises being broken and not being able to see each other had seem to take its toll. Honestly, I could sense it when Taemin made that promise in front of my apartment. I’ll make time for you… I promise. Those words seem to have meant nothing to him anymore. Dates were cancelled due to his busy schedule with filming We Got Married and preparing for SHINee’s comeback. This led to many arguments which caused us to become distant. While walking from my last class of the day, I received a phone call.

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered.
“Hi~! Is this Hyunae?” I heard a happy voice.
“Yes this is her. May I ask who this is?”
“Oh mianhae. This is Sunny from Sonyeoshidae.”
I stopped in my tracks.
“No way. Excuse me for a second.”

I took the phone away from my ear and began to spazz. After my little fangirl session, I put the phone back up to my ear.

“Okay, I’m back.”
“You must be wondering why I’m calling.”
“Yes.”
“Well, we know you were close with Taemin and that you love to dance. So, we thought that you could help us prepare for our comeback.”
“What? Me? I’m not a professional or anything..”
“Oh we know. But Taemin recommended you and said that you were really good. Besides, we already talked to Lee Soo Man and Kim Youngmin and they agreed to hire you as an official choreographer.”
Me… an official choreographer for SNSD? This is amazing!
“That’s great. But I have school.”
“Don’t worry. That’s all taken care of.”
Wow… they even took care of school for me.
“Umm..”
“Please say yes!” Sunny begged.
“Arasso. When do you guys need me?”
“Could you come to the company now? You have a lot of paperwork to do.”
“Okay I am on my way.”
“OMO! Thank you thank you thank you!” 
“No thank you. Annyeong!”

We both hung up the phone and I rushed over to flag down a taxi. Once I was inside of the taxi, I told the driver to take me to the S.M. building. When I got there, I paid the driver and ran into the building. I got on an elevator to go up and meet Lee Soo Man, Kim Youngmin, and SNSD. Once the elevator stopped, my heart began to beat fast and I walked out of the elevator. SNSD was there waiting for me.

“Sorry if I kept you guys waiting for long.” I said bowing to them.
“Oh it’s no big deal.” Taeyeon said.
Sunny linked arms with me and smiled.
“Come on. We should go in there.” She said.
The butterflies in my stomach began to go crazy.
“By the way, there is no need to be nervous. These guys are completely harmless.” Sooyoung said.
“Arasso.”
All of us walked into the large office area. Here goes nothing.


A Couple Hours Later…

After discussing everything and signing a lot of papers, I was officially a choreographer for SNSD.

“Well, we’ll see you tomorrow. Here’s the title song that we will be using for our comeback.” Yoona handed me a CD.
“Arasso. I’ll see what I can come up with for tomorrow.”
“Gomawo Hyunae-ah~!” They said in unison.

I got on the elevator and left the SM building.


The Next Day…

After spending all night coming up with a routine for SNSD, I was prepared and went to meet SNSD. Once I got there, they were already in the dance studio stretching. They stopped when they saw me.

“Hyunae!” They ran over and hugged me.
“So, did you come up with anything?” Jessica asked.
“Yeah. It’s kind of simple. I’ll show you before I have you guys dance along to it.”
“Arasso.”

The song began to play and I danced along to it. I felt like I was in a whole different world while dancing. The nervousness had left me once I walked into the studio. The song stopped and so did I. SNSD looked at me, surprised.

“Wow you really are good!” Tiffany said in English.
“Thank you.” I smiled.
“So, can you break it down for us?” Taeyeon asked.
“Oh of course.”

I began to show each step one by one and within hours, SNSD had gotten all the steps down. I heard the door open and Hyoyeon greeted someone.

“Oh Taemin-ssi. What are you doing here?” She asked.

I stood frozen in my place.

“I just wanted to see how you guys were doing and if Hyunae was doing a good job.” He said.
He walked over to where I was.
“Hyunae-ah~ Annyeong.”
I looked at him.
“Annyeong Taemin.”
He hugged me tightly. I didn’t want to hug him back because I was still upset but I did anyway.
“So can you guys show me what Hyunae came up with for you?”
“Sure.”

The music began to play again and SNSD danced along to it while Taemin and I watched. He stood rather close to me but I didn’t mind.

“This is really good Hyunae-ah.”
“Thank you.”
“You know… I really miss you.”
I miss you too…

I opened my mouth to say the words but it was like a cat caught my tongue. SNSD stopped dancing and Taemin began to clap for them.

“Great job.”
“Thank you Taemin-ssi!” They said in unison.
“You guys don’t mind if I borrow Hyunae for a little while do you?”
“No not at all.”
“Umm.. Well I guess we can finish up and try to perfect it tomorrow then.” I said to them.
“Arasso.”

I grabbed my bag and walked out with Taemin. He led me outside and inside the van.

“Where are we going?” I asked.
“We’re going somewhere so we can talk.”
“We couldn’t do this some other time?”
“No. Because you won’t answer my calls or reply to my texts anymore after we ‘broke up’ so this is a good time to talk about things.”

The van stopped at the park and Taemin and I both got out. We walked along the Han River and began to talk.

“You know I didn’t want things to end so quickly.” He said.
“But you kept breaking promises Taemin.”
“I know. And I’m sorry but you know..”
I cut him off.
“I know you were so busy with WGM and SHINee’s comeback.”
“I thought you would understand, not break up with me.”
“I did understand the first few times, but after that it was just too much.”

We stopped and sat down on a nearby bench.

“I’m so sorry. I should have kept my promises.”
“I forgive you.”
“Can we make things work?”
I sighed heavily.
“I need time to think.”
“That’s okay. Take all the time you need.”
He held onto my hand.
“Let’s get you home.”

We walked to the van and it took us to my apartment building. Taemin walked me up to my apartment.

“Thanks for finally talking to me.”
“No problem. I’m sorry for not hearing you out.”
“It’s okay.”
There was complete silence.
“I better get inside.”
“Arasso.”

Taemin kissed my cheek and walked away. I blushed and went inside the apartment.


A/N: Sorry this is all in Hyunae/Your POV. I'll try to include other POVs more in the upcoming chapters. Hope you liked it!! :)