Scandal

Love's Way

*Blue is for Korean. Bolded and Italicized are for thoughts.*


Your POV

I woke up to the sun in my face and Kyung Mi shaking me.

"Hyunae-ah~! Get up!"
"What is it?" I said sleepily.
"You have to see this article on allkpop.com."

She got off of my bed and headed towards the living room. Shortly after, I followed behind her. I sat next to her on the couch and she pointed to the article.

"It's about you and Taemin."
"What?!"

I read the article's heading:

SPOTTED: SHINee's Taemin kissing an unknown female late last night.

I held my hands to my cheeks.
"OMO! This is not good."
"So this is why you came in the house late?"
"Yeah."
She began to scream and I plugged my ears.
"OMG! You guys are too cute!"
"We're not a couple or anything."
"I believe you guys are."
"Well, it's not confirmed that we are a couple."
Kyung Mi squealed.
"Aigo~! So cute."
I just shook my head at her.

Taemin POV

"Taemin-ah! What is this?!" Manager-nim yelled while showing me the article about Hyunae and I.
"
It's me and a friend."
"
Oh just you and a friend, huh?"
"
Yeah."
"
Friends don't kiss like this Taemin!" He said pointing at the picture.
"
Okay. She's not just my friend."
"
Who is she then?"
I sighed.
"
My girlfriend."
The members gasped.
"
WHAT?!" Key exclaimed.
"
Hyunae is my girlfriend. We became official yesterday."
Manager-nim sighed a little.
"
Taemin-ssi. You know this isn't good for the company."
"
I know."
"
Well, we have to settle this as soon as possible."
Manager-nim paused for a second.
"
How fast do you think Hyunae can get to SM?"
"
I can call her and tell her to meet us there."
"
That will be fine."

Your POV

I just got out the shower when I heard my phone ring.

"Yeoboseyo?" I answered.
"
Hyunae-ah."
"
Yeh Taemin oppa?"
"
Do you think you can meet me at the SM building in 30 minutes?"
"
Yeah of course. What's wrong?"
"
We'll talk when you get there, arasso?"
"
Arasso. Bye oppa."
"
Bye."

I hung up the phone. I wonder what's going on at the SM building. I thought. I dried my hair and curled it a little. Then, I went to my room to get dressed. After getting dressed, I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. There were cameras snapping away as I tried to get a taxi.

"Is it true that you and Taemin are dating?" One of the paparazzi asked.
"
Why is Taemin dating someone like you?" Another one asked.

I ignored the questions, got into the taxi and headed to the SM building. Within 15 minutes, I reached SM. I hurriedly walked into the building to find Taemin and SHINee's manager waiting.

"Hyunae-ah!" Taemin exclaimed while running towards me.
"
Hey oppa!" I said while he picked me up and spun me around.
Taemin led me over to the manager.
"
Hyunae, this is our manager. Manager-nim, this is Hyunae, my girlfriend."
My eyes widened. Girlfriend?! My heart began to beat twice as fast.
"
Annyeonghaseyo." I said bowing to manager-nim.
"
Annyeong Hyunae."
"
So may I ask you guys why I am here."
"
Well, we are about to have a meeting about the scandal between you two."
"
Oh, I see."
"
So let's cut the chit-chat and head upstairs."

Manager-nim led us into the elevator and went headed up to the fourth floor. I took off my sunglasses before getting off the elevator. We walked into a room that was filled with reporters and cameras. I became a little nervous and I held onto Taemin.

"It's okay Hyunae-ah. It's just a short interview/meeting." Taemin said, trying to comfort me.

I sighed heavily and sat by Taemin at a long table. Here goes nothing.

Taemin POV

"So Taemin, how long have you two been a couple?" A reporter asked.
"
Well, we made it official yesterday, as you saw from the kissing picture. But we have been knowing each other for about nine months."
Hyunae squeezed my hand under the table.
"
What are you lying for?" She mumbled.
"
To protect you."
"
This isn't protecting me."
"
Do you mind telling us what your name is?" Another reporter asked interrupting our conversation.
"
Oh, my name is Kim Hyunae."
"
May I ask where you are from? Because nobody has ever seen you around here."
"
I'm from Los Angeles."
"
And how did you guys meet?"
"
I met him at a fan signing when SM went to LA. And we became close and kept in contact with each other."
"
How old are you and what do you do?"
"
I am 19 years old and a college student. I transferred from UCLA to SNU."
"
Taemin-ssi, is there any chance that you guys will be together for long?"
This question shocked me a little bit.
"
I believe so. I think us having things in common and being compatible will help keep us together."
Hyunae looked at me and smiled. I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"Ah how cute!"
Cameras began to snap the cute moment between Hyunae and I.

"Well, that's all the time we have." Manager-nim said to the reporters.
"
Thank you for accepting me and our relationship." Hyunae stood up bowing to them.
I stood up and wrapped my arm around her waist.

Your POV

Hours had passed since the interview/meeting. I decided that I would spend the day with SHINee. I sat in on their dance practices and I even helped them out a little bit. Afterwards, I went back to SHINee's dorm for a little bit. While the other members were resting, Taemin and I were watching movies. I laid my head on Taemin's lap and began to fall asleep. Taemin lightly shook me minutes later.

"Hyunae-ah, you're not sleeping on me are you?" Taemin asked.
"
No. I was just resting my eyes."
"
Yeah right." He chuckled a little.

I smiled a little. A few minutes later, I could hear Taemin's light snores. I sat up and tried to wake him up but he wouldn't move. People were right. He does sleep like a dead person. I thought to myself. I giggled at the thought. I shook him again.

"Oppa~. Go to your room and sleep. I'll see you later."
"
No~. Stay with me Hyunae." Taemin said while his eyes were closed still.
"
I wish I could but I can't."
"
Please? I really want you here." Taemin squinted his eyes open.
I sighed heavily.
"
Fine."
"
Yay!"
"
Can I get some clothes to sleep in, oppa?"
"
Sure. Hold on a second."

Taemin got up from the couch and went into his room. I texted Kyung Mi to tell her where I was and that I wouldn't be home. Taemin came back with one of his t-shirts and a pair of basketball shorts. Taemin had already changed so I went into the bathroom and changed. Couple of minutes later, I went into the livng room and saw Taemin fast asleep. I smiled at the way he looked. I turned off the TV and laid in his arms. I quickly fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Key POV

I wasn't exactly sleep yet because I couldn't sleep. I walked out into the living room and saw Hyunae and Taemin fast asleep. Aigoo! They look so cute! I thought to myself. I went and grabbed a blanket for them. My eomma sense began to kick in.

"Sleeping without a blanket will make you two catch a cold." I whispered while covering them up.

I smiled at the sight and went to my room. I was finally able to sleep, shutting out Onew's sleep talking about chicken.