Unexpected Company

Magnets

Junghwan arrived at the singing competiton so excited, he already forgot about earlier that day at school when he got embarassed in front of the whole class. 

The competition was endorsed by this company from Seoul, so obviously the stage was very expensive looking and flashy. It was like nothing the young boy had seen before. He couldn't wait to get up there and sing his heart out. 

 

He was brought backstage by an employee , and put in a linup awaiting his turn for the competiton. 

At the front of the line, he noticed a firmiliar face... Sunwoo! 

Sunwoo... can sing? What if he's better than me? I never lost at one of these competitions.. I guess i'll see... 

 

When it finally came to his classmate's turn, he couldn't help but to evesdrop from backstage .

Well, it's not like he could stop himself, the speakers are pretty loud..

And he sang just like Junghwan expected. Mediocre. 

But then, Sunwoo broke into a rap sequence. And his voice went surprisingly deep for a boy his age. it was the most amazing thing he ever heard. 

The song finished, and Sunwoo came backstage. When walking next to Junghwan he stopped slightly, and continued walking without saying anything.

 

Junghwan's turn finally came and he sang with his usual amazing voice. It was an old love song that made all the ahjummas in the crowd fall in love as they sang the lyrics along Junghwan. 

Strangely, the young boy couldn't stop thinking about how Sunwoo stopped slightly earlier. was he going to appoligize for laughing at him in class earlier ?  

The song finished, and since Junghwan was the last contestant, the assistants brought all the other contestants up for judging. 

Weird , I don't see Sunwoo anywhere..

"Before we start we'd like to state that Contestant number 3 has been eliminated for rapping, being as this is a singing competition" said the anouncer. 

"1st place goes to... Lee Junghwan" the anouncer said. 

everyone clapped and cheered, apparently agreeing with the judges' decision. 

 

After the show, Junghwan waited for his bus at the stop near the competition and noticed Sunwoo was still there. 

"Hey, you sang well. You deserved winning." Sunwoo said as Junghwan tried passed by him nonchalantly

"Oh , thanks.. but, you did great too ! I really think you should have been a runner-up even though you rapped, cause it was so great." Junghwan said sincerely

"Really? thanks. I was kind of bummed out about it."   

 

It was kind of silent after that until the awkward pose was broken by Sunwoo 

"You know, I'm really sorry about today in school... My friends are kind of mean and I have to act like them in order to fit in.." 

"It's okay, I understand.." Junghwan really didn't understand.. Why would you act a certain way just to be popular ? Is it really that important?

 

"Well, this is my bus, I'll see you in school tomorrow." Sunwoo got on his bus and left 

I knew he wasn't like the others. 

 

---- 

This is kind of apart of chapter 1, but I wanted to keep my chapters short so I decided to split them up ~ 

also, I'm pretty sure i'm gonna keep Sandeul POV for most of the fic, 

so unless theres indication that it's not, it usually is his POV