07

Arranged Marriage

Kris soon found out about Tao's real feelings for Kae and was angry. Tao lied to him all along and he felt betrayed. Tao seemed to not care for Kris's reactions or rants. He just stood there annoyed by Kris yelling at him.

"She hates you! You're supposed to hate her back!" Kris yelled swinging his arms everywhere.

"She actually likes me. She told me so when I confessed my love to her." Tao replied looking at his phone. "My mom says she's not going to cancel this arranged marriage and atleast we'll be done with highschool when that time comes." 

"If she likes you shouldn't she marry you because she wants to not because she's forced to?" Kris said.

"That's gotta be the first smart thing you've said today no this week." Tao sighed still looking at his phone. 

During study hall Kae went up to Tao with either bad or good news. Depends on how he'd take it.

"Tao, my mom told me she's cancelling our arranged marriage." Kae said look at the look on Tao's face.

"I thought she said you're not getting out of this one." Tao snapped.

"She changed her mind. I'm sorry." Kae said as she handed him a piece of paper and walked away. Tao watched with sad eyes as Kae left the room leaving him alone in that room. He looked down at the piece of paper and saw a drawing Kae made. It was of the two of them Kae had her head on Tao's shoulder and his head was resting on hers. It was in an anime version. Kae had always been a good artist always improving and trying new drawing styles. 

"Was my mom in on this?" Tao asked himself as he walked home alone that day. He went straight to his mom asking her.

"Yes, I figured it'd just be a waste of money and time since you two hate eachother." Tao's mom answered resuming her drama.

If Tao's mom had kept the drama paused long enough to hear Tao's reaction she'd find out that they liked each other all along. 

 

____________________________________

Short chapter I know but I couldn't think of anything much.