03

Arranged Marriage

Kae's mother took her dress shopping to prepare for the not so big day. It was only five weeks and two days away. Kae had to think of something quick or she'd be forced to marry Huang ZiTao. Emiko said she'd come up with plans to get her out of the arranged marriage.

"What do you think about this one dear? It's beautiful and cheap!" Her mother said.

"No point in buying one. I'm not marrying Tao." She crossed her arms.

"Yes you are! I looked for the proper man for you for two years and I need for his parents to believe in arranged marriage! After all the hard work I put into this you're not getting out of it!" Mrs. Zhen snapped.

"The proper man?" Kae questioned. "Me and Tao hate eachother!" 

"If you two don't put aside your differences and learn to love eachother I'll bump the date up so it's closer than it is now." Mrs. Zhen said.

Kae sighed walking away from her mother. Ignoring her mother's yelling and hissing. 

She stepped out side of the bridal shop to get some fresh air. Still needing a plan so she wouldn't have to marry Tao.

"If my mother really wanted me to have a husband then why doesn't she just let me find him myself." Kae thought to herself rolling her eyes. She took out a piece of gum as she usually does when stressed if she has gum or any food. Is there anything that could get her out of this one? She couldn't rely on Tao because he couldn't do anything about it.

"Hello there." An annoying deep voice creeped.

"Go away Kris!" Kae yelled.

"Oh you're mad that's so cute." Kris mocked.

"Do you value your life?" Kae snapped.

"Oh you know the police are here right?" Kris asked.

"What? Did you call the police on me?" Kae asked back

"No there was a robbery at that 7-11." Kris explained as he placed his arm over Kae's shoulder. She immediately slapped it off and kicked Kris on the leg. She recrossed her arms looking at the sky.

"Don't kick me you little !" He yelled.

"Don't touch me and I won't have to kick you!" She smirked.

"Next time-" 

"Next time what? You'll beat me up? Oh like you ing could you little brat!" Kae yelled back. Kris growled at her and walked away. While Kris walked away she flipped him off and went back inside. 

"Nice to see you're not being a little brat." Kae's mother snapped. Kae just ignored her mother's comment. "Now try on these dresses. Let's go chop chop!" Kae went to the fitting room where she was greeted by a young worker.

"Are't you too young to be getting married?" She asked.

"It's an arranged marriage." Kae explained.

"Oh I had one."

"I've had five that counting this one. I got out of the other four and I'm getting out of this one too." Kae sighed.

"You know I hated my arranged husband at first and he hated me but as time went by we fell head over heels for each other and here we are five years later with a beautiful baby girl named Kim So Hyun." The woman said as she handed Kae the green card with the number four on it. Kae nodded and walked to her dressing room to try on the first dress, then the second, then the third, and finally the fourth. 

"I think I like dress three the most." Kae said handing it to her mother. 

"You're lucky it's cheap." Kae's mother said paying for the dress. "You know how much this day means to me?"

"Enough to make me marry someone I hate with a passion." Kae replied chewing her gum.

"Yes, Kae that much." Her mother joked. "No! I want you to get married and have children one day!"

"If you want me to be married then why not let me find my man? I will find the one eventually." Kae said. 

"I put you with Tao because you two are a lot alike. There aren't lots of men like that and you scare off eveyman you find."

"I didn't scare off Takuya or Xiumin or Chen or Luhan or Lay or Baekhyun or Chanyeol or  D.O or Suho or Sehun so why didn't you arrange me with one of them?" Kae asked.

Her mother never bothered to answer her daughter's question or talk to her for the rest of the ride home. It was a silent ride and Kae loved it more than she loved cake.