Chapter 3

Give me love

Give me love: Chapter 3



*she’s gone out… 
Without thinking, I followed her. What is she doing here? I need to see if she’s all right. I grabbed a glass of champagne and headed out. She’s very beautiful tonight, I took a peek at the rose, *a blooming rose for a beautiful girl. I chuckled, how fitting.

I stepped out of the shadows. “Champagne?” I offered her the glass, wary of how she might react.
We just stood by each other for minutes. She’s so close... she smells, heavenly almost intoxicating. I had to distract myself from any inappropriate thoughts so I just stared at the moon. I felt her gaze on me; I turned my head, and almost dropped to my knees. Our faces were so close. Her eyes, gleaming in the moonlight… then my eyes moved down, THOSE LIPS. *Yah, stop this you might scare her. I looked back at her eyes, "i-ts b-beautiful isn't it?" she could be easily describing herself. The moon, beautiful, calming, admired by many and totally unreachable. "Yes, it's very beautiful."
She blushed; adding some color on here pale skin. Maybe she’s an angel? Sent for me… No, I don’t deserve one especially her.

“Who are you?” I wondered when she would finally ask that. Seo JooHyun… you amaze me even more now than before, so innocent. I smiled the most genuine smile I had. Should I tell her…? SeoHyun, you’ll understand right? You’ll accept me right?

SeoHyun, I’m…

“Seo JooHyun!? Where are you!?” she looked away. I stepped back and disappeared from her sight.
I watched her go in with her mother. Good. She doesn't need to know who I am. I belong here in the shadows.



*end of flashback*




Jung Shin interrupted my train of thought. “Sir, your car is checked and ready to go.”

“Kasahamnida, you may take a break now.”






Hmm… the hotel branch that’s in Incheon needs renovating. I was about to write a report and some provisioning plans about it when I heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” the scent of flowers, not just any flowers but roses filled my office. I turned to look; hopes of my masked man coming in filled my head. But destiny was cruel, playing tricks on me; heaven forbid, it turns out to be Jung Yongwha.

“What do you want?” I glared at him hoping it would warn him off.

“I think we got off on the wrong foot. Here, I brought you these to apologize.” Well… he does look sincere… and I got to admit those roses don’t come cheap. “Come in.” But I wasn’t going to let my guard down. Not after what happened earlier.

He closed the door and sat at one of the chairs facing my desk. I stood up and took the flowers from him. “So what’s the catch?” I eyed him suspiciously, flowers in hand.

“Go out with me.” My jaw dropped. “Just a perfectly normal date, I promise you I will behave!” he held his hands up like I was about to arrest him. He looked cute. Yah, Seohyun what at are you thinking?

“Just one date, Yongwha-ssi. One.” I said holding my index finger up.

“Great! Let’s Go.” He stood up grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out of the room. YAH! I AM WEARING HEELS! SLOW DOWN!

“Yongwha-ssi, please slow down. It’s still early, we still have time.” He slowed down but still, he walks fast. My poor feet *cries…

“Hyunie! Where are you go-ing..?” I felt Min ho oppa grab my other hand. “Yah! Who is this?” Min ho oppa looked from me to Yongwha then back at me. Just when I was about to answer, Yongwha pulled me back but Min ho kept his grip firm.

“Who. Are. You?” Yongwha asked pointedly at Min ho. This guy, really.

“I’m her best friend.” Min ho said matter-of-factly pointing at me. Oh, god.

“I’m her fiancé.” Yongwha tilted his head to the side referring to me. 

“Yeah? Why did it look like you were kidnapping her!? Yeah, I saw you practically drag her out.” Min ho said, jaw tensing. I could see that he’s pissed off with Mr. ohhh I’m his fiance here.

Yongwha tugged my hand so that I was closer to him, Min Ho did the same. Tug of war!? I’m not a toy!

“I don’t have to answer to you. Let. Go.” Yongwha said through gritted teeth.

This isn’t good! Ottoke?! What do I do? We’re in the hall and people are walking past us. Please don’t fight…

I was getting ready to interfere when Yongwha pulled me away, all I could do was wave good bye at Min ho and mouth*mianhe… and that I will call him later.

“Yah! That was my best friend!” I shouted at Yongwha when we were safely away from the office.

He stopped by a red convertible, huh must be his. “Great, he can be the best man at the wedding.” He said winking at me. Opening the door, he ushered for me to get in the car. I did so, because we’re already out here and my feet hurts, A LOT. He got in the driver’s seat and sped off.

“You should wear your seatbelt…” I said. Geez, even though I’m mad at him I still think about his well-being and plus he drives like crazy! He put on his seatbelt and grinned at me “So you do care?”

“Yongwha-ssi don’t be so full of yourself. Caring for your safety and caring for you is two different things.” I said smiling ever so sweetly, HA! hoping to piss him off and it did. His grin disappeared and he kept his eyes on the road.

Gosh, these heels are killing me. I took off my heels and rubbed my foot. *ouch that hurts... He took a glance at me but said nothing. I appreciate his silence.

On the way to our destination, he stopped the car, got out and went to the nearest store.

I checked my phone if someone texted me. A few messages, mostly from the girls saying how much fun they had, blah blah blah and one new text from Min ho.



From: Min Ho oppa ^_^

That’s the guy you’re marrying? He seems… NICE, to put it lightly.



To put it lightly was an understatement. Sorry oppa, I didn’t know that guy was this difficult. I hit reply.



To: Min Ho oppa ^_^

Oppa, I know, he’s so difficult. Try to play nice okay? Maybe we just don’t know him that much. Maybe he will get better. Let’s just hope for the best.



And immediately there is a reply.



From: Min Ho oppa ^_^

Do you have to get married TO HIM?



I chuckled; he's like a whining child. This might work, if only I could figure him out. I must not jump to conclusions; I know he is a good man. My parents chose him for me, he must be…

I saw Yongwha coming back and I immediately hit reply.




To: Min Ho oppa ^_^

I’ll call you later oppa.




I put my phone safely back in my purse. Yongwha got in and threw the paper bag on the backseat.
*I wonder what it is…

“Where are we going?” I’m not familiar with this part of Seoul. He looked at me and smiled. What is he hiding?

“It’s a secret. You’ll see once we get there...” I nodded. The mood in the car seems to lighten up a bit. Gosh, I could practically feel him radiating joy from my side of the car. He stopped the car by a grassy field.

“What are we doing here?” No answer.

He got out and opened my door. “Sit down.” His face is serious. I didn’t move from my seat but unbuckled my seatbelt if in case he tries anything funny. He got down on his knees...

*What is he doing?

I looked at him wide eyed and anxious of what might happen…

He reached down and grabbed my ankle. Panicking, I tried to move my leg, but to no avail, his grip was strong. “Don’t move.” No. please no… a look of horror on my face but I tried my best to hide it and maintain my composure.

He did the most unpredictable thing. He took off my heels and produced a small tube of cream; he applied some on my foot where it hurt the most. The cream is cool and eases the pain I feel, he did the same with the other foot. I relaxed a bit,“Feels better?” he looked at me, warmth evident in his eyes.

*Awww… He bought it for me. “I could have applied it myself, you know. You don’t have to trouble yourself.”

“I want to.” Those three words sent butterflies in my tummy, I blushed. “Arasso, Kasahamnida.” Was all I could say, I gave him a genuine smile and he smiled back. I looked at him, no more like stared, okay okay, I GAPED AT HIM.

*Maybe getting married to him won’t be THAT bad…

He stood up, held his hand out urging me to take it and I did. 

*hmmm my masked man…

No, he couldn’t be.


“Close your eyes.” I looked at him suspiciously. “Don’t worry I’m not going to do anything to you.” Somehow, I trust his words. I let him lead me through the grass. After what seemed like forever, he stopped me from walking and told me to open my eyes.

On the grass were a blanket and a picnic basket. The day was perfect for a picnic and I haven’t been on one since *my real mother died… I shook my head; this isn’t the time to be reliving sad memories.

We ate the food he prepared and I asked him “Why are you doing this?” he looked at me as if I asked him the wrong question. Looking far, he sighed and looked at me “I swear I would protect you and make you happy.” Great, more butterflies. I blushed, EVEN HARDER this time.

“Why…?” I want to know… Tell me.

He just shook his head, “Let’s go it will get dark soon.” He helped me get up. 

Awww… Why won’t you tell me? Just when I thought we were headed in the right direction, you turned cold.

The ride back to my office was silent. He opened my door and I thanked him for the picnic. “Kasahamnida, Yongwha-ssi.”

I bowed then looked up at him, his eyes… he looks, in pain. It breaks my heart to see him like that. He just nodded and pushed me lightly, silently telling me to go in. Once I was near the door, I glanced at him. He got in his car and sped off.Aigooo~


I walked through the halls, to my office when I entered the room I noticed a single rose on my desk.

*Maybe I dropped one…

I took the rose to place it with the others when I saw a card tied to it. I took it off and examined the card. It was black front and back and the writings were embossed and in silver, custom made no doubt, it read…





Looking forward to seeing you again.