Chapter 1

Give me love

GIVE ME LOVE: CHAPTER 1


"hmm... so the Seo Family is having a ball for their only daughter 4 days from now. Interesting..." The man said still sitting on his chair looking out from the glass window. Not even glancing at his body guard.

"Yes, it appears so sir. It says here it's the 18th birthday of their daughter, Seo JooHyun." Lee Jung Shin informed him.

"Kamsahamnida. You may go now." Jung Shin quietly stepped out of the office.

Seo JooHyun... Hyun...






"Aigoo~ My dear SeoHyun you should have chosen your dress by now. Now stop reading that book and go with your assistant to choose the gown that you would be wearing. It's not everyday you turn 18, and in 4 days no doubt! Go. NOW." My mom said in her most frustrated tone. I have never seen her so stressed out.

"Ne, Umma. but... by any chance the ball might be cancelled right?" *crosses fingers. I hope it does... 

"Don't push your luck." I left after receiving a glare from my mom. I don't know what the big deal is all about, it's just another year but my mom insists that we should celebrate. Aigoo.. this is so bothersome but if it will make my mom happy then I will endure this. The invitations must have been sent already *sigh* I can't back out now...




June 28

*ring...

Why is someone calling me? I rub my poor sleepy eyes and checked my phone. It's Min ho. I glanced at the clock, ohhh... it's 12 midnight. wait, WHAT!? Why is he calling me this late? Hope he didn't get in trouble again. I hurriedly answered the call.

"Yeoboseyo? Min ho oppa... ARE YOU OKAY?" I said while struggling to turn on the lights.

*silence...

"Min h-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUNNIE!" Min ho shouted at the other end. Oppa, really.

"Komawo oppa. How'd you know it was my birthday?"

"pffft, please.. like I'd forget your birthday. Silly, girl we grew up together. Besides your mother already sent me an invitation. I'll be there later for the ball. Wait for you oppa okay?" I can almost see him grinning on the other end. Boy, he sure has a lot of energy.

"De oppa, I will. I should sleep now, it's late and you should too. See you later oppa. Thank you again for your call." We really must be sleeping, it will be a very long day tomorrow.

"good night, hyun." and with that he ended the call. Time to go back to sleep.






"GOOD MORNING, SUNSHINE!" That sounds like Fany unnie.

"Well.. Get up. We don't have whole day to make you gorgeous you know." Sica unnie?

"SEOHYUN-AH! GET UP!" I shot straight up from bed. Gosh, they're laughing at me. Do I look that funny? I must have been.

"Let's go get you ready!" the next thing I knew I was dragged to my dressing room and getting dolled up from head to toe.

"I must say that we did a really good job. probably our best work yet!" Sunny unnie said while looking at me appreciatively from head to toe. I was dressed in a white dress that hugged my body perfectly in all the right places. Giving off the feeling of elegance. Even I, had to admit that they did a great job I couldn't be any more grateful. "Thank you unnies!" They smiled at me and came in closer for a group hug. what would I do without them?





I was about to enter the ball room but I was stopped by Sica unnie. "Wait, put this on." She gave me a mask adorned with silver jewels and light pink feathers on the sides, its beautiful. I didn't know it was a masked ball, oh well.. "Komawo unnie. Let's go?"

We entered. The first thing I saw was my mother talking to someone, A man, I could not make out who it was because apparently everyone was wearing masks but he doesn't seem familiar to me. Ouch! That hurts.. Taeyon unni... why did you elbowed my ribs? I looked at her she has this innocent expression plastered on her face then I noticed that the room fell silent. This is awkward. I tried to turn around and go back out but my unnies held me tight. gosh, they're pretty strong for small girls...

After what seemed like ages my mom finally moved and so did everyone in the room. The visitor's all snapped their heads back and continued whatever they were doing. *komawo umma...*

"Happy Birthday my dear daughter. shall we?" My mother took my hand and led me through the room. Introducing me to business partners, family friends and usual clients. Everyone would normally greet me and I would thank them. It's the least I could do for their trouble in attending my birthday. Strange, I was introduced to almost everyone in this room, I haven't seen the man my mother talked to earlier. oh well...

We were all enjoying our meal when my fathers voice boomed over the speakers.

"Good Evening everyone! Thank you for coming to the birthday of our only daughter, as you are all were aware of she is now 18 years old. The next thing you know she will be taking over the company. My dear JooHyun take care of yourself, arasso? You have grown to be quite the achiever and your umma and I are very proud of you. Happy Birthday may you find happiness..."

Appa... komawo appa.. Yes, I will not let you down. Trying to hold back tears I smiled while looking at my appa.

"....and we would also like to announce the engagement of our lovely daughter to the heir of Jung Enterprises. That is all, please continue your meal. We will start the dance in a whie.. Thank you."

what...? engaged to the heir of jung enterprises, me..?

I spent the rest of my meal in a daze. When were they planning of telling me this instead of just dropping the bomb like that in front of all these people? I can't. I haven't even heard of this person until moments ago and now they want me to marry him?


My father pulled me in for the first dance, we revolved in a small circle in the middle of the dance floor, my father is not much of a dancer. This is my chance, I have to tell him. "Appa?"

"hmmm?" he asked looking far away.

"why are you letting me marry some stranger...?" I kept my voice low so that the guest would not be able to hear our conversation but I can't help it. I feel.. hurt. Omo, my parents are giving me away.

My father sighed and said "JooHyun we have no choice. Our company is losing... and a merge with Jung Enterprises would save us. Please help us.. it's the only thing I ask. Please would you do it for appa?" How could I refuse? If it was for my Umma and Appa and everything that they worked hard for, I would do anything.

With a heavy heart I said.. "I'll try appa but I will not promise you anything.. our dance was interrupted by Min Ho oppa. I'm glad, I need time to think about this.

We twirled around, oppa is a good dancer. I'm actually having a good time with him but I think it was my eyes that gave me away so he started going slow so he could talk to me "Heard about the announcement... Bummer huh?" I just focused all my concentration on the dance, not wanting to talk about this then he continued, "Listen Hyun, if you don't want this. I can always take you away..." I looked at him straight in the eye, shock evident in my face. "Runaway with me." We stopped dancing.

Runaway with Min ho oppa? What is he trying to say? I just looked at him while he held me in his arms, his facial features turning hard and serious. "Saranghae Hyun. I will give you time to think about this okay? please don't let this change us. I want you to be happy in life, I would do whatever it takes." escape! HURRY!

All I could say was "I need fresh air. Excuse me". He let go of me. I hurriedly walked towards the balcony almost sprinting. It's pretty peaceful out here, away from the party inside. I need time to myself. My thoughts were disturbed when I saw a lone figure coming cross in the corner of my eye. I turn around to look.

"Champagne?" The man offered me a glass. I didn't know who he was but I took the glass gratefully, I needed this.

It seemed like forever. Me and Him standing there looking at the moon together, I risked a glance at him. *must be the champagne.. making me brave
The man wore a black suit and tie, a classic. He's tall, has brown hair that shines underneath the moonlight. His mask gives a mysterious edge to him. I must have took my time looking at him cause he turned his head around and looked at me straight in the eyes, our faces too close for comfort. I blushed and quickly looked at the moon, stuttering I said "i-ts b-beautiful isn't it?" seohyun-ah relax...

He exhaled loudly, without taking his glance off me he said, "Yes, it's very beautiful."

OMO! My heart its beating fast and loud. Can he hear it? Silly, of course he can't. Aishhh~ You don't even know the man and you blushing!!! Pull yourself together Seo JooHyun!

I finally built up the courage look him straight in the eye and ask, "Who are you?" It came out as a whisper but I'm sure he heard it cause he smiled. Gosh, he's breathtakingly handsome. I wanted to slap myself. Yah! Is this a dream!?

"Seo JooHyun! Where are you?!" I heard my mother call out making me snap out of the trance I was in and looked at her direction. "JooHyun! We were worried. What are you doing here?"

"Umma... I'm with-

"With who?" my mother cut me off. I turned and look, there was no one there. Was I imagining things? No, I held the glass of champagne tighter in my hands. He was real. I just shook my head and went back inside with my mother, with one last look at the balcony, maybe, hoping to see him again... Where did he go?

Who are you? I need to see you again...





.............................................................................................




Author's note:



Forgive me it's my first time writing. Let me know what you think :)