Chapter 2

Give me love

Give me love: Chapter 2



The party continued in a dazed. I couldn’t get it off my mind. Getting married to the Jung heir, Min ho oppa *Runaway with me… OTTOKE?! How am I supposed to handle this? Lost in my thoughts I paced back and forth in the ball room, when a guy stepped on stage getting my attention “The party is almost over, let us all greet Ms. Seo JooHyun a Happy Birthday! Please, Carry on with your dancing.” Slow music started playing and I noticed almost everyone were on the dance floor now swaying to the beat of the music. Amongst the crowd that was at the far end of the room I caught a glimpse of the man, I tried calling him out but he disappeared. Where did he go? Aigoo~ He seems to have a talent for this. Getting closer to the crowd “Excuse me sir, have you happen to see a man wearing a black mask around here?” The man took a good look around and answered “I’m sorry dear, I haven’t” *oh… “Kasahamnida.” looking down, i said to the man. 

I just wanted to talk to him again.

“Penny for your thoughts?” that voice… I turned to my right. It’s true, he’s here. How did he get so close without me noticing him? “Dance with me.” He said, holding his hand out to me, I just stared at it bewildered. He must made the conclusion that if he didn't move, we could be in that position for hours 'cause without waiting for my reply he took my hand and tugged on it gently, urging for me to follow him and so I did, my feet moving on their own perhaps, my mind in knots because of this handsome man in front of me. Gosh, I can’t seem to take my eyes off him. 

He led the way and we stopped in the middle of the dance floor. He put my hands on his shoulders and he then put his hands on my waist. He’s not much of a dancer but considering the slow music he doesn't need to be, we just danced in our own rhythm like we had all the time in the world.

I wish that time would stop.

“Who are you?” was all I could say from the many questions that was running around in my head.

Why do you just disappear like that?
Why does it seem that nobody has seen you except for me?
Are you real?
Why do I feel this way when I’m around you? We just met… 



He fixed a lose strand of hair and put it behind my ear, slowly his hand went down to my chin, caressing my cheeks ever so lightly in the process. He pulled my chin up to look at him and for one brief second I thought he was going to kiss me, making my senses go into overdrive, the blood rushing to my cheeks. SeoHyun-ah you'r making it so obvious... and then I heard the announcer, “Thank you for coming everyone! I hope you have a safe trip back home.” He pulled his hand that was holding my chin back and reached into his inner suit pocket and produced a red rose, it was beautiful. He took my left hand and kissed the knuckles lightly, placing the rose on my palm, he stepped back, and with one last good look he walked away.

No… 

“Wait! When will I see you again?” I tried to reach him but there were too many people coming out of the room that made him difficult to find. 

I searched for him in the throng of people that was waiting for their cars to come around the entrance, when I finally saw him, he was about to enter a car then he stopped, looked over his shoulders then smiled, a lonely one. Was he sad that he had to go? He entered the car and left.

I touched my lips. I thought he was going to kiss me, silly girl. Maybe, if it wasn't for the announcement… I thought.

“Hyun… Come o-on, I--. Who gave you the rose?” Min ho oppa didn’t get a chance to finish what he was saying when he saw the lone rose I was holding. Snapping back to reality, I turned to look at him.

“No one oppa…” I grabbed his hand and dismissed the subject entirely by saying “Let’s go home. I’m tired.”

“Sure…” he said not wanting to probe anything further; he followed me to the entrance. While waiting for the car he kept stealing glances at me, he must have noticed that I was keeping something from him, I never do really. I felt bad about it but there was something about the man that I want to keep his existence to myself. 

Maybe, if I don’t tell anyone of his existence, I can see him again. I MUST see him again.

Our car arrived and the driver ushered us in.

On the way to my house, there was an awkward silence between us; neither of us wants to talk about our earlier conversation. I was looking out the window when he finally spoke “Hyun, about earlier…” I looked at him; turns out he was also looking out the window. Hmm… I hope he takes it back. He turned away from the window and looked at me, trying to act like he didn't offer for me to runaway with him.

“…I’m serious about what I’ve said. I’ll be here for you if you need me.” *oh oppa… I went closer and gave him a quick hug and returned to my seat.

The car stopped, I came out bid farewell to min ho “Rest well, oppa.” and walked to our front door, entered the code then I wave signalling that they can go now and I reached the house safely.

The car windows rolled down and Min ho oppa’s face peered out, “YAH! IF HE HURTS YOU, TELL OPPA OKAY? NIGHT HYUN!” then the car zoomed out into the street. *hope he’s wearing his seatbelt…

After taking a quick bath, I saw the rose on my bed. Right, I need a vase. I went downstairs and hunted for one, I came back up and placed the rose on a simple crystal vase, and placed the vase beside the small table beside me bed, perfect. With a good look at my handiwork I finally went into bed, pulled the covers around me and went to sleep, chanting to myself..

I will see him again.
I will see him again.
WE WILL MEET AGAIN.





The next day at the office.



Aigoo~ I’m going to be late! Jumping out of bed, I quickly took a shower and dressed in a formal light pink dress and pumps, putting on light make up and just brushing my hair and letting it fall freely down my back, I looked at the mirror *Yes, this will have to do. I almost ran outside, considering the thought that I’m wearing high heels. I got in my car, put on my seat belt then drove straight to my office. Walking on the parking lot I checked my watch, 10am. Just in time! Thank God traffic was unusually light. I entered my office but was stopped by my assistant.

“Good morning Ms. JooHyun. Would you like anything?” I frowned. Im Yoona, my assistant was a bright young girl but she’s older than me.

“Please Yoona, just call me SeoHyun. You’re older than me.” She smiled and nodded.

“Could you get me a goguma latte please? I’ll be waiting for it in my office.”

“Of course, SeoHyun.” She left to get my latte. Moments later she entered my office with the goguma latte I asked. “Kasahamnida.” I thanked her and also dismissing her so that I can concentrate on my work.

She was on her way out when she stopped and said “I just remembered, SeoHyun, the president would like you to go into his office at 11.” I checked the time, 10:45am. Maybe father wants to discuss the plans for the new hotel in Jeju.“Thank you Yoona. I’ll go now. Why don’t you take a 30min break then come back?” She smiled. “Thank you, SeoHyun.” And she left the room.

Plans for the new hotel in hand, I went straight to my father’s office. I walked right in, his secretary knew I was coming and just let me pass. When I entered I saw a man, his back to me.

“ahhh SeoHyun-ah glad you’re here. I want you to meet Jung Yongwha, heir to Jung Enterprises and your soon-to-be husband.” He said it with unexplained glee, like he was happy that he will marry his daughter off to someone she didn't love. I stopped dead in my tracks and gaped at my father, in shock. 

The man faced me; I looked at him up and down. I gotta say, he looks handsome. Ruffled brown hair that gave him that boyish look although he was wearing a suit, an expensive looking one at that. He has a built that could have any woman wanting him, he exudes confidence. *Maybe, too much confidence I thought.

My father continued, “He’s quite an accomplished young man for his age. I think you’ll find him…” he paused searching for the right word “…interesting.”

The man walked straight towards me smiling, he tilted my chin up so that I would look at him “It’s very unlady-like to open your mouth like that, hon.” I watched him as his smile turned into a smirk and as if on cue, to my embarrassment, the papers I was holding fell to the floor.

I can’t believe the nerve of this guy! Who does he think he is?! Calling me hon, embarrassing me in front of my father and it’s not very gentleman of him!

I glared at him; he just chuckled and put his hands in his pockets, feeding my anger.

Calm down Seo JooHyun… 1, 2, 3…. 10.

I took a step back. “Excuse me, Yongwha-ssi but I don’t think we’re close enough for that, don’t you think?”

He looked at me up and down and whistled, “You look hot angry hon.” He smiled wide, he’s enjoying this!

That’s it. “Good day father, Yongwha-ssi.” I bowed to them and without another word, I walked out the door, dripping with unexpressed anger. How dare him!

I heard him yell, “See you soon, sweet cheeks!” but I didn't even turn. I’m sure he has that smirk plastered on his face. I'm supposed to live with him for the rest of my life! I'm already dreading the future... Aigoo...

I hope I wouldn't have to see him again.