Chapter 9

Give me love

Give me love: Chapter 9


I stared at his retreating back, my hands, trembling, trying desperately to hold the rose.

Dear God, I guess angels don’t stay here on earth for long huh? He belongs in the heavens with you. I don’t deserve to have him here beside me. Komawo! Though it was just for a short time, thank you for letting me be with him…

I sank down to the floor. I wish the ground would swallow me up. Tears started to flow, he didn’t even look back. I heard an engine starting and tires screeching, He’s gone now.

I smiled weakly and held the rose close to my heart. “I’ll never forget you… komawo.”

I heard my phone ring, “Yobeseo?”

“Hyunnie! Where are you, are you okay?! Listen, the girls called me... ARE YOU CRYING?!” MinHo continued ranting on the other end.

I sniffed. “No, oppa…” I need my best friend right now.

“Are you hurt?” MinHo asked, he sounded really worried.

“It’s my heart oppa. It hurts so much… oppa, what do I do?” he was silent for a moment.

“Where are you? I’m coming…” he said.

“Home oppa… hurry please.” I pleaded with him.

“Are you alone?” Alone… I cried harder. “D-De oppa.” He ended the call. Minutes later I was still crying, I heard the door bust open downstairs. “HYUN!” I just cried and cried.

“Here you are…” he stopped when he saw me. I guess, he has never seen me so broken before.

“Oppa…” I stood up and went into his arms. “Shhh… everything is going to be fine. Oppa’s here now.” he caressed my hair. I’ve heard those words before, he used to say it to me when I was having a hard time but those words aren’t enough to comfort me right now.


I waited for oppa at the balcony. He went down to the kitchen to get something to drink. “I thought that we could just have tea but seeing you, I brought you this.” He raised a bottle of champagne and produced two glasses. I felt a pang in my heart at the memory. I smiled, like my masked man.

I drank the glass of champagne MinHo handed me, “more please…”

“Thirsty are we?” he smirked and filled my glass again. “So Hyunnie, what’s wrong?”

I exhaled deeply. I started telling him about everything. About the masked man, YongWha and what happened that night. I looked at the sky, it’s almost sunrise. Minho did the same, probably pondering on what to say.

Ha, maybe he thinks I’m crazy now.

“So… You don’t know who this masked man is? And you have no clue as to who he might be?” I shook my head. I didn’t bother much with who he is. I know, when I’m with him, I’m safe.

“He comes and goes as he pleases but it funny that he always arrives at the times when I needed him the most.” Almost like its destiny or fate for me to find him. “Like it was meant for him to find me, fate should you say.”

“What about YongWha? It seems like you’re more than friend’s now.” he took a sip of champagne. I know it’s a lot to take in Oppa.

“We’re not friends as per se, we’re not lovers either.” Actually, YongWha is another mystery to me. I need more champagne.

He kept touching his chin in deep thought. “What do you want to know?”

What I want to know? Huh? I wasn’t quite ready for that question. I shrugged my shoulders, honestly, I don’t know. I’m confused myself and the champagne is not helping me clear my thoughts.

MinHo sighed, “You love them both right?” I looked at him pointedly, “okay, let’s say you’re not quite there yet, you’re falling in love with the both of them.” I relaxed. MinHo continued what he was going to say, “I think you should be with YongWha.”

My mouth hang open, I wasn’t expecting him to say that. “Why do you say so?” What is he thinking?

“Easy, You liked the masked man first right?” I nodded, where is he going with this? “Yet you still fell for YongWha.” I shot him a glare. “You’re falling for him Hyunnie, why can’t you accept the truth? That the one you really love is YongWha. Is it because the masked man is easier to love, less complicated because he just shows up when you need him the most? On the other hand, here comes YongWha barging into your life, taking you out to dates, making you feel things you’ve never felt before, you kissed him in the middle of the park for god sakes plus it was raining! YOU. LOVE. YONGWHA.”

“I don’t. He’s just my…” I denied it, flat out.

“Your what hyun? He's already your fiance.” MinHo said cutting me off. “Don’t take the easy way out hyun. I know it’s hard, denying him at first then ending up falling for him… Don’t believe me? Go to him, See for yourself.”

I grabbed the whole bottle and drank it without using a glass. The sun has risen now. It’s magnificent.

I went into my room, got dressed in a hurry and ran out yelling “Komawo, oppa!”

“YAH! I’ll be your best man at the wedding, ara?” he smiled.

Komawo oppa… I’m sorry you have to listen to all of that.



I drove like crazy. I have to see him. I haven’t heard from him since he dropped me off at the office 2 days ago and I admit, I kinda miss him.

I went straight in without knocking and saw him at the sofa. He must be tired from working and lounged directly at the sofa.

*poor hubby…

I knelt down and shook him lightly, “Yong… yong wake up.” He just grumbled. I touched his forehead. HE’S BURNING! I MEAN HE’S HOT! GAAAAHH HE HAS A FEVER! I started to panic.

“You have a fever! OMO! WHAT TO DO!?”

Seo JooHyun relax, it’s not the first time. You took care of MinHo oppa when he got sick right. Okay, you can do this.“Oppa, can you stand?” sleeping on the sofa must be uncomfortable. I must bring him to bed.

He shook his head. “Can you sit down instead?” He moved. I help him up, his left arm to my shoulder, my right arm around his waist supporting him. Staggering we went up to his room..

“Almost there oppa, hang on there a little.” We’re almost at the door, went in and I tried to put him into bed. 

I had a hard time putting him into bed, until I lost my balance and we fell. OMO! He’s lying on top of me, our lips touching, YAHHHH SEO HYUN! The man’s sick. Right, right. Gently I squirmed from under him and got out then I help him move into a more comfortable position.

He’s should be in more comfortable clothes…

GAHH! SEOHYUN BE STRONG!

I grabbed a loose shirt and boxers from his closet. This should do. I went back in the room and started undressing him. I removed his coat, and then I started ing him.

*I feel like a ert…

I successfully removed his upper clothes and replaced it with his shirt. Now for the finale! I have to remove his pants. Ugh, how do I do this? I started by unbuckling his belt, he grabbed my hand and opened his eyes. “I’ll do it…” I blushed furiously. “You’re ill…” I said. “Let me, I can’t have a woman undressing me so please.” I withdrew my hand and handed him his boxers. “Arasso. I’ll cook you some porridge.” I went down so that he can change. That was so embarrassing! My face probably looks like a tomato now. I went down to the kitchen and saw that it was a complete mess. Broken pieces of glass were everywhere. What happened here? oh well, I picked up a broom and cleaned up the mess.

Finally, I can start cooking. I finished it faster than expected, I placed the porridge in a bowl and got some medicine and water. I headed up the stairs. He’s asleep, I don’t want to wake him but he should eat and take his medicine. “Hon, sit down. I’ll feed you.” He followed what I ordered and I fed him porridge, and then I gave him his medicine. “Drink this…”

“Komawo Hyun… I don’t think what I’ll do without you.” He said through his hoarse voice.

There it is again, the butterflies. Maybe MinHo oppa is right after all…

“Wait, don’t leave me please…” he pleaded with me, his eyes in agony. How could I ever resist this man?

I shook my head and smiled, “No I won’t. I’ll stay here ‘till you get better.” He relaxed and sank back down under the covers.

“I hope I don’t get well if it means you leaving me…” he murmured.

“Did you say something.” He just shook his head and closed his eyes.

I picked up his clothes to take to the laundry basket, while I was walking; something fell out from the pocket. I struggled to pick it up. Once I had it in my hand, I looked to see what it was. My eyes widened in shock.

 

 

 

NO, IT CAN’T BE. THIS CAN'T BE TRUE.

 

 


I felt my knees weaken, making me sink to the floor, holding the object, tears started flowing…