Chapter 4

Give me love

Give me love: Chapter 4



That night I couldn’t sleep. I kept tossing and turning on my bed. I checked the clock… 11pm ugh, this isn’t good. I need some sleep. I stood up, put on my robe and went downstairs. Maybe, a glass of water would help me sleep. I was walking back up *hmmm… that cold glass of water felt good. I entered the room; funny did I turn on the lamp? It seems brighter in my room than when I went down earlier and it smells of… lavender?

I was stunned, I stopped by the foyer. My room, it had scented candles all over the place… How?

I felt a gust of wind pass by. Oh, I left the balcony doors open. 

*Omo…

My masked man, he’s there. Standing by the glass balcony doors in his usual black suit and mask, the moon in the background adding more mystery to this man. My jaw dropped and I had to struggle to pick it up! So he’s responsible for this… *geez.

“Dance with me.” *oooohh… My jaw got heavier by the second. I couldn’t bring myself to move. He wants me to dance with him, right now?

No Seo, tomorrow. Yes, now dummy!

He started walking towards me, my eyes widened. He grabbed my left hand and led me through the glass doors, to the balcony. I just followed him. Oh, tonight’s a full moon. I felt his heated stare at my face, I glanced at him. He smiled, gloriously. Sweet, Jesus. I think I’m going to collapse! If it wasn’t for the fact that he’s holding my hand, then I would probably pass out cold on the floor by now.

“But there’s no music…” he said he wanted to dance right?

He takes my right hand and places it on his left chest, above his heart. Omo, I quickly tried to remove it but he held it there. Aigoo~ the floor looks more appealing right now. Just looking at him holding my hand firmly is making me really really dizzy. I am going to faint!

“Do you feel it?” I stared at him confused. feel what..?

“The beat of the music…” he continued to answer my unspoken question.

*ohhh… his heart, it’s pounding heavily. “D-De...”

Feeling brave I put my arms around his neck. WHAT? He said he wanted to dance right…? He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me close. OMO! HE’S HUGGING ME! His right hand traveled up to my cheek, he slowly tilted my head so that my face is resting on his chest. “Uhm…” I felt my face redden.

“Shhh… Just let me hold you like this. 10 minutes, Hyun. Don’t let me go.”
I’m losing my sanity here… but I held him tighter in my arms.

*he might disappear again...

I raised my head up for a moment and our eyes met. Those eyes, were the same eyes I saw when he was about to get in his car. Full of sorrow and sadness, I wish I could make him happy. I placed my head back down to his chest; I can hear his heart beat louder and louder. We just stayed like that, I don’t know for how long, for hour’s maybe. I don’t know. Strange, how I feel very comfortable in his arms when I barely even know him.

“I have to go...” he said. No, not yet. I felt something drop on my cheek. Is he… crying?

He pulled back. “No, please don’t go yet.” He shook his head and gave out a weak smile. His tears falling down his cheek.

*I want to wipe your tears away…

“Come, let’s take you to bed. You need some sleep.” he entered my room and I followed him. One by one he blew off the candles. I climbed into bed and he tucked me in, he kissed my forehead, it felt warm… I felt dizzy and moments later I dozed off.



I woke up in the morning; I couldn’t believe everything that happened. Was it a dream? I slapped my face, hard. Hoping it would explain everything but sadly it only gave me a red cheek.

I stretched, climbed out of bed.

*huh… no candles, so it was just a dream.

I felt disappointed. It all felt so real. Oh well, it was too good to be true anyway. *sigh…



I took a bath and dressed myself in a light blue dress and black pumps. I tied my hair back and put on some light makeup, looked at myself in the mirror. Absentmindedly, I touched my forehead, the spot where I felt him kiss me or rather dreamt he kissed me last night.

*too bad it was just a dream though…



I went down to cook myself breakfast. A glass on the countertop caught my attention, so I really did came down last night to drink water. I ran back up the stairs to my room, I ran straight to the balcony. There I saw a rose *he seems to have a knack for roses. Attached to it was the same black card, embossed in silver writings it read…

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, I can’t be with you.

 

 

 

 

 


I stared at the card.

*he can’t be with me…?



Ding Dong Ding Dong. I snapped out of my dazed expression. Someone is at the door. I placed the rose on the crystal vase with the rest of the roses he gave me. Went down to check to see who was at the door.

I opened the door. “Good Morning.” Why is YongWha so happy?

I opened the door wider to let him in. yaaaaah, how does he know where I live? I raised one eyebrow at him. he made his way to the couch in the living room. I closed the door and followed him in in. “Why are you here and how do you know where I live?” I said, crossing my arms.

“Easy, your dad gave me your address. Let’s go, you need to go to work right? I’ll take you.” That caught me by surprise… he’s being helpful

I went to get my purse. I came back in the living room to see him watching tv. “Let’s go.” I said to him.

We sat in silence in his car. Stopping for the red light, he looked at me “Wanna go out later?”

I couldn’t resist him not after yesterday. I accepted “D-De.”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at your office later. What time do you go out?” he asked me. The light turned green and his eyes were back on the road. “Around 5pm.” I answered him.

Stopping at my office, I bowed slightly and thanked him for the ride “De, Kasahamnida.” and walked towards my building.


I was entering my office. I saw my assistant Yoona, on her desk was a waiting goguma latte for me. “Good Morning SeoHyun. Had a nice date yesterday? I heard your fiancé took you out on a date.” She looked at me almost giggling. Must be happy for me, haven’t started dating for a long time.

“De, it was just a casual date. We’re just getting to know each other.” She frowned slightly as if she just received some bad news. For God sakes, it was because of an arranged marriage. We’re NOT LOVERS, YET.



I wasn’t able to concentrate much at work. On board meetings, my name would usually be mentioned to call my attention. My thoughts were running around my masked man, the way he held me last night and his tears…

*I can’t be with you…

What does he mean? He doesn’t want to be with me but he keeps on popping up everywhere, it’s so confusing.

Yoona had to cough to get my attention, “Erm… SeoHyun. It’s already 5pm.” 5pm? I didn’t realize it was already time to go. WAIT 5PM!? YONGWHA!!

“You can go now, Yoona. I’ll just tidy things up.” Yoona smiled and made her way out of my office. I need to hurry, Yongwha would be waiting. Wait, why am I worrying? He can wait all he likes…


After 15min I finished organizing my things and went out of my office. Going out through the doors, *geez, it’s getting dark out hope it doesn’t rain though.

I went out and saw Yongwha leaning on his convertible, he’s wearing a plain white shirt and jeans. He looks good.

*hmmm… no suit.

His eyes caught mine and he smiled wide. My heart stopped a beat. Well, my fiancé looks hot, you can’t blame me. I made my way to him.

“Nice to see you, Mr. Jung.” I smiled at him. he opened my door for me, once I’m safely in he closes the door and went around the car. “Glad to see you too, Mrs. Jung.” I shot him a glare and he laughed then started the car. I don’t know why but that sounded good, it sounded... right.

We went to this park. What are we going to do here? We walked around a bit, we entered an ice cream shop nearby and YongWha insisted that he would pay. He’s like a child, whining all the time. So I let him pay for my ice cream. We thanked the ahjumma, “What a beautiful looking couple. You should get married soon and make beautiful babies!” 

“D-De?” I blushed at what the ahjumma said. YongWha however bowed and smiled at the ahjumma, “De, I’ll make sure to marry her. Kasahamnida.” He said pointing at me. What? Great, now she thinks we’re lovers now. Thank you very much hubby.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the store before I could clarify to the ahjumma that we're not lovers.

We continued walking in the park. It’s getting really dark; I think it’s going to rain.



“You like ice cream?” I asked YongWha. He looked at me “D-De. Someone I knew back then always used to take me out and buy me ice cream.” He looked away. Why is he stuttering?

“Is it your mom?” I asked. He looked pained. Oh great, I should really think about what I say first before it comes out from my mouth. Looking far away he said, “No but she was a good friend of my mother.”

*ohhh he looks so sad…

I held his hand and intertwined our fingers. He looked at me shocked. I just smiled at him, he smiled back. Rain started pouring. Oh great.

“Omo, Let’s go we’re going to get drenched!” I started to pull on his hand. It rained even harder this time. “We’re all ready soaked, might as well make the most of it.” He tugged at my hand suddenly and good thing he was there to catch me. I landed in his arms. Our eyes met and there it was again, THE BUTTERFLIES.

And there we were, in the middle of the park, getting drenched in the rain, him holding me in his strong arms. I blushed furiously. He stared at my eyes then down at my lips. He’s face started to move closer to mine, slowly… feeling the moment. Moving until there was barely an inch left… he held me tighter in his arms.




*Omo, my heart! It's beating furiously… Can he feel it?