Roses are red

Lock And Key

 

Silence. 
Total silence and stillness, not even the wind blew, not even the birds flew; the whole world paused, the whole world but two people- Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum.

"I love you." Kibum whispered, holding the large bunch of red roses from his one and only love.

"I love you more honey." Jonghyun took hold of his lovers trembling hands. "And I'm sorry it had to come to this."

"I'll be okay." Kibum blatantly lied.

"I'll be thinking of you all the time." Jonghyun told him.

"I know." Kibum held back the tears from his eyes, eyes that displayed his emotions like a painting on the wall.

Jonghyun forced himself to smile. "When I'm back I will make sure you have the best time of your life." He said, sounding a million times more confident than he felt. In fact  he wall full up with so much doubt that there was no room for any hope, but he didn't want Kibum to see that. The last thing he wanted was to see was Kibum loosing hope of everything right in front of his eyes.

"Okay." Kibum replied.

Jonghyun was now relying on fate that Kibum's belief would be enough for both of them.

"Stay safe." Jonghyun said and kissed Kibum goodbye- a goodbye that was likely to be the last so he savored the sweet taste of the kiss. Jonghyun deepened the kiss and they showed the other all their love through their passion, until finally they had to part for air.

"You too, and good luck." Kibum smiled sadly. 
"Thank you." The elder said, feeling like shattered glass inside. Despite this he smiled and placed one of the roses behind Kibum's ear, it looked pretty on him.

The whistle blew. Time to say final words had come and gone so easily.

"I love you." They both mouthed to each other as Jonghyun went will all the other soldiers, giving a salute back as a final goodbye.

Kibum was left with the ladies, stood in tears as they watched the soldiers drive away in their old, dark green vans. Finally he let out the tears he had managed to hold in; salted water trickled down his pale face. 
--------
Lastly Kibum placed a red rose behind his ear, just as Jonghyun had done that day. Red was a symbol of love and passion, but it was also the colour of blood. He said when he came back that he would make sure Kibum had the best time of his life, he should have said if. Kibum had kept hope because the reality hadn't really hit him, and he couldn't honestly said he had felt the impact yet ether. Instead it was just as if after that day, and even more so after the tragic news, his humanly emotions had been away from him; the shining eyes that used to be open doors into his story were now firmly locked. In a way his spirit was already detached from his body so now was just letting it go.

The wind blew gently against Kibum's skin and the city chaos below him faded as everything became just a background; It was only him there, nothing and nobody else- just him.

One
Two
Three

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Please do comment, I'd love to know what you think of these short oneshots <3