Chapter 5

Crossed Destinies

CHAPTER 5

 

Doojoon was at the bar drinking by himself, he was confused with what he was feeling, his sudden interest for Hyosung was unsettling. “Damn it.” He told himself, “And a friend’s ex-girlfriend most of all.”

“What was that sir?” the bartender asked.

“Oh. Nothing, I was talking to myself. Sorry.” He apologized. The bartender nodded and continued wiping glasses. Doojoon looked at him curiously. “Hey, Mr. Bartender-ssi!” he called out. The bartender moved closer to him, “If you were to like a friend’s ex-girlfriend and you’re really, really interested in her, would you make a move on her?”

“Sir, I believe I would.” The bartender answered politely.

“Why?” Doojoon asked.

“It is as you said a “friend’s ex-girlfirend” am I correct? I believe that would be fair game and in all respect sir, I wouldn’t want to keep wondering what would’ve happened if I didn’t make a move. YOLO.”  The bartender smiled before leaving him for another customer.

“YOLO.” Doojoon nodded, “I need some fresh air.” He got up w/ his drink and went out the back door.

 

 

Hyosung was getting tipsy but she was having a lot of fun. “I can’t believe I’ve never did this before.” She told 4Minute’s Hyuna, who was also Joon’s girlfriend.

Hyuna laughed, “Take it easy unnie! You aren’t supposed to like it so much.”

“What’s not to like?” Hyosung said excitedly, she stood up and danced.

 

When she first entered the room earlier, everyone was stunned, “Hyosung unnie! You look great!” Nicole from KARA exclaimed, then everyone started complimenting her. “We missed you.” said most of the girls, “You look great.” were from the boys. That gained her more confidence. Earlier, they had talked w/ G.Na, “I love how you are right now.” She had told Hyosung. Hyosung smiled, “Please always be like this Hyo.”

“Like what unnie?” she asked.

“Smiling like you don’t care about tomorrow.” Hyosung nodded, “And also can you change that thing?” Hyosung looked at her inquisitively, “You know, that thing where you always have to worry about what others think about you!” G.Na pointed at her accusingly.

Hyosung laughed again, “Arasso unnie!” she hugged G.Na.

 

Sunhwa handed her a glass of martini, “Here you go unnie.”

“Thanks Sunhwa.”

“Can you still drink though?” Sunhwa asked with concern.

Hyosung smiled at her, “Of course silly, I’m kinda tipsy but I still know what I’m doing. I’m just really happy right now. Sunhwa nodded and joined the others. Hyosung took a sip of her drink before putting it on the table, she grabbed her black clutch bag and excused herself. She headed for the restroom which was located in the hallway of the V.I.P Rooms across from theirs. From the hallway was another short hallway toward the male and female restrooms, The male‘s was in the right side while the females in the left, in the center was a wide mirror and three marbled sink. Hyosung went to the far end sink beside the female restroom’s door, she took out a red lipstick from her bag. As she was applying it, somebody got out from the male restroom, she ignored it.

“Well, well, look who we have here.” A mocking voice said to her right. She froze and stopped halfway of applying her lipstick, she recognized whom it belonged to. She composed herself and continued what she was doing.

“What a surprise. You’re here too.” She answered him sarcastically, trying to control her emotions.

Kikwang scoffed, she was the first thing he saw when he got out of the restroom, he went to the sink beside her, leaning his back on it, “So does a bite come w/ that hiss?” he continued while looking at her from the side.

Hyosung glared at his reflection in the mirror, “What do you want?” she asked angrily.

“Just wanted to see your outfit up close.” he said indifferently.

She turned to him rapidly w/ a hurt expression in her face and looked him in the eye, he stared back with a smirk on his face. “You’re drunk.” she stated and started to leave.

He blocked her with his arm on the wall, he looked at her up and down, “What? So because you’re single, it gives you the freedom to dress like a to get other men’s attention? We’ll you’ve sure got my attention, how much for a night?”

Hyosung slapped Kikwang hard, his lower lip bled, but he still didn’t let her pass, Kikwang laughed then looked at Hyosung, once he saw Hyosung he was surprised, Hyosung was looking at him in anger, tears spilling. He immediately sobered up, he blinked, he was rattled, this was the first time he had seen Hyosung crying, he dropped his arm, his expression suddenly bothered, Hyosung passed by him, he grabbed her wrist, “Hyosung-ah. I didn’t mean it..I-I..” he stammered.

Tears were still pouring down from Hyosung’s cheeks, “Please let me go, Kikwang-ssi.” Hyosung said through clenched teeth.

He didn’t let go, “Hy-hyosung-ah, I-I’m sorr..”

Hyosung turned around, “I don’t need your apology! Please just let me go. Haven’t you done enough?” she said weakly while looking him in the eye.

He was taken aback, he released his hold on her. She left immediately, he helplessly stared at her retreating back. It was déjà vu for the both them but now it was Kikwang holding on to her and Hyosung leaving. He regretted it, he could not believe he stooped so low as to hurt her intentionally, he had been angry and jealous of the attention she had been getting from others the whole night and it frustrated him that he no longer had the right to be. He looked to his right and stared at his reflection in disgust, “AAAHH” he screamed and charged, punching the mirror, it shattered all over the place, a piece cutting him in the cheek, he leaned his clenched fists in the sink, staring at the pieces of mirror in his fist while blood continued to drip, he just stared at it for a while.

“Yah!” What the hell?!” somebody screamed from behind him, someone suddenly grabbed his bleeding hand and run it under the running water, another person screaming in his left ear, “ What the hell happened?”, he was still staring at his bleeding hand w/c was being wrapped w/ a necktie, he couldn’t focus. He heard the other guy next to him telling someone that everything was ok and that he accidentally broke the glass when he leaned on it. He looked at him, it was Yoseob, “We will compensate for the damages, please include it in our tab” he was talking to the club manager, the manager agreed, “Do you need first aid?” he asked, “Yes please, we’ll be in the room.” Yoseob answered, the manager nodded and left to get a first aid kit and call a janitor. Kikwang looked at the other person taking care of his injury, it was Junhyung.

“Yah! What happened? Did you get into a fight?” Yoseob asked while looking around then back at the cut in Kikwang’s cheek and swollen bottom lip.

“I-I fell, it broke.” he said softly.

Yoseob looked at him w/ an expression that said he didn’t buy it, “You must be drunk, let’s go back to the dorm.”

“No, I’m fine, let’s continue drinking.” He said. Yoseob looked at him w/ doubt written all over his face, he nodded his head w/ hesitation and led the way. Kikwang glanced at Junhyung, Junhyung shook his head, his expression clearly showing he had an idea what caused this. Kikwang looked down at his injured hand wrapped in Junhyung’s necktie, he followed Yoseob w/ Junhyung behind. Once inside the room Yoseob announced to everyone what had happened. Kikwang was not paying any attention to any of them, he was looking at Joon’s room, Hyosung was nowhere in sight, instead, Sunhwa was looking at him from across the room, a sneer on her face. He looked away and grabbed a drink. Junhyung sat behind him and patted his back, he nodded slowly, he just continued drinking ignoring everyone else, It hasn’t been even 24 hours and I’ve managed to push her farther away from me, he thought miserably.

“Yah! Doojoon just sent me a message, he’s already left.” Hyunseung said loudly.

 

 

Hyosung ran down stairs and straight out a door she assumed was the back door, her vision was blurry w/ tears still streaming down her face, she burst the door open and tripped, she didn’t get up. “Hyosung-ssi?” somebody held her up. She looked above her, she could not recognize who it was but she got up she hugged the person and continued to cry in his arms.

 

 

Doojoon looked at the top of Hyosungs head, while she was hugging him, he took his coat off and wrapped it around her shoulders, he then hugged her w/ hesitation. He was actually about to go back inside when someone suddenly burst out the door, he had recognized Hyosung immediately since she has been on his mind the whole night. “Do you want to get out of here?” He whispered, the crying Hyosung nodded her head slowly. He reached for his phone w/ his right hand and sent Hyunseung a message. He led Hyosung towards where his car was parked, making sure there were no by-standers that would see them. He opened the door for Hyosung then led her in, once he was inside the driver’s side he looked towards Hyosung, she was quietly looking out the window but Doojoon could see her reflection, tears were still falling down her face. He started the car and drove a way.

A little while later, he handed a warm can of tea to Hyosung, she had been staring at the river, her arms around her legs, her shoes behind her, “Here you go.” He said. They were at an empty portion of the Han River. She looked up at him smiling weakly while accepting the drink, she put the warm can in her face while adjusting the coat Doojoon had lent her. Doojoon sat down beside her, opening his can of beer, he took a gulp and looked at her, “Do you feel better?”

She looked at him, her smile brighter, “Yes, thank you.” She took out her phone and dialed a number, “Sunhwa-yah.” A screeching voice answered her from the other line, “Hey, I’m ok, I just felt tired and suddenly wanted to get out of there, I’m sorry, please don’t worry, I’m at Han river w/ Doojoon-ssi. See you at home. Take care too.” She ended the call and smiled at him, “It’s Sunhwa.” she volunteered.

Her smile flustered him, he smiled back “I thought you were going to fill up the river w/ your tears.” He joked.

Hyosung laughed, “Silly.” She said. She looked at him w/ seriousness, “Doojoon-ssi.” He looked at her, “Thank you and I’m sorry.” She smiled, “I’m so embarrassed.”

Doojoon nodded, “No problem. Cheers.” They toasted. “Want to talk about it” he asked.

Hyosung stayed quiet for a minute, she looked at him, “Could I though? You know who it is about right?” she asked.

Doojoon turned his head to face her, he smiled apologetically.

Hyosung nodded. “It’s nothing really,” she sighed, “It’s more because I let the things he says affect me too much. Sad huh?” she smiled then looked towards the river.

He continued to observe her, he was getting more enamored by the minute, he didn’t know what happened but based on Kikwangs reactions earlier, he knew he had done something but here was Hyosung who still blamed herself over something that may have not been her fault. “It is, kinda.” he said honestly.

She looked at him, a little shocked, she laughed, “Well, that was blunt.”

“Sorry.” He apologized

“It is true after all.” She smiled sadly, “Doojoon-ssi, did he ever talk about me, like if he was proud of me or something more?” she asked curiously.

“Honestly?” he asked. She nodded, “Never.” He said softly. He looked at her, a look of defeat on her face. He felt sad for her, “Sorry.” He said once again.

“Hey, enough w/ your apologies.” She tried to laugh it off but tears threatened to fall again. She hid her face with her hands. Doojoon went closer to her, not really knowing what else to do so he kept quiet, staring at the river.

Hyosung was trying her best to control her emotions. I’ll be damned if I cry a second time this night for that jerk, she thought to herself. She sniffed and wiped the tears w/ her arm, she faced Doojoon, “You know what’s really frustrating?! I don’t even know why he broke up w/ me in the first place! Hell! I don’t even know why he wanted me as his girlfriend!!” she told him angrily, he was startled. “And to top that off, he had the nerve to insult me so many times today and it hasn’t even been a day since we’ve seen each other since the break-up! I honestly don’t understand what it is about me that he hates so much for him to be doing these things!!” she continued, she stood up and ran to the edge of the river, “YAAAAHHHH!!! LEE KIKWANG, YOU JERK!!! FROM NOW ON YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT TO AND IM NOT GOING TO CARE ANYMORE!!!ROT IN HELL LEE KIKWAAAAAAAANG!!!” she shouted at the top of her lungs. She was breathing heavily, suddenly remembering that Doojoon was behind her. She paused before turning slowly towards Doojoon.

 

Doojoon was stunned when Hyosung was screaming. He had his mouth from a perfect “O”. Hyosung turned and she was looking at him, she was blushing, biting her bottom lip and her brows furrowed, it was just too cute and funny, he paused for a while, staring at her expression, suddenly he started laughing then she started laughing, all of a sudden they were both laying in the ground laughing like there was no tomorrow. 

 

 

“Unnie, where the hell are you?! I’ve been calling you!” Sunhwa shrieked, talking on her cellphone, “All right then unnie. Please take care. Bye.” Hyosung may think that she had fooled her but she knew something was going on and she knew whose fault it was exactly, news had spread in their room that apparently, Kikwang had broken a mirror. She wondered how it led to a situation that her unnie was w/ Doojoon but she didn’t worry, she knew Doojoon was a good person. She thought about what she heard earlier, Kikwang still had unsettled feelings for Hyosung, to what extent, she wasn’t sure of, she wanted to know. She excused herself and headed to the bar, Perfect timing, she thought, Kikwang was there as well, smoking, she stood a meter away from him and ordered a drink, Kikwang glanced at her, he had a swollen bottom lip, a band aid on his cheek and his hand bandaged. He avoided her gaze, she wanted to take what little revenge she could get for her unnie, she went closer to him, “Hyosung unnie isn’t here anymore.” she offered, she didn’t get any reaction from him, he continued smoking his cigarette, “Apparently, she’s with your friend.” He suddenly stopped smoking, that was what she was exactly waiting for, “Doo-joon-ssi.” she said slowly, he turned his face to her, anger swept in through his features, he got up and picked up his pack of cigarettes, he was about to leave when Sunhwa called out, “Kikwang-ssi.” he stopped, she went closer, “Funny to see how much you’re so affected by this” she gloated, sarcasm dripping in her words but he continued to listen, “I guess I wouldn’t have to cut your balls for going near my unnie anymore since you’re doing a pretty good job at doing it yourself instead.” he stormed off. She smiled w/ satisfaction, picked up her drink and continued the party.

 

 

Kikwang was fuming mad, he had been trying to call Doojoon for more than an hour now, again, the voice machine picked up, “YYYAAAAHHHH!!!!!” he screamed into the phone, the others looked at him but were too drunk ,besides, he had been really unpredictable this whole night that they were too tired to care anymore. He was glad though that the girls had left. He tossed his phone on the table and grabbed the bottle of whiskey he had just ordered. He had drunk the most that night in his entire life.