Chapter 7

Crossed Destinies

CHAPTER 7

 

 

Kikwang opened his eyes, everything was spinning, he closed it again, he had an ear-splitting headache, “Damn it.” he said weakly. He tried to get up, he wanted a cold shower, he struggled to get himself up, when he was standing, he suddenly felt dizzy, he held on to the walls, using it as support to get to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom, he took off his clothes and went into the shower, he turned it on and leaned his arms at the wall in front of him, staring at the water drain below him, he stayed that way for a long time, enjoying the cold water trickle down his body. He was thinking of last night’s events, he didn’t remember how he got home but he remembered everything else. He lifted his head to look at the wound in his fist, I made Hyosung cry, he slammed his palm against the wall. When he was done, he took his towel and rubbed his head w/ it, he still had a headache but at least he felt better, even a little, he looked at himself in the mirror vaguely touching the cut in his cheek and his bottom lip, suddenly remembering  the slap Hyosung had given him, he tried to shake it off. He headed for his room w/ the towel wrapped around his waist, he could hear some of the members voices but ignored it. He got changed and grabbed a tonic for hangovers from their ref. He grabbed his pack of cigarettes and sunglasses and went to the balcony, he put on his sunglasses, gulped the tonic, lit a cigarette and lay down on the sun chair, staring at the sky above him. Hyosung. he thought, replaying everything he did to her yesterday and last night. I’m crazy, I really am. He remembered her tears, he had never seen her cry when they were together, even when they had fights, he had seen her teary-eyed but never crying. He closed his eyes, he felt so sorry for the way he acted towards her last night and he didn’t know if she would even talk to him again. The sunlight still hurt his eyes even through his sunglasses, he blocked it w/ his hand, he saw the wound on his knuckles, he had forgotten about that, his hand was a mess, it was painful but he welcomed the pain also that he felt like because of the hangover. I deserve this, he told himself, I definitely deserve this, he repeated over and over again, ingraining it, a way to punish himself.

 

Kikwang burst in the door. Hyosung was waiting for him in the staircase.

“Hyosung-ah!” he called out excitedly.

Hyosung ran to him w/ a hug, “Kwangie! You did it!” she squealed. “Congratulations! I knew you guys would win!” It was BEASTs first win on a music show.

Kikwang hugged her tightly w/ a big smile on his face. “Thank you for being here for me always Hyo.” He pulled himself apart to look at Hyosungs face. “Did you notice how I put you in my Thank You speech?”

Hyosung was looking at his chest, “Yes.” She said softly.

“Wait, are you crying?” Kikwang lowered his head to look at her face.

Hyosung looked up at him. “I’m not.” He saw that she was teary-eyed. He laughed and hugged her again. Hyosung laughed along.

When Kikwang was giving his thank you speech, he had managed to say “Hyo, love you” w/o the meaning being obvious to anyone but Hyosung.

He kissed Hyosung on the forehead, “I don’t know what I would do without you.” He said.

 

Kikwang sighed, lost in his memories, he felt more miserable. He didn’t know how to and where to begin to fix every mistake he did. I deserve this, he said once again before drifting to sleep.

 

 

Hyosung, Zinger and Jieun were out shopping. She was having a great time. They stopped at a coffee shop for a break.

Zinger and Jieun were talking about what happened at the radio show last night. Hyosungs thought were elsewhere, trailing off to the things that happened to her last night, she still could not believe how Kikwang treated her, it frustrated her that she felt affected by the things he did and said to her but then there was Dojoon, she didn’t know what would have happened if he wasn’t there when she left the club, she was thankful but she found it ironic that of all people, it was Dojoon who had come to her rescue, somebody close to Kikwang. Her thoughts were disturbed w/ her message tone, she picked up her phone. The other two were still talking to each other.

Dojoon: What kind of coffee are you having? ^^

Hyosung laughed, remembering that she had told him earlier they were going to a café.

Hyosung: Vanilla Machiatto. Yum (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

Dojoon: I’ll get that too then. Must be really delicious since you’re smiling like that.

Hyosung was surprised at his message. She looked up to scan the café and then there he was, leaning on the counter w/ a smile, waving at her. She laughed out loud.

“Daebak.” Zinger and Jieun said in unison when they saw Dojoon.

Dojoon walked up to them, he bowed to them in greeting and they bowed back, he turned to Hyosung who was smiling w/ her other eyebrow arched. “Hey.” He greeted her, laughing.

“What are you doing here?” Hyosung asked in amusement.

“It was just a coincidence, I swear.” He said defensively. The girls laughed. “Actually I was taking a stroll when I overheard some girls saying that SECRET was here. I was just across the street, how could I not show up?” he laughed shyly.

Hyosung nodded and smiled, “Join us then.”

Dojoon took a seat beside Hyosung. “I actually felt hurt that those girls recognized you but not me.” he said while putting on a hurt expression. The girls laughed again.

“You must’ve been wearing your mask.” Hyosung answered.

“Oh. I was. Silly me.” He joked.

They all continued having a conversation, unaware that a fan or two had taken pictures of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________

 

really short update. sorry :(