Chapter 1

Crossed Destinies

“It’s over, Hyosung-ah.” She looked at the boy she’s been with for over a year and a half now.

“I can’t do this anymore Hyo. I know you’ve noticed how distant I’ve been from you lately. I’m sorry but my feelings for you have changed.”

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing, no, it’s more like she did not want to comprehend what she was hearing but she heard and understood everything. His feelings for me have changed? Just like that? How could that happen? Is that possible? She asked herself those questions in a span of a second.

She grabbed unto his wrist, “What do you mean Kikwang-ah?”

He released her hold on his wrist, “Let’s break-up Hyo. I’m sorry.” And with that he left.

Hyosung stared at his retreating back then at the door he entered in, she just stared until she felt the pain in her chest, “Is this what a shattered heart feels like?” She asked herself until tears started dropping, she wiped her left cheek and stared at the tears in her hands, “Is it real?” She asked herself again.

“Unnie?” She looked at the stairs behind her, it was Sunhwa, she ran down to Hyosung and hugged her.

“Sunhwa-yah” She hugged Sunhwa and that was when she finally broke down.  She sobbed loudly, she didn’t care if anybody would hear her, why should she, it felt like her world has just collapsed, why should she care indeed.  

Sunhwa hu gged her more tightly while whispering words of comfort.  She guided Hyosung down the stairs until it led to the broadcasting stations parking lot. There, their van was already waiting with their manager. Sunhwa called their manager oppa in advance to get the car ready because her unnie wasn’t feeling well. Sunhwa stayed with Hyosung inside the car for a while still hugging her, giving what little comfort she could give her unnie, “Unnie, oppa will bring you home, the girls and I will continue the broadcast, when you get home try to rest ok unnie, we’ll be home in a jiff.”

Hyosung heard and nodded, she lay down on the car seat still sobbing but more quietly.

Jisup, their manager oppa, glanced at Hyosung through the front mirror worriedly, “Hyosung-ah, whatever it is, just cry, cry and let it all out.”

And she did just that.

 

Sunhwa did not mean to eavesdrop earlier, she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was fuming mad, she thought “fuming mad” was an understatement though. Once she got off the elevator she headed straight to BEAST’s waiting room. She knocked on the door really loudly. Yoseob opened it and looked at her, she took a bow and asked, “Anyeonghaseyo, is Kikwang-ssi here by any chance?”

Yoseob bowed back, “Yes he is, come in Sunhwa-ssi.”

She walked past Yoseob, looked around and saw that person, he was sitting on a swirling chair his back from her, unaware that there was someone shooting daggers at him while he was happily talking to someone in the phone. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing, her unnie was crying in pain while this bastard had the gall to be laughing. She headed to him, aware of the curious looks at her of the people in the waiting room.

“Kikwang-ssi.” She said loudly.

He turned around and stood up not realizing who it was.

PAK! Sunhwa slapped him as hard as she could, before she knew it she was being pulled away from Kikwang, “HOW COULD YOU?!” She screamed. “HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER?!?!” She screamed again until she was led out their waiting room.

Yoseob and Doojoon were out the waiting room with Sunhwa, looking around if there were other people loitered around, gladly there were none. They both looked at Sunhwa who was breathing heavily looking really angry, “What’s wrong Sunhwa-ssi?”, “What was that about?” Yoseob and Doojoon asked at the same time.

Sunhwa was suddenly aware who she was with and exhaled to calm herself down. She looked at them both, “You don’t know what that bastard did to my unnie?” she asked.

“Unnie? Who Hyosung-ssi?” Doojoon asked.

“ I can’t believe this,” she told herself, “  ask him and then tell him that if he ever  goes even a centimeter near her, I will cut his balls off,” she emphasized, “ I don’t care even if it’s for broadcast, please tell him that. And I’m sorry I caused a commotion in your waiting room.” She bowed at both of them and left them w/ puzzled looks on their faces.

 

Doojoon and Yoseob stared at her walking away.

“What does Kikwang have to do w/ Hyosung-ssi?” Yoseob asked Doojoon.

“I have no idea, why don’t we go find out.” They both entered the waiting room.

Kikwang had an ice pack on his left cheek with a frown on his face while the other members were asking him why he was slapped, the rest of their staff were either staring at him or whispering with each other.

“I’m sorry but could the dancers and coordis please leave the room for a while” Their manager, Kisung, said loudly.

Once the staff left they all formed a circle around Kikwang. “Kikwang, spill it.” Kisung hyung ordered.

“I-I broke up with her.” He stuttered.

“With who?”, ”What?!”, “Sunhwa-ssi?”, “You had a girlfriend?” they asked at the same time, only Yoseob and Doojoon stayed quiet.

“Give me a minute” Kikwang said.

“Hyosung-ssi.” Doojoon intercepted.

Kikwang looked at him a little surprised. “Yes.” He admitted.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were with her?” Junhyung asked.

“I don’t know, we were busy with the practices and comeback and everything.”

“How long were you together?” Hyunseung asked.

“A year and a half.”

“A year and a half and you had no time to tell us? Is that how little you valued your relationship that it wasn’t important enough to tell us?” Yoseob asked a little frustrated.

“I don’t know, maybe there just wasn’t time to..” Kikwang scrambled.

“So why’d Sunhwa slap you then?” Kisung Hyung asked.

“Beats me, you know how girls are.”

Doojoon looked at him frowning and shaking his head.

“What? Hyosung was ok when I left her.” Kikwang said defensively. He was received w/ frowns from the other members, “She was.”

“By the way, Sunhwa told us to tell you not to ever go near Hyosung  not even a centimeter near or she would cut your balls off.” Yoseob shared. Kiwang nodded and gave a nervous laughter so everybody laughed it off except for Doojoon who had a serious look in his face.

 

Once Sunhwa got in their waiting room she slammed the door and gave out a frustrated shout, “ARGH! JINJA!”

Everybody looked at her. She told everyone in the room what happened. She knew Hyosung wouldn’t mind that she told them because they were very close with each other, even the dancers and the coordis. She knew that these people would stand behind them no matter what happened. After telling them, the mood in the waiting room was somber.  Still they cheered each other to do a good job for Hyosung and went on to record  their stage.

 

Once Jisup oppa left her in the dorm, she went straight to her room until she cried herself to sleep. When she woke up it was 3 in the morning, she subconsciously got up to get changed, it was time to meet Kikwang. Midway, she realized what she was doing, she no longer had that someone to meet. She lay back in her bed then grabbed the doll of a miniature pig with Kikwangs picture as its face, “Kikwang-ah, are goodbyes easy for you? “ she asked the doll softly, with tears starting to fall down her eyes, ”Is it the end then? Once you leave like this? Do you know how hurt I am right now? It hurts soooo much. Why is it so easy for you?” she cried herself to sleep once again

 

BEAST arrived at their dorm after their recording at the broadcast station, Kikwang was in a sulky mood after the talk w/ the boys and the manager hyung. “Was I too harsh? She was ok when I left though, she was quiet yes but she didn’t cry or anything” he told himself, sighing. He headed to his room, lay down on his bed and stared at the ceiling, contemplating. Where did the relationship go wrong? He doesn’t know exactly when he started to lose interest in their relationship, maybe he got bored and tired. Hyosung was always there for him, no matter how busy she was he knew she would make time and ways to meet him when he needed her, she would always be the one to make amends, he was like that too though, maybe only for the first few months of their relationship but when he saw that Hyosung was instantly available for him, he no longer made the effort, yes, he did take advantage, when it was Hyosung who needed him he wouldn’t make an effort to leave his schedeule or he would make up  some lame  excuse if he felt tired and she would always be the one to go to him instead. She was a good girlfriend, heck no, she was the best, accomodating and loving, she never said no to anything. Is that why he got tired and bored of it? And then there were other girls  who suddenly gave him come-hither looks, some even proposed, he didn’t discourage any though, besides, not many knew that he was in a relationship with Hyosung.  He’s been on dates with some of them even, he was thouroughly enjoying his immense popularity and it did get into his head. Juggling his schedule and their relationship stressed him out too. Yes, maybe that’s when he started losing interest in being a boyfriend to someone. And with those thoughts he fell asleep.

 

That was how Hyosung was for the rest of the week,  just in her room, the other members would hang out with her when they were at home, they would bring her food, always her favorites, she would eat around maybe 2-3 spoons at the most and lose interest with it, she just didn’t have the appetite, “You have to eat unnie!” they would always tell her, she knew they’ve been talking to her a lot, “ He isn’t worth it!” they would say, “There are a lot of other guys out there.” But she didn’t hear any of them, she would just ignore them or fall asleep. The crying was constant, it was how she usually fell asleep, the same thoughts kept running through her head, “Why was it so easy for him?” then she would stare at the pig doll and cry then fall asleep.

 

The next week was the goodbye stage for their SHY BOY promotions, the Secret girls headed to the Broadcast station without Hyosung. Thank God their Company CEO was a kind man, he let it pass that Hyosung would not be joining the goodbye stage.

“It’s been over a week and she’s still the same, what should we do?” Jieun asked the other girls.

“Let’s just be there for her, the same thing we do every day.” Zinger answered.

“Kikwang that !” Sunhwa exclaimed.

They got to their waiting room, glad they didn’t bump into the BEAST boys on the way, however they did meet the SISTAR girls in the hallway, Hyorin grabbed Sunhwa’s hand and led her in the corner, “Sunhwa, there are rumours.” Hyorin said.

“What rumours?” asked Sunhwa.

“Some people saw you leading Hyosung unnie down the parking lot and they say she was a wreck, like she was crying really loudly and something like that.” Hyorin said.

Sunhwa looked at her, she did remember that there were a few people who were in the stairway, but she din’t really know who they were since she was paying attention to her Hyo unnie.

“Who told you that?” Sunhwa asked again.

“Our coordis. Is it true?”

“Yes, Unnie wasn’t feeling that well so we had to send her home.” Sunhwa replied but Hyorin gave her a skeptical look.

“Sunhwa, BEASTs coordi is really close to our coordi, our coordi told me that you went into BEASTs waiting room and slapped Kikwang-ssi.” Sunhwa looked at her with surprise, “ Don’t worry, I told our coordi to keep mum about it. What’s happening?” Sunhwa gave her a hesitant look. “Sheesh, It’s not like I’m a gossipmonger you know, Hyosung unnie is my friend too. But if you can’t really tell me, I’m just telling you this to give you guys a head up that there are rumours okay? Watch out.” She squeezed Sunhwa’s arm and left.

Sunhwa walked to their waiting room in frustration and again told the other girls what happened.

 

“Yah! Doojoon ah!”  Doojoon looked back and saw MBLAQ’s Lee Joon hollering at him, “Hyung what’s up?” and gave each other a high five. They stopped in the hallway to talk about what each has been up to, until Joon said, “Oh hey, I heard something about you guys.”

“Like what?” Doojoon asked.

“Yah, you know SECRET right?” Doojoon’s ears suddenly perked up upon hearing “SECRET”.

“What about them?” Doojoon asked.

“So Mir said he saw Sunhwa and Hyosung going down the parking lot with Sunhwa guiding Hyosung coz she was crying really loudly..” Joon shared, “..then right after he again saw  Sunhwa head straight to your waiting room. Know anything bout that?” Joon asked.

“Hy-hyung, Mir must’ve seen wrong, Sunhwa-ssi never went to our room.” Doojoon hid his surprise.

“Hey, just asking, those girls are my friends y’know” Joon looked down at his cellphone, ”Oh, hey,  got to go, see you.”  Joon tapped his back then left in a rush.

Doojoon walked back to their waiting room contemplating what he just heard, “Good thing Joon hyung was in a rush. Hyosung was crying? Kikwang said she was ok when he left her.” He shook his head then went in their room.

“Kikwang-ah, come here.” The smiling  Kikwang approached him. He told Kikwang what he heard, Kikwang lost his smile.

“Hyosung was crying?” Kikwang frowned. “Impossible. I never saw her cry, not even once.” He said.

Doojoon gave him a nod. “A year and a half together and you never saw her cry? That’s weird.” He answered.

Kikwang continued to frown but didn’t reply.

“BEAST, get ready for your stage!” announced their manager.