Chapter Six

Thorns of Love

AUTHOR’S POV

Chaerin woke up a bit late today. When she opened her eyes, all she knows that the clock already struck seven and her eyes are not fully opened yet when she brushes her teeth and combing her hair. She just picked whatever clothes that she thinks are wearable and didn’t even bother to match them properly.

“Boys, just eat cereals for breakfast today, okay. Noona is already late for work. Be careful on your way to school.” Chaerin said, ruffling both Taemin and Junhong’s hair. She’s rushing to the door, wearing her sneakers and sprinting out from the house.

Both of them tried to catch up with Chaerin but just ended peeking through the opened door that was left by their sister. “Arasseo, noona. Be careful on your way too.” Taemin waved his hand. “And good luck for your first day of work!” screamed Junhong. “Nae!!” Chaerin’s just shouting, answering them from afar. She just waved her hand to the air to bid her farewell to her brothers.

Chaerin runs with all of her might to the café where Minzy had got the work for her as one of the waitress. She can’t be late on the first day of her work and got fired immediately. She had to think about her brothers. Even though the rent issue was ‘quite’ settled, she can’t just sit at home and watch her brothers uneducated like her.

After a long run like she was chased by a dog, Chaerin finally arrived at the Bliss Café – panting heavily when she entered. Minzy who’s wiping the cashier counter clean, was surprised with Chaerin’s appearance who are still bending on her knees – trying to catch some air.

“Wow! Look at you, unnie. What’s happened? Did you just ride a bike? Look at your messy hair. I thought that a lion just escaped from the cage.” Minzy scanning her finger towards the blonde girl in front of her. Chaerin just rolls her eyes in annoyance. “Thanks for the compliment, Minki.” Chaerin said sarcastically. She ruffled her bangs to get them on their place and hand-combing her hair to fix her ruined hair.   

“Did the boss already come in?” asked Chaerin while her eyes roaming around the café to see the sign of their boss’ presence. Minzy is just laughing by Chaerin’s action. “Yah! Why are you laughing at me?” yelled Chaerin. “You look like a stalker with your action like that, unnie. Hahaha..” replied Minzy, who doesn’t seem affected at all with Chaerin’s yell.

“Argh..whatever. I want to change my clothes now before the boss come.” Chaerin just ignores Minzy and goes straight away to change into her uniform.

**********************************************************************************************************

Chaerin’s shift ended at four o’clock in the evening. Their boss praised Chaerin for her professional attitude of work though it is just her first day of working. She finally can take a relieved breath after being all nervous this morning.

“Minki-ah, what should we bring if we visit a man?” That single question from Chaerin made Minzy giggling and squealing by herself. “Eeyyyyy…uri unnie already had a special someone. Who is he? Does he handsome? Wait, he must pass my qualification first before he could date you.” Chaerin just rolls her eyes with Minzy’s nonsense talk.

Aigoo~ I guess I ask a wrong question to the wrong person.’  

“Aish, this kid..jinjja. I don’t have anybody! I just want to make a surprise for a friend and I wonder what he would like.” Chaerin scratches her head, still can’t make a decision on what she should bring for Ji Yong today.

“Unnie, how about a bouquet of flowers?” uttered Minzy. Chaerin blinked her eyes twice – still can’t believe with Minzy’s suggestion. Where the heck in this part of world that a girl gives flower to a man? “My lovely dongsaeng, the man should give flowers to the girl, not vice versa. Aish, I know I shouldn’t believe you.” Chaerin shook her head in disagreement. She massaged her temples as she still clueless on what she should bring later.

Minzy just pouted her lips when her suggestion was rejected by her unnie. She stares to the ceiling, thinking hard on another idea. “Emm..maybe you can bring some cookies for him? Your cookies are delicious,” compliment Minzy – sincerely. She even kissed her thumbs to tell Chaerin that she really meant her words.

Chaerin’s hopeless eyes light up after she heard the idea. ‘Finally this girl’s head is working properly.

“Thank you, Minki-ah. I’m happy that your brain is eventually working now. Haha..I need to go home and get prepared now. See you tomorrow! And thank you for the idea!”

***********************************************************************************************************

Chaerin heads to the kitchen as soon as she entered their house. As usual her brothers are practicing their dance at the living room along with the sick beat songs. Talk about the dance machine duo, it’s definitely Taemin and Junhong.

“Noona, do you want to go somewhere?” asked Junhong who is tailing Chaerin to the kitchen when he saw her packing some cookies into a plastic wrap. “I want to visit my friend tonight. He’s sick. But I’ll cook for you guys first. Don’t worry.”

“Who is sick? Seung Ri hyung?” interrupt Taemin who came after Junhong. He opened the fridge and take out the mineral water. “Nope. Someone else.” He stopped drinking by her answer. “When did you know him? I thought Seung Ri hyung is the only male friend that you have. You should be careful, noona. Don’t always trust men, especially a stranger!” Chaerin gasped when the angry Taemin smashing the water bottle on the table. Chaerin knows that Taemin doesn’t like her to befriend with men except for Seung Ri. He had the stern look on his face when he’s leaving the kitchen.

Junhong who’s noticed Chaerin’s hurt face quickly comforting her. “Don’t mind him, noona. He’s just being too protective. I know you can take care of yourself,” persuade him to make his sister feels better. I patted his shoulder and put on a faint smile. “I know that you loved me. I didn’t blame your hyung for acting like that.” I kissed his forehead and patted his hair to brush away the guiltiness in Junhong’s heart. “I should get ready right now.”

***********************************************************************************************************

*at night*

CHAERIN’S POV

“Hello… is there anybody home?” I was knocking the door when somebody is opening it and I least expecting that the person is Ji Yong. I was stunned for a second time by his face – the angel face that made me feel butterfly in my stomach. He’s really different from yesterday. Yesterday he was a sick and weak brokenhearted man, but today it is the 360 degree of the other side of him. It is the handsome, macho, stylish and hot guy who is standing in front of me now. His lips didn’t pale anymore like when I met him last night and I just noticed that his messy hair – but somehow is neatly styled – is the same blonde with mine.

I was too hypnotized by him that I didn’t realize he already invite me to enter his house. My eyes almost didn’t blinking even once. It’s like my brain had stopped working for a moment. Not to mention, my mouth was a bit dangling opened.

 “My lady, you can stare at me as long as you want but, please come in first. It’s freaking cold out there,” Ji Yong waved his hand in front of my face to get me back into reality. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I’m really embarrassed right now! I walked straight into the living room without sparing Ji Yong even a single glance.

“Wh..where is your mother?” I stuttered – I want to cover my embarrassment actually – and I still had my back to him, trying to hide my reddened face. Without I noticed, Ji Yong already had his arm around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and I could feel his hot breath against my nape. “Why bother to ask?” whispered Ji Yong to me in his low tone voice which almost made me fainted. I swear my body is melting and my heart beats abnormally now.

“I don’t want your mother to see us like this.” I struggling to escape myself from his hug but the strong arms of him seemed that they wouldn’t let me go. In fact, he rested his chin on my shoulder and leaned his head to mine. “Why did you trying to distance yourself from me, baby? Are you still mad with me about that night?” asked Ji Yong in a quite sad tone. I relaxed my tensed body a bit so he will not misunderstand my action.

“It’s not like that, Ji Yong.  I really loved it but I’m really shy with our position right now.” I blurted out the truth. Yes, it’s true that I’m enjoying his hug but heck, I’ve never been this close to a man before!

“Aww...don’t be shy. Okay, I’ll change my position if you want to.” He finally let go of me and standing in front of me. “CL-ah..you’re cuter when you didn’t use make up like you usually do. You’re beautiful, especially those eyes of yours.” His compliment almost makes me jump from my place and flying to the air. I have never been praised by man like this before. My cheeks felt hot. They must be blushing right now. Damn!

“I brought you some cookies that I made. Here!” I fished the cookies wrap in my bag and handed it over to Ji Yong. My plan to distract him by the cookies seems worked. His face lighten up when he saw the cookies. “How sweet…did you bake this yourself? They must be delicious! Now we have the appetizer for our dinner.”

“Dinner?” My eyebrows frowned in confusion.

“Oh, I forgot. Come on!” He drags me to the balcony upstairs and I saw a table was set up with food and two red candles were already lit up.

________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong, yorobeun...finally I've posted chapter six for this fic..sorry for delaying it for almost a year...I'm really really sorry.. T_T as you know, I like to write it properly, so I took some (emmm..I think it's not some..it's a lot!) time to finish it..mian... <3 <3 <3

As usual, comment below if you like it..I would like to know what are your opinion about this fic...kamsahamnida in advance.. *bows*