Chapter Five

Thorns of Love

SEUNG RI’S POV

I’m started to be anxious when Chaerin doesn’t reached home even though it’s already midnight. Her brother are all asleep but she haven’t back home yet. Junhong said that she was out since 9 o’clock ago. She was never like this before.

I’m really concern because they just lost their father, and I understand that they feel sad and tense about their live. I’m scared that Chaerin might do something bad to herself – she’s a strong girl but there are times that someone cannot endure such pain in their lives. So, I had my reason to worry.

Can’t help myself, I started to walking back and forth at the entrance door to get rid of my anxiety. That’s when I heard Chaerin’s voice talking with someone – a girl – based on her voice. The door is open after they bid farewell to each other. Chaerin is a bit startled when she saw me standing at the door.

“Seung Ri, why are you still here?” Chaerin asked me while she opened her shoes. She took off her sweater and slump herself on the living room couch – totally worn out.

“Why are you asking like that? You don’t like me to visit you anymore?” I’m kinda offended when she said like that. Did she doesn’t want to see me again?

Chaerin quickly turned her head to my direction when she sensed the sulk edge in my tone. “No..I don’t mean it like that. It’s already late at night, and you’re still here. I’m afraid that you might be tired.  You’re working for the whole day yet you still come to visit us every day since the past three months. Usually you already leaved at this time. Don’t misunderstand me, Seung Ri. I’m just concern about you.”

“You don’t have to concern about me, Chaerin. You should concern about yourself and your brothers first. And where did you go for the past few hours? I’m cautious to let your brothers all alone at home. So, I decided to be with them till you arrived.” I questioned Chaerin ; feeling curious where did she spend her night. She’s not the social girl type as far as I know.

“I’m just spending some time with my friends. That’s all.” She simply answered my question and of course I’m not satisfied easily with that. “Which friend? I believe that you don’t have any other else than me as your friend. You’re not the one who make friend with strangers that quick.”

“I – I – I..” Chaerin struggling to find her words to bluff me. I know she’s lying judging the way she gets nervous by my question and her pupils are shaken even though they are not looking at me.

“Chaerin..you know that you’re terrible at lying. You’re stuttering and don’t even look at my eyes at all. I thought that we are best friend? So, you shouldn’t hide anything from me. If I’m your really best friend, just spill everything out without worries, okay?”

 

CHAERIN’S POV

“If I’m really your best friend, just spill everything out without worries, okay?”

Seung Ri really knew me so well. I can’t lie to him. I just..can’t. I’m always honest and speak out my mind with Seung Ri but right now, I don’t feel like to tell him the truth. Part of me wanted to speak everything to him but part of me refused to.  I’m afraid that he’ll see me as desperate and weak girl who can’t manage her life properly. Please, who is that crazy to deal with strangers??

“I’m sorry, Seung Ri. I know that I shouldn’t have lied to you. They are my friends – but I’m not hanging out with them as I just know a few hours ago at Mrs. Kwon’s home.”

“Mrs.Kwon?” Seung Ri frowned his eyebrows – I know that look – questioning look. “Oh, she’s the house owner – this house. She came to collect the rent but I told her that I have no money. So, she makes a deal.” I paused a moment, expecting Seung Ri to say something but he just remain silent.

 “She had a son, Ji Yong who still can’t accept that her girlfriend is dead. Her name is CL and I look like her. She asked help from me to recover Ji Yong as the exchange of this house’s rent.” I finished my sentence in one breath – my heart feeling light after I open it up with Seung Ri. Frankly speaking, I feel burdened when I have to take all of this by myself.

“Are you kidding me? You refused my help a few days ago but you decided to accept help from someone that you don’t even know who! You’re taking risk, Chaerin.” Seung Ri looks disappointed with my choice, but I know what is good for me. It’s my life after all.

“Don’t be that pessimist, Seung Ri. She’s just offering me a help. And, about that few days ago thing, I just don’t want to burden you. You’ve already done too much for us. I just want to manage those things by myself.” I hold his hand to assure him that everything will be alright.

Seung Ri just sighed, surrendered with my persistence. His tensed face seemed a bit relaxed now. “Okay, do as you wish but be careful because it involves your live. What you’re gonna do when that Ji Yong guy knows that you’re not CL and got mad with you? You’ll hurt yourself later.”

I let go of Seung Ri’s hand and fixed my gaze on a blank television in front of me. “I think I’ve fall in love with him and I would like to give it a try even though I can’t foresee what will happen next.”

 

AUTHOR’S POV

“I think I’ve fall in love with him and I would like to give it a try even though I can’t foresee what will happen next.” Chaerin said, without noticing that Seung Ri’s face changed. He’s stoned face right now, but only God knows how he feels inside. It’s like the whole word collapsed before him.

“I have to leave. Goodbye, Chaerin.” He quickly get up from his seat and rushed to the entrance and slammed the door behind him. He just leave abruptly – didn’t even bother to take a glance on Chaerin once again.

Chaerin is weird by Seung Ri’s action but she’s too tired to think about it. So, she just let it slipped away and just straightly goes to bed. All she wanted to do now is just sleep. She takes no time to drift away on her comfortable single mattress.

While outside of the house, Seung Ri is leaning on the door – heart-crashed. He clutches his chest, gasping for air. The sadness had made him difficult to breathe. He’s suffocating in pain – love pain. His tears drop without he knowing. He wiped it with his fingers.

What is this warm thing? Oh, I’m crying. You’re crying Seung Ri. You’re crying because of love. You’re so stupid to expect love from someone that just assumed you as friend. And never blame Chaerin for that. Blame your heart! It’s too delicate for love.

Why? Why you never noticed me, Chaerin? Why? All the things that I do, that is because I loved you. I’ll do anything for your love, even if I had to give my life. I LOVE YOU, LEE CHAERIN…AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT..

_______________________________________________________________________

Pheww....Chapter Five is here~~ sorry for taking a long time to update each chapter because I keep on fixing it until I satisfied..huhu..I'm afraid that it'll not be good enough..it's hard for me to write a proper english.. :-P

I think my story flow is a bit slow..so, I'll try to make it a bit fast after this.. :-)

For all my subscribers, thank you for subscribing..you're giving me strength to keep writing (I feel I want to surrendered sometimes - but it won't be happen.. :-) )