Jaehyun

Mystery From The Start

Months after months, Junhyung became cold. Never once smiled not even to . After he was discharged from hospital, he went back to his apartment that he shared with Hyuna. But as soon as he stepped into his house, a document was lying on the table, Divorce Agreement with Hyuna signature below. “I’m not going to sign this.” Junhyung ripped the document into pieces and threw it away. “I’ll find you. I’ll never let you go.” Junhyung shouted and collapsed into tears. “Why? Why did you leave me behind? WHY?” Junhyung felt pain.

Junhyung and Hyuna parents were notified about Hyuna left Junhyung but they didn’t know her whereabouts. Mr Yong and Mr Kim had sent people to find her. But it’s too late; Hyuna had left Korea on the day after Junhyung had his operation. But that doesn’t mean they had given up finding her. Mr Kim knows well that, the reason Hyuna left Junhyung are more than that.

Ever since then, Junhyung never smiled. Every song he wrote was totally sad and never a happy one. He’ll always wear glasses whenever he goes. He buried himself in work never let himself to have a time to think. His mind will always wander to Hyuna, thinking about her. He avoids going home as when he reaches home, he always felt Hyuna presence and he missed a lot. He misses her. He wants her back but yet, he couldn’t find her. 

”Jun. Someone looking for you.” Doojoon knocked the door and went in. “I’m not free.” Junhyung replied coldly. “Junhyung” That person came in. “Appa?” Not only Junhyung father but Hyuna father too. “We need to talk and show you something.” Mr Yong said with Junhyung nodded his head and followed behind them. They were directed to the meeting room with only Junhyung, Mr Kim and Mr Yong.

“After watching this, your doubt might be clear.” Mr Kim said pressing the remote control.

“Appa, umma. When you received this disc meaning this little thing has been born.” It was Hyuna sitting on the sick bed with her hand touching her belly. “I’m sorry that I’m not able to give you a proper goodbye to both of you. I have my own reason for leaving. Sorry for being an unfilially daughter. But he will take over my place to take good care of you. Yeah. I’m pregnant with Junhyung child; I hope that you wouldn’t tell him about this. I don’t want him to hate himself because of me. I have been thinking of his name and decided to call him Kim Jae Hyun. Junhyung and I have divorced so I couldn’t give him Junhyung surname. I hope you will able to take care of him behalf of me.” Hyuna paused trying to control her tears. “Thank you for always being there for me. I’m always being stubborn over the thing I want. But thank you for allowed me to become an idol with the girls. I really enjoy my life that both you appa and umma have given me, and also Kyu oppa. Always protect me like a princess.” Hyuna smiled. “And I wanted to thank one more person, Yong Junhyung. He gave me love, a love that no one could give me. I truly enjoy your company through the time. Thank you for accepting me into your life and love all you have in me. But sorry that I couldn’t walk down the path with you anymore. I hope you will able to find someone that is way better than me.” Hyuna flowed out from her eyes. “Umma, appa and Kyu oppa, thank you for everything. I love all of you. And you too, Jun.”

The video stopped playing. Mr Kim tears flow out from his eyes. He missed her daughter, he misses her so much. Junhyung face was stained with tears and still flowing. “Wh—Where is she?” Junhyung stuttered, trying to pull himself together. “We had tracked down, she now in Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and we are going there.” Mr Yong said. “I’m coming with you.” Junhyung stood up from the chair. “But be prepared for the worst.” Mr Kim warned and Junhyung knows well about the warning from Mr Kim.

They took Junhyung father's private jet along with Junhyung and Hyuna mother. Mrs Yong was carrying Jaehyun. “He looked just like Jun.” Mrs Yong exclaimed. Junhyung was looking at his son, having a mixed emotion. “Jun. Do you want to carry your son?” Mrs Kim asked when she notices Junhyung kept looking at Jaehyun. Mrs Yong came over to Junhyung, teaching him the correct way to hold a baby. Slowly, Jaehyun was in Junhyung arm. Looking down, Junhyung couldn’t contain his smile of having his son in his arm. “He looks like Hyuna.” Junhyung mumbled. Junhyung and Hyuna parent smiled. “Please wait for me, Jeahyun and I are now going to the side.” Junhyung thought holding Jaehyun.

It was a 14hours of flight from Seoul to Boston Logan International Airport. By the time they reached Boston; it was in the afternoon in Boston. There was already a car waiting for them to pick them. It took them 10 minutes to reach Massachusetts General Hospital. Junhyung got off from the car and ran to the reception for information about Hyuna. After giving the information Junhyung needed, Junhyung followed the direction the nurse had given him. He was breathless, but his leg just kept running holding Jaehyun.

 “Hyuna-ah” Junhyung opened the door when he found Hyuna ward. Hyuna was lying on the bed lifelessly. “You are?” The doctor asked when he just finished his check up for Hyuna. “I’m her parent.” Hyuna parent came in along with Junhyung parent. Junhyung when to Hyuna bed holding her hand, calling her name. “How’s my daughter?” Mr Kim asked. “Not very well. Because she was pregnant, she gives up the treatment.” “She’s sick?” “Yeah. She was diagnosed Leukemia and was transferred from Seoul Hospital.” The doctor said. “Will she survive?” Mrs Kim was crying looking at her daughter. “We are still finding a suitable bone marrow for her however, the longer the wait, the lower the survived rate will be.” The doctor replied. “She had been unconscious since she gives birth which is three days ago. For the time being, we still looking for a suitable bone marrow for her, but you might need to prepare the worst.” The doctor continued and left the wards. Mrs Kim and Mrs Yong were crying.

“Hyuna-ah. I’m Junnie. Can you hear me?” Junhyung was holding Hyuna hands. “Here is Jaehyun. You had delivered a healthy baby for us.” Junhyung tried hard to contain his tears. He heard everything from what the doctor said, loud and clear but he doesn’t want to prepare the worst. No. He never allowed, he will never admit that to happen. “I will never allow you to leave me. I don't allow that. You hear me, Kim Hyuna. I’ll never tolerate that, do you hear me.” Junhyung raised his voice which caused Jaehyun crying. Mrs Kim came over to Junhyung and carried Jaehyun.

After some discussion between Junhyung and Hyuna parent, they decided to book a hotel nearby. Mrs Kim and Mrs Yong carried Jaehyun to the hotel leaving Mr Kim and Mr Yong behind. Junhyung didn’t want to leave Hyuna side, not again. He was holding her hand tight in his. Mr Kim and Mr Yong when to look for the doctor and have some discuss with him.

Days after days, Hyuna was never awake, Junhyung always beside her holding her hand. Mrs Kim and Mrs Yong routing to come by the hospital. They decided that better not to bring Jaehyun to hospital, so one of them need to stay back to take care of Jaehyun. Mr Kim had called Sunggyu and come over to Boston to look for them. He told Sunggyu not to say any single thing to anyone not never 4beast. Over the phone, Mr Kim told Sunggyu everything even about the bone marrow. Without even when through thinking, Sunggyu wanted to have his blood test. Sunggyu know well that, between sibling, chances of perfect matching are higher than anyone.

“W—wa—water.” A very hoax but soft voice awake Junhyung. “Hyuna-ah?” Junhyung called. “Wa—water.” Hyuna repeated. Junhyung poured a glass of water and helped Hyuna to sit up from the bed and gave her the glass of water to drink. “Slowly.” Junhyung said. After finishing the glass of water, Junhyung helped Hyuna to lie down on the bed. “Baby girl. How are you?” Junhyung asked concern, holding Hyuna hand with the other hand caressing her face. “I—I’m f—fine.” Hyuna trying to gather her voice back. “I miss you.” Junhyung said. “How did you find me?” Hyuna asked. “Our parent track you down. Why didn’t you tell me about this? Why did you leave me behind?” Junhyung trying to contain his tears. Hyuna raised her free hand finding Junhyung face. Slowly, she touched his face when Junhyung found it weird. “Did you have your proper meal? Hyuna asked touching his face. Junhyung waved his hand in front of Hyuna but received no reaction. “What happened to your eyes?” Junhyung asked. “Nothing wrong with my eyes.” Hyuna said and smiled. “Don’t lie to me. You can't see anything. What happened to your eyes?”

“Hyuna.” Mr Kim came in with Mr Yong. “Appa.” Hyuna sighed in relieved. “How are you?” Mr Kim came to the bed caressing Hyuna hair. “I’m fine, appa.” Hyuna smiled, sitting up straight with Junhyung helps. “Where is umma?” Hyuna asked. “She’s now at the hotel with Jaehyun and Mrs Yong.” “I want to carry Jaehyun. I never had the chance to carry him once.” “I’ll call them now.” Mr Yong left the room. “Hyuna-ah. Why did you leave us? Why you never told appa about your health condition? Do you know how worry are we?” Hyuna hand when to Mr Kim face. “Appa. Mianhae.” Junhyung was looking at Hyuna, every movement she made. “Something wrong with her eyes.” Junhyung thought. “Mianhae. Jun.” Hyuna thought.

“Hyuna-ah.” Mrs Kim crying hugging Hyuna once she got to the ward. “Naughty girl. Do you know how worry am I?” Mrs Kim hit Hyuna back lightly but hugging her tightly. “Mianhae. Umma.” Hyuna tried to hold her tears. “Don’t ever leave us like that. No matter what happens, we have the right to know. No matter what, we will always there for you.” Mrs Kim pulled away from Hyuna using her thumb wiping Hyuna tears. “Nae, umma. Mianhae.” Hyuna smiled. “Hyuna-ah. Here Jaehyun. Do you want to hold him?” Mrs Yong asked trying to break the sad atmosphere. “Nae, Mrs Y….” “You still Yong Hyuna.” Junhyung cut Hyuna off. “I never sign the divorce agreement. You still my wife, you still Yong Hyuna.” Junhyung said and carried Jaehyun from his mother. “Here.” Hyuna tried to hold Jaehyun with Junhyung help. When Jaehyun was in Hyuna arm, Hyuna couldn’t stop smiling. Junhyung sat on the bed with his arm around Hyuna shoulder to be close to her. “We should leave them.” Mr Yong said and everyone left the room.

“When are you going to tell me the truth? Junhyung asked while playing Jaehyun small hand. Hyuna sighed. “Whatever I’m going to tell you, please don’t hate yourself or feel guilty. You must promise this before I tell you everything.” “I promise.” Hyuna breath in and out. “I when to have a body check up after I feel that my body wasn’t feeling well. I was diagnosed Leukemia and pregnant at the same time. The doctor has given me some suggestion, and one of them was abortion. But I don’t want to give up this little life when I had already lost one.” Hyuna paused a while. “But treatment wasn’t good for my unborn child and it will show symptoms that I can’t perform on stage or even practice. So I gave up treatment, when the doctor wasn’t approved for that. When I got to know that you were blind, I felt helpless. I know to you as a songwriter and as an artist, your eyes are very important to you. And I know my time wasn’t left much, so I decided to donate my cornea to you. I told the doctor after the operation was done, send me to Massachusetts General Hospital. And I think this is best for you.” Junhyung hold Hyuna tight trying to control his emotion. “Months after months, I felt my body becoming weaker, but I need to stay strong until Jaehyun was born. Before Jaehyun was born, I decided to send Jaehyun back to my parent to take care of him with the help of this hospital.”

“Without you beside me I feel like I’m living in hell. I lost the most important person in my life. Do you think I will actually believe the letter you wrote? Even I have my eyesight back, my life still in darkness. I rather always remain blind than knowing you are leaving me. I’m telling you, forever and always, I only have one wife, and her name is Yong Hyuna. Don't leave me again, ever. I will cure you, I wouldn’t allow you to die. I wouldn’t allow you to leave me alone. Do you understand?” Hyuna nodded her head when Junhyung kissed her head. Both Hyuna and Junhyung missed each other.

Sunggyu came to Massachusetts General Hospital however he wasn’t alone. Tagged along with him were Jihyun and Doojoon. Both Jihyun and Doojoon know about Hyuna health problem but never say anything to anyone. Jihyun had the same reaction as Hyuna mother. To Jihyun, Hyuna had been just like her little sister, she dotes her like how Sunggyu dotes Hyuna. She’s hugging her crying along with some scolding. Sunggyu when to have his blood test done wishing that he could save his baby sister. Junhyung was looking at Doojoon and he could feel the stare from him as well. Doojoon motion Junhyung to go out and explained everything to him, which he should. However, Jihyun and Doojoon didn’t know Hyuna was pregnant when she went away.

To them waiting for the result was like waiting for hundred years when the result will be out within days. Hyuna parent also did the blood test just in case Sunggyu bone marrow doesn’t match Hyuna. And they still are searching for bone marrow for Hyuna.

Hyuna mood started to lighten up because of Junhyung and Jaehyun. She has her family there for her, she knows that everyone are trying to cure her. After seeing them working hard for herself, she is gaining hope. She wants to be cured, she wants to continue her path with Junhyung and Jaehyun. Her determination was back.