Shaken

Flight of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Hi guys :3 Thank you for the subs and the congrats.. I reaaally hope that some more people will sub xD

Kibum should have been happy. He knew it as he walked home slowly, his steps small and unsure, his heart filled with mixed emotions. So badly, he knew that he should have smiled, that he should have felt overjoyed...

But he couldn't. Every single time he thought back at what had happened at the doctor's, his heart clenched painfully in his chest, pounding loudly against his chest.

Maybe, he was going to be okay for now. Maybe the medicine was working and it seemed like it would gain him a couple of more years but...

He just couldn't feel the joy he was supposed to have. His mind was still plagued by the sight of that innocent girl, her sweet smile, cute pigtails, cheerful voice. She was just so energetic yet she was nearing the end at such a tender age. From her mother, Kibum had learnt that she had just turned six. Such a young child, she had just barely started school.

What surprised the boy, and maybe, made him feel even more sorrow, was that she seemed so happy all the time. The blonde was no fool, he was well aware of the fact that the little girl was probably in pain. It was obvious, if you looked at her a bit more closely. Though her smiled were always genuine and cheerful, there were dark circles under her eyes, a sign of sleepless nights. Her frame was frail, quite bony. Even her hair was slightly thinner than normal, its shine just barely there.

And still, she was able to beam at her mom, playfully tugging at her hair or even talking back to her, obviously waiting for the doctor. Kibum would never be able to forget her. His heart ached for the poor little one, he wished that he could help the innocent little angel.

He couldn't though, and he knew it.

Maybe this part was that hurt the most. He couldn't do anything to help her. Neither could her mother... This little fact had probably shattered the woman's heart into pieces. Now, Kibum realized that she had never been cold or emotionless: she merely hid her sorrow behind a wall of ice that slowly grew around her broken heart. But the shield seemed to crumble the moment the child had started blabbering about meaningless things as they waited.

The woman was sweet, caring with her. Her voice was soft as she talked to the little girl, her touches obviously gentle as she would embrace her.

At that moment, Kibum felt respect he had never felt before. He would have crumbled un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter