Kim Jonghyun

Flight of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

listen to Daesung's Baby don't cry.

Jonghyun awoke with a grasp, eyes snapping open. He let out a nearly animalistic - albeit raspy and low - sound as the piercing light blinded him for moments. He felt weird: his body was heavy and clothes clung, a thick layer of sweat gluing them to skin. Mind oddly hazy, the boy finally put two and two together as his vision came back and he was met by the very familiar sick-green of the hospital room's walls. 

"Kibum!" he groaned out, heartbeat picking up as memories of the past day had flooded his mind. The sound of tires screeching, people yelling, pain hitting his entire body. And then, darkness. 

His throat felt dry and yet, he called for his lover again and again until a nurse finally noticed the change in his state. A gasp escaped pretty-pink lips as she rushed off to see a doctor, the soft shuffle of her footsteps nearly lulling Jonghyun back into a world without light.

"So you are awake." A tall, familiar man uttered, lips curling into a small smile."You have missed quite a bit." he added, sorrow glowing in soft brown orbs.

"How long have I been out? Where's Kibum...? He's my.." Jonghyun's ability to talk was barely there: just one little world caused his breath to get caught in the back of his throat. And yet, he kept on choking out those chains of jumbled letters, concern and panic flaring up in his heart.

"Jonghyun, you have been out for a very long time. Years." the doctor's voice was soft and sweet as he sat down next to the other."Kibum... Kibum isn't here with us anymore."

"What?" A low his escaped Jonghyun as he felt sorrow paint his heart black."What do you mean?" he growled out. Parched throat screaming for water, he was nearly unable to speak, let alone yell. And yet, those words bounced off the empty walls as if they had been shouted at the top of one's lungs.

"He... he passed away two months after your accident. I am so sorry, it's my fault.." eyes gleaming from tears, the doctor bent down to pat the man's head reassuringly."It's all my fault.." he whispered once more.

"Taemin." was the only thing Jonghyun could groan out."Get out. Please." he said a few minutes later, his face void of any emotions."Tests can wait."

Nearly a month passed, and with the help of his friends, Jonghyun was taken home. He was merely a shadow of the person he had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter