Void

Flight of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold... Kibum was lying on something cold... like ice or even worse. It was the only thing that registered in his mind as he whimpered quietly, trying his best to will the freezing sensation that seemed to numb his body away. He could feel his whole form shake as the air that surrounded seemed to grow chillier and chillier, some of it gathering on his chest, slowly making it harder for him to breathe.

The blonde knew that he should have been scared, worried or even nervous about what was going on, why he was so, so cold but he wasn't. He had felt this many times before, the cool air greeting him like an old friend, the numbness soothing, gentle. His senses were dull yet he could still feel a couple of sweat drops slowly roll down his neck.

Absentmindedly, he let a smile dance on his lips. It was almost good to be back in this state of oblivion. Nothing was wrong, maybe the cold was just a bit annoying, but not that much. Everything was alright..

Alright.

"Is really everything alright?"He wondered yet he couldn't think of an answer to his small musing. He knew that something was off, something just wasn't right but he didn't know what.

Everything was the same as before. The darkness... He could never actually see when he was like this, sometimes a couple of off-colored spots would dance in front of his closed eyelids to entertain him but as time passed their appearances grew rarer, leaving him in complete darkness; the sound of his own thoughts breaking the gentle silence and the freezing cold. Nothing had changed yet something did.

It was frightening, to say the least. Kibum was no fool, he knew that he shouldn't have even been like this but normally, the complete void of pain; emotions; the shadows of his past and present comforted him. It was like a thick blanket of snow had enveloped him, keeping him safe and sound.

For someone like Kibum who rarely allowed anyone to tear out a tiny piece of his heart and keep it along with his complete trust;  this thick blanket was important. It made everything bad disappear, the nightmares, his disease... everything.

Yet now, it was making him fidgety. Kibum could feel the pressure on his chest get bigger, a tiny gasps escaping him when he realized that this time, he could barely breath. Merely small huffs of air he gasped for were able to ente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter