Chapter 7

I am the best

 

 

 

 

 “Why are we doing this again?” Suho asked sounding displeased.

“Because Chanyeol is sick and it’s our job as his friends to visit him.” Baekhyun stated matter of factly.

“But he said we shouldn’t come.” Chen whined. “Said something about the sickness being contagious. We can just send him gifts or something.”

“Soup.” Kris chirped from beside Baekhyun. “We can send him soup.”

“But what kind of friends will that make us? we will stick with each other no matter what.” Baekhyun said.

“Sorry but I don’t do sick people.” Suho said.

“You are so caring Baek.” Kris exclaimed draping a hand over Baekhyun’s shoulder and giving him a one sided hug. “I’m glad you are my brother.”

“Ew.” Baekhyun said face showing disgust while his hand slowing crept round Kris’s waist. “Stop being gross.”

“Stop being cute.” Kris replied with an honest smile which made Baekhyun scoff and turn his red face away.

“Aw isn’t that cute? The twins are bonding.” Chen cooed. “How sweet.”

“And gross.” Suho said moving from Baekhyun’s side to walk beside Chen who is beside Kris. He didn’t want to catch their craziness, that family is pretty messed up. Heck they could even compete with Kai’s family.

Kris pulled Baekhyun closer when he felt his grip on his waist tighten. “Are you ok?” He asked eyes furrowed out of worry. He smiled when Baekhyun shook his head face still red and lips jutting out in a little pout.

Ah, that face. Kris knows that face well. He smiled and ruffled the shorter boy’s hair. “I guess it has been a while since we hung out just the two of us.”

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked shifting a bit as he felt uncomfortable knowing that he was letting his guard down but it wasn’t enough to make him move away from Kris.

“We aren’t as close as we used to be and it’s my fault. I’m sorry Baek i-”

Baekhyun finally pulled away and glared at Kris with his face red with embarrassment. “W-what are you saying? Just because I’m letting you hold me doesn’t mean I’m being clingy and needy. Who wants your love anyway? Just keep it to yourself.”

Kris ignored the outburst and pulled Baekhyun into a hug. He has already seen past Baekhyuns façade so he won’t buy all this acting. “I promise I’ll spend more time with you from now on.” Kris said and placed a soft peck on his brother’s head.

Suho and Chen just stood at the side watching the whole thing with partial disgust.

Baekhyun allowed himself to enjoy the warmth of his brother’s big frame on him for a few seconds before pushing him away.

“Stop that! Ewww.” He brushed his clothes of imaginary germs. “Chanyeol is dying at home and the more time we waste the more dead he becomes. “

“Words of wisdom spoken by our dear Baekhyunnie.” Suho said boredom not leaving his voice.

“Please let’s just go.” Chen sighed and started walking ahead.

“Pah!” Baekhyun exclaimed slapping Kris hand away from him when he tried to lean on him and he ran forward to catch up to Chen. Chen rolled his eyes at the stupid grin on Baekhyun’s face.

 

 

 

 

“Alright men, spread out and search for our target. We need to get this done ASAP. If you see him you know what to do, no matter what don’t let your mission be leaked because your life is on the line here and if we fail we are screwed. So get in, secure the target and get out. Am I understood?”

“YES SIR!” 10 men chorused and ran out of the building when they were given the signal.

“”And you,” The boss turned to Nathan. “You are coming with me.”

“Yes boss.” Nathan sighed and followed the man.

At least change your clothes. There is nothing inconspicuous about a fishing hat and sunglasses. You look ridiculous.

“Did you say something?”

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Where do you think we are being taken to?” Sehun asked with his face glued to the window.

“I have no idea.” Xiumin answered resting his head on the chair. He was tired and just wanted to sleep and forget about what was happening right now.

“But isn’t this fun?” Sehun turned to face him with an excited smile. “This feels like an adventure. It’s like we are fighting in a war to save a princess.”

Luhan who was sitting on the other side of the window scoffed. “Nah, it’s more like a homicide.”

Xiumin nodded. “No one goes after Kim Jongin’s princess. He is going to annihilate them and make them wish they were in hell.”

“That’s soo romantic.” Sehun squealed. “I wish he’d commit homicide for me too.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you but you have some terrible taste in guys.”

Sehun glared at Xiumin. “Don’t say that! Kai is a great guy you obviously don’t know him well enough.”

“Kid I’ve known him for 2 years. I think I know him well enough. And you, isn’t it just a while ago that you got to know him?”

“It doesn’t matter how long I’ve known him. As long as my heart feels he is a good guy then he probably is.”

“Go get your heart checked. It’s probably almost expired.” Luhan cackled from his seat.

Tao sat quietly in front trying to ignore the noise coming from the back. He wasn’t sure what was happening and he just became more confused than he was when he met Kim Jongin.

He knew that some moron was after Kai’s brother and Kai himself has gone to ‘take care’ of them. But he didn’t know why they were in this car and where they were going to.

Kai just told them to get in and he disappeared and now they have been on the road for some hours. Tao wouldn’t mind if they are going to kick some but it didn’t feel like it. If they were then Kai would have gone together with them-at least with Tao. And if they aren’t fighting, what other options are there?

Tao let out a heavy sigh. He has a feeling he is going to regret this.

“Where are we going?”

His hands latched to the seat as the car swiveled dangerously on the road followed by screams.

The driver quickly tried to regain control of the car while sending Tao surprised glances. Tao refused to look back when three people leaned on his seat and into his personal space.

“Holy he spoke!” Luhan exclaimed while they all stare with open mouths. “He actually initiated a conversation.”

Tao realized he didn’t care anymore.

“What are you surprised about?” He snapped at the driver. “You don’t even know me. Now answer the damn question.”

The driver visibly shrunk at the intense glare.

“Waaa! He is so cute. Xiumin did you hear that cute accent?” Luhan exclaimed all smiles and giggles.

“You have a cute accent too so don’t make fun of him.” Xiumin replied eyes still wide with shock. Now that he thinks of it, this is like the second time he remembers the boy talking.

“But it’s so thick and his horrible Korean comes out weird and adds to the cuteness.”  Luhan wriggled his fingers creepily as he tried to stop himself from touching Tao’s everything because he knew Tao will kill him if he did.

“Wow, he actually seems less scary when he talks.” Sehun said.

Tao ignored them and glared at the driver who still hadn’t answered his question. The driver unconsciously shrunk away -because is it just him or is the kid still freaking scary, cute accent or not.

“We are going to see someone. Just a couple more minutes and we are there.”

“Someone? Ohh I think I know.” Luhan smiled knowingly.

“Who?” Tao asked anger rising steadily. He was tired of not knowing anything so he wasn’t going to be silent anymore.

“Should I tell him?” Luhan asked Xiumin who replied with a shrug.

“I don’t even know who it is.”

“Silly Xiumin, of course you know.” Luhan said and gave Tao a creepy smile. “We are going to meet your worst nightmare.”

Tao raised an eye brow? Nightmare? Sorry but Tao doesn’t have nightmares (except recently he has had some featuring a tan stoic devil).

“Nightmare? Who is it?” Sehun asked.

“D.O.”

“Eh? Who is that?” Sehun asked.

“You two haven’t met him yet but D.O is the reason why we are here together in the first place.” Luhan said.

“I don’t understand.” Sehun voiced out.

“D.O is Kai’s older brother.” Xiumin answered.

“Then what does he have to do with us?”

“Everything. Kai didn’t pick us to hang with him because he liked us, nope. It’s because we are his guinea pigs. You might not understand now but when you meet him it’ll make sense.” Luhan said. “And a note of warning. Do everything he says because Kai will kill you if you displease his brother.”

Tao clenched his fist tightly. So it’s this D.O boys fault, since he has found the problem it’s time to get rid of it.

Good thing he brought his num chucks.