Chapter 10

I am the best

 

“I’m not sure it’s a good idea to do this.” Chanyeol said. He shifted from one foot to the other repeatedly as Kris, Chen and Suho walked into the house. “You could tell them that I’m sick or something.”

“You are being ridiculous. This is just a little gathering, It’s just us, Kai’s friends and D.O’s friend nothing to be shy of. ”

“Trust me I’m not shy, I just don’t want to be in a room with those two together.”

“Don’t worry as long as D.O is there Kai won’t kill anybody, I think.”

Chanyeol just let his imaginary tears flow because it wasn’t even Kai he was worried about. That brother of his though is something else. He might work for him but that doesn’t make things easier.

“Are you cold? Want me to be your coat?”

“Normally people offer coats but no, I’m good.”

“Too bad.”

They walked passed a scowling Kai. He was probably looking for D.O.

“Why don’t we just drop the presents and leave?” Chanyeol whispered as they rounded up into the living room. The deeper they got the harder it’ll be to leave.

“No matter what you say you can’t leave.” Baekhyun said tapping him on the back before mingling with the others. “What’s with the tree? It’s not Christmas is it?”

“Nope, but Lay thought it’ll add to the spirit.” Xiumin said and added under his breath.  “I don’t see what it has to do with birthdays but whatever.”

“Birthday? It’s not D.O’s birthday.” Baekhyun said.

“Huh? But i received a text from Kai telling me to bring a present for the birthday party. And you have a present too.” Chanyeol said.

“Nah, it’s a D.O appreciation day. Kai said it’s to celebrate D.O’s existence as a gift to man. It’s silly but everyone goes along with it cuz it’s fun.”

Chanyeol and the others didn’t bother asking any questions. It was safer to just go along with it.

“Where’s Kris?” Luhan asked when he didn’t see the tall guy among the rest.

“He probably ran off somewhere having fun.” Baekhyun said with a shrug.

 

~In an old closet somewhere in the basement~

“Um Kai? I don’t want to play anymore so you can open the door now. Kai? KAI!”

 

“’Found anything new?” D.O asked as he dropped some clothes into a big travelling box.

“Nah, most of them are worst than the previous guy. He barely put up a fight.” Lay sighed sitting on the floor beside his friend. “Next time you decide we play with the mafia at least let it be someone worth the time.”

“I don’t want to endanger the others. It was ok when it was just the three of us but now… I think Kai likes his friends so I don’t want to ruin things.”

”I knew you had changed but-“ Lay stopped when the door creaked open.

“Kai? Ah, excuse me is Kai here?” Sehun said  with his head sticking through the door.

“No, check the fridge.” Lay said.

“Oh ok, thanks.” Sehun said and closed the door.

“Isn’t the retarded kid cute?” D.O asked smiling.

“Ok, I guess you haven’t changed much. You are still as evil as the day you were born.”

“Me? Evil? That hurts my feelings.” D.O said eyes wide and filled with hurt.

“Pfft, please. And stop calling the kid retarded, you know fully well there is nothing wrong with him.”

“Yeah but it makes Kai happy when I do.”

“How caring of you.”

“I do try. Then I guess we’ll put the game on hold. No more fighting for the time being. I want to let everyone rest first before the next round. We do have some new members.”

“I thought you didn’t want to do it anymore.”

“Were is the fun in that? Since they are Kai’s friends I am sure they can handle it.”

“And your cousins and their friends?”

“You know what they are capable of.”

“I guess you are right. Then we can go all out next time then.”

“Sure, now help me get this box downstairs.”

 

“I strongly disagree to this.” Xiumin glared at everybody.

“But you look so cute. I want a ride.” Luhan exclaimed trying to jump on Xiumin’s back. Xiumin who could barely move in the over sized unicorn costume struggled in vane as they ended up on the floor.

“I’ve always wanted a unicorn now my dream has come true.” Lay said wiping an imaginary tear. “Come to daddy.” He said and jumped into the pile of bodies on the floor and snuggled up to Xiumin.

“If you dare try to take me home with you I will pee in your mouth while you sleep and strangle you to death.”

“I’ve always wanted unicorn pee. They say it has healing powers.”

Xiumin sighed and just lay on the ground motionless. Why did he even bother trying. The only way to deal with these idiots is to ignore them.

“Who is next?” D.O asked enthusiastically as he brought out another costume from the box. “Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol flinched when the over enthusiastic look in D.O’s eyes got directed to him. .

“Er…” All eyes were now on him. Was he about to deny D.O’s request? Did he have a death wish? “Er…”

Chanyeol has never joined them in their fun because he was only involved in the business part of a relationship with the Kim siblings but out of stupidity he befriended their cousin and now he is trapped in their web of insanity. He grunted when he felt a sharp jab to his side. He looked down at Baekhyun who was giving him an exasperated look. “Ya, just do it.”

“But it’s a sailor moon costume. I’m too manly for that.” Chanyeol whispered.

“It doesn’t matter. Just. Do. It.”

D.O dropped the costume down and sniffed. “It’s stupid isn’t it?”

“Ah crap.” Chanyeol said under his breadth when he saw Kai drag his thumb across his neck from behind D.O. “Of course not.” He quickly yelled. “I was just thinking if it’ll fit me. I’m tall you know.”

Chanyeol flinched when D.O bounced back to life.

“Don’t worry I have them in all sizes. Lay bring the tape, let’s measure him.”

“Yessir!”

 

Tao who was sitting away from everybody in his Sebastian costume internally gulped. There was definitely no way out. Everyone seemed to have adapted.

He looked at Sehun who was staring at Kai’s from his seat.

Some seemed to have adapted and others have just lost their minds. He looked at the chaos of bodies being shoved into cute clothes (yes he thinks they are cute), people fighting –or making out- on the floor (it looked like both), and people just being creepy (Jongin smiling at his brother). It looked chaotic and …dear he say it, fun. It looked fun and somehow it didn’t look that scary anymore (if he ignored the threats). This wasn’t what he expected when he came here from China but he has to admit it has been an entertaining adventure.

“Maybe I’ll stay in Korea for a while.”

“OHEMGEE! Everyone!” Luhan exclaimed from on top of Xiumin when he accidentally saw it. Everyone froze at his screaming and looked at where he was pointing at. “HUANG ZITAO SMILED!”

And all hell broke loose, well for Tao anyway. He got up from his seat ready to make a run for it when he was crushed by a pile of bodies on him.

“I never thought I’d live to see the day.” Luhan gushed.

“Smile for me Tao.” D.O said pulling at said boy’s cheeks. And the others in the pile (namely Chen, Suho, Lay and Baekhyun) just lay there because why not it was fun to crush people.

Tao grunted at all the weight on him but strangely enough he didn’t fight it. He was having fun after all.

Chanyeol and Xiumin slowly shook their head. Xiumin sighed and said. “Another one has fallen. Goodbye Tao.”

 

~2 hours later~

Baekhyun looked up from his food. “Um guys? Where is Kris?”

 


A/N : 50 years later i finally completed it. Sorry for the wait guys. No amount of excuses will chang anything, but i'm done and i hope i didn't dissappoint anyone. Thanks for reading, till next time (or fic). BYE :)