Chapter 1

I am the best

 

 

It was a beautiful Monday morning and there were many things that a person could do instead of going to school.

 ‘I should just burn this down.’  Kai thought as his brows furrowed out of anger. He let out a heavy sigh that swam clearly through the quite classroom making the teacher temporarily pause and the student’s eyes dart at him. He ignored all this attention and turned his gaze to the window and noticed it was closed. Don’t people want to breathe? He got up and walked to the window, he opened it, took a deep-and loud- breath and walked back to his seat.

“Is he insane?” The faces of the students screamed. They looked at the fuming teacher who was trying his best to control his raging anger.

Teacher profile

Name: Mr. Kwon

Age: Late 40’s

Likes: Fish

Dislike: Students and his next door neighbor

Subject: Mathematics and biology

Known for: Being a to students (who by the way hate his guts)

Hold on something new just came in.

Dislike: Kai

End of profile.

“…and so the brain is a very complex part of man…” He continued while gritting his teeth because apparently the new kid didn’t mind sleeping in class after that BLATANT display of lack of interest to his lesson.

“OMO!” Someone exclaimed barely above a whisper when Kai got up from his seat while yawning and walked out of the class. That was the day Mr. Kwon  started having murderous thoughts and the girls started thinking of how to have Kai’s babies.

As the door closed behind Kai he didn’t hear the sound of something breaking and a scream. He was too hungry to notice.

“Where will I get some chow now?” He asked himself as he walked aimlessly down the hall. There was no way he could know his way around seeing as this was his first day of school and it was still first period so there was no body outside. His parents just had to do this to him didn’t they?

School. He still couldn’t believe he was in one now. Being homeschooled is way better than this being in this hell hole. It took him 5 minutes to realize that he hadn't gotten to his destination yet. Even though he didn't know the location of the cafeteria he expected to be lucky. It's just a building so no matter how dumb you are you'll find yourself somewhere if you keep walking. It made things easier that classes where going on. Even though some classes had no teachers the students stayed inside except for some who are probably trouble makers.

". . .kill you" was what Kai heard as an ugly hand grabbed him by his collar. Apparently some of these troublesome ones where talking to him.

"think you're too big to answer me kid?"

Apparently it's not only the hand that is ugly. Interesting face.

"let go." he said. He was too hungry to hang out with any one or do anything else. When the body wants food you give it food. That is its reward for serving you well.

"huh? Did you just speak dir-" slowly the guy slid to the ground in silent agony. Kai retracted his leg and walked away hands tucked in his pockets as he went in search of the cafeteria.

 

"huh?"

"I said feed me." Kai said holding onto the tray. His eyes never left the lady's face and he wasn't smiling.

"beat it kid it's not yet time for lunch." the lunch lady wasn't smiling either.

"it's your job. Do what you are paid to do no complaints."

"this coming from a kid who is skipping class."

"I don't get paid to learn. Now feed me."

"wow you are the cutest kid I’ve met in a while."

"Thanks miss."

"sarcasm kid."

"ditto hag."

And thus boy meets woman and a new story in history is created. Woman seemed impressed by boy who is currently starving and contemplating murder.

"fresh burger with lots of fries."

Boy becomes happy and thinks woman might be cool.

"Brenda."

"keep feeding me like this and I might tell you my name."

"I can find out from other students." Kai who was already walking said without turning back. "It's a lot better when I say it."

Brenda had a mild seizure.

And thus a new ert was born.

 

 

“How was school dear?”

“Feed me.”

Kai didn’t feel like answering any questions related to school because he hated it and his skin gets irritated anytime he thinks about it.

“It must have been nice.” His mother smiled and closed the door after he got in. ‘since I didn’t get any call from the school I guess it was.’ She thought.

She dropped the food on the coffee table and seated herself on the sofa Kai was currently occupying. She had a silly smile on as she watched her son devour his food with un-breaking attention to the TV.

“Aigoo, my son is so cute.” She wanted to pinch his cheeks but from experience she learnt that it was a no go area.

“Kai baby, mama is bored.” She leaned on him pout in place. He paused for a moment as if in thought then he turned to her. “Sleep.”

“No! mama wants to spend time with you.”

Kai proceeded to ignore her until he finished his meal. He then brought out his cell phone and dialed a number.

“Are you making plans for our date?” An excited mother asked.

“Hello?” A deep voice came from the other end of the phone.

“Your woman is lonely come get her.” Click.

“but baby, mama wants to stay with you today. Your father is so not romantic anymore.”

“Then get a divorce.”

“Oh my! How can you say that? Your father’s heart will be broken if he hears that. My darling is just too precious for me to let go and besides he loves us too much.”

"Then go be with him and leave me alone." He got up from the sofa and headed for the door. "I am going out."

"Just know that mama loves you."

Kai deleted the sound of the air kiss he received. He got goose bumps all over his body because of it.

He was bored and unable to think of what to do so he decided to hang out with his friends. He lay down on a bench at the park and waited for them.

In less than a minute he heard someone panting beside him and opened one eye. He sat up to make room for the other guy who didn’t seem to care at that moment.

“Wh-where is he?” Xiumin asked trying to get his breath back. He quickly looked round for the villain. “I swear if he shows anybody I’ll-”

“Baozi!” Somebody yelled happily from a distance. Xiumin looked up to see Luhan running to him glowing as if he ate the damn sun for lunch. He ran up into Luhan’s open arms but instead of the hug Luhan was expecting he got tackled to the ground.

“Where is it?” Xiumin screamed pinning the slightly taller boy down. He wasn’t going to let Luhan get away with this. How he got the picture in the first place is still confusing him but he can’t afford to take chances. “Don’t make me go taekwondo on your , now hand it over.”

Luhan looked confused. “I don’t know what you are talking about but I thought you were supposed to be drunk…and in a very compromising position.” His confusion turned to disappointment.

“What? That doesn’t make sense.” Xiumin was becoming irritated. “I thought you had a very bad picture of me?” He growled when Luhan laughed.

“Oh Baozi, I was supposed to get that today but I guess Kai was wrong.” There was a moment of silence before both males launched themselves at Kai who was lazing on the bench.

“You evil little boy.” Luhan tsked. “You never seize to impress me.” And he awarded the younger boy by ruffling his head. Xiumin on the other hand…

“Don’t praise him!” He couldn’t help yelling. Kai just tricked them into coming out to hang out with him. It’s not that they don’t like hanging out with him, they are just usually busy. You’d think he would have gotten used to it by now seeing as this was how Kai operated. It’s not his fault the kid is smart and he uses different methods every time.

“If you encourage him he’ll just keep doing it.” Xiumin huffed and sat on the bench, he was getting tired already. “Really Kai you need to make friends your age.”

“They are boring...” Kai paused as if thinking then added. “…both physically and mentally.”

Xiumin sighed and leaned further into the bench. “I feel old age pulling me down. I don’t even feel like arguing with you today. What are your plans?”

“Wait!” Luhan exclaimed from his position in front of them. “If you don’t like hanging out with kids your age then what about Tao?”

“He is a good investment.”

Luhan smiled and jumped in-between the two crushing some bones in the process.

“Sweet mother of-” Xiumin groaned slouching forward and holding his hip. Luhan laughed an apology which became real when he saw Kai’s glare. The kid was cute but…

“Ahem, so I guess we are waiting for Tao.” It was obvious but he had to ask anyway. Tao always hung out with them, whether he liked it or not. But Luhan thinks he does. When Tao moved in from China he was always on his own. He wanted it that way and tried to keep it that way but he met Kai and it didn’t become an option anymore.

"Oh look it’s Tao. Taotao over here." Luhan yelled waving his hands wildly at the tall boy whose normally impassive face turned to a scowl.

"Blek, soo tasteless." Xiumin said sticking out his tongue.

"Che, you are too old to know cute even if it was printed on your face." Luhan said attention still fixed on Tao. Xiumin because of how good hearted he was decided to let this one go...well until Luhan was vunerable and unsuspecting. It's a dog eat dog world and Xiumin is going to eat Luhan and turn his bones to tissue so that people can wipe their asses with him.

Tao rose an eyebrow at the creepy look on Xiumins face and decided to brush it off. Life was too short to spend worrying about these guys.

"Tao you came." Luhan clasped his hands together in delight and looked at Kai. "We are all here so what did you have in mind? Just so you know i was doing something really important so if i don't have fun i'll make you wish you were in hell." The smile on his face came off natural and added depth to his threat.

Kai got up and started walking with the others following.

“I don’t think he heard you. No, actually I don’t think he cares.” Xiumin whispered with a smirk. Luhan huffed and turned his head away from him.

“Just give it up. There is nothing intimidating a-OUCH!” Xiumin yelled as he felt razor sharp fangs dig into his cheeks. He wobbled about as he tried to pry the pest away from his face. "Dude, the hell is wrong with you? Let me go!"

Luhan's vice like grip increased and slowly he started chewing.

I am never letting go baozi. At last i get to taste you, hmm soo chewy. This is better than i expected.

They both slipped to the floor with Luhan on top with a contented smile on his face. While Xiumin cried out for help the pain rendering him weak.

"Kai, Tao save meeee!" He reached out for them only to see their backs in the distance. They didn't even bother to look back.

"Demons, all of you. When i die my spirit will hunt you forever. Luhan don't bite, my skin is coming off!" Those were pleas of a prey being feasted upon by a preditor, he was indeed a prey no one wanted to save.

" my life."

 

"ual harasment in public?" Lay's eyes widened at what he saw. He stopped a few yards away from the duo and brought out his phone. "This looks fun, right Pluplu?" He said to his unicorn plushy as he taped the scene. He smiled as Pluplu nodded.