Chapter 6

I am the best

 

 

 

 

 

“Rumors have been going around.” Mrs. Kim started when Kai got seated behind the big mahogany table in the study. She walked to the door to confirm that it was locked even though she was the one that locked it when she and Kai got in. She wanted to be extra careful.

“Some have been rather funny but not worth the mention while some cannot be left unattended.” She spoke while walking up to the mini fridge to the left of the table. She knelt before it and started pulling out various parts.

“Apparently some of your fan boys have followed you here to South Korea.” There was a note of amusement in her tone. “Even if they are new here they didn’t see the need to be discreet about their interest in you, well to them they might have felt they were discreet which is sad really.”

“And?” Kai spoke up for the first time eyes boring into his mother’s back while she fished out something from the secret compartment in the fridge. At this point in their conversation- albeit one sided- he had figured out what she wanted to tell him but he felt like there was something else, something big. It had been a while since something big happened because at one point in time people got smart enough not to cross his path but apparently some were still stupid enough to try to take him on.

“Well,” Mrs. Kim continued as she got up and walked up to him with a manila file in hand. “Some guys are after you.” She dropped the file in front of him and watched his face closely for a reaction. Indifferent as usual.

“So?” Kai asked flipping through the pages. His hands froze when he reached a particular page with interesting information. Mrs. Kim smirked and leaned a little towards him.

“This would have been nothing, except they are targeting D.O too.”

 

 

“Lu Han, Baby faced 20 year old. Currently in his 2nd year at SM university. He is best friends with Xiumin. His hobbies are looking in the mirror and making his friend suffer. He loves baozi. He hates people that don’t appreciate him and he doesn’t like walnuts. His family which consists of his father and mother are in China. His father is a middle class business man. His grades used to be slightly below average but suddenly they got better, which is coincidentally around the time he started interacting with Kim Jongin.

Kim Minseok aka Xiumin. Another baby faced 20 year old who is in the same class and university with Luhan. He likes his mother’s cooking and would like to go home one day and hopefully Luhan won’t follow him. He hates deers and baozis. He comes from a middle class family with a father that is rarely home usually travelling around the world on business- he is a photographer. His mother adores Luhan and wants to adopt him as a second son, but Luhan’s mother objected- because his father said no (“besides who will look after me when I retire?”). He didn’t want anything to do with Kim Jongin but Luhan dragged him into it. ” Nathan paused to take a breath when his boss held a hand for him to stop. He dropped the files back on the table on top of the others and waited for his boss to talk.

“This,” The boss started throwing his legs over the messy table and drawing on his cigar. “This is all you have on these two?”

“Yes sir!” Nathan replied adding a raised brow unconsciously. They went through a lot to get this info and he definitely doesn’t want to go through the same thing again.

“Did you do it blindfolded and brainless or is this as good as you can get. I don’t even want to see what you have on the others because I’m sure it’ll be the same garbage.”

Nathan sighed silently. Great, he’ll spend the next 15 minutes of time they don’t have rambling on how useless and dumb they are.

15 minutes later…

“…I don’t even know why I keep trash like you around. Honestly I’m too kind for my own good.” The boss ended his rambling with a long drag of his cigar. Reclining at a low angle on his big swiveling chair he had a good view of all his men present. 20. He knew that normally they won’t be enough to take on Kim Jongin but since he had a trump card he was confident.

He blew out smoke that left a faint trail in the murky lighting of the room. His men that were scattered before him -some sitting on old tables and wooden chairs while others stood leaning on the old peeling walls- held back coughs that were threatening to come out. They had learned the hard way that you don’t tell the boss to stop smoking even if there were over a dozen grown assed men cramped in a tiny room with no friggin ventilation. You just don’t.

The silence that followed his insults dragged on since nobody wanted to say anything that could potentially lead to another monologue on how “yo mamma’s so stupid she gave birth to you”. So they just kept their mouths shut and waited.

“Nathan,” The boss called out coolly eyes glancing at the low ceiling that had strange things growing on them. “Get your team together and go get me something that can be called information. I don’t want anything like this half assed you were giving me. Get me something that I can use to tear every single one of them apart. ”

“Yes boss.” Nathan replied standing on his feet ready to carry out the command.

“Don’t bother.” They all turned to the new face that appeared at the top of the stairs. A man dressed smartly in a midnight black suit with a red dress shirt neatly tucked in and black tie walked in and headed straight for the boss.

“There is no need to waste time on the little fries. What you should be focusing on is the target.” The man said now in front of the boss. He reached a slender hand and plucked the cigar from his mouth and squashed it into the table leaving a little burn mark.

The boss didn’t react to the action and only eyed him. “I am trying to get rid of every liability, and I’m making sure they aren’t one of them.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about because there is nothing special about Kim Jongin’s little friends…well except for the panda boy. Just be careful around him.”

“I appreciate the help but you don’t have to bother yourself about this. This is my operation and I’ll handle it myself.”

The man who had been standing in front of the table shifted back a bit as he noticed how close he was to the dirty thing.

“You seem to be mistaken dear cousin of mine. I am not…bothering myself with this, I am simply making sure I didn’t make a mistake investing in you and your little game.”  His previously blank features turned hard and his eyes cold. “If you are going to waste time and resources going after a kid, you might as well do it right. You know, make something of your existence.” He turned to leave ignoring the cold angry eyes that bore into him. “I’ll be leaving the country tomorrow so I won’t be able to baby sit you so please use your head for once and not make a fool out of the family.”

With the door open he paused to speak without turning around. “And please do stop smoking. It doesn’t make you look cooler, just more annoying.”

And the door clicked shut.

If it was a month ago the boss would have fled after him nose flaring and eyes blinded by anger but now? Nah, he is a different person now. His cousin might still piss the hell out of him but because the boss is now a different person-a cool person to be exact- he won’t react in such a manner anymore (maybe to his men but that’s his job-and he likes making them cry-). With his new coolness he’ll let his of a cousin do and say what he wants.

No, don’t look at it like he is a wimp who has given up. Definitely not that, because the boss is cool of course and with a cool smile on his face he is going to coolly crush that piss of , spit on him and let his men and their dogs piss on him.

With an overly happy smile the boss crossed his arms behind his head and relaxed as he went into happy land.

“Umm…boss,” Nathan cleared his throat as he and the other men were getting uncomfortable with the creepy smile. “Should I still get the data you asked for?”

“Nah don’t bother I already know all I need.” The boss said getting up and pulling open the drawer from the table on his right and taking some things. “I think it’s time we got moving.”

Nathan glared at his boss as he walked to the door. Then why did you yell at me and make all those demands!

“Alright men, it’s time we go hunting. I heard owls are in season.”

 

 

 

 


A/N: I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the late update. Life got in the way again. Things are crazy right now but i'll try to update.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions and thank you for dealing with me