Five

Chasing Winter

 

 

 

 

 

“ Grow up you say, noona?”

He said and her eyes widened when his voice came out way deeper than what it was minutes before.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

She was rooted to her spot as the little boy began glowing again, he stood up slowly as the beam became brighter and brighter covering all of him with the same glowing yellow.

 

It glowed for a while until Winter saw the small figure turn into that of a grown man, limbs extending as the small boys body grew.

 

Moments later a figure walked out from the light and she frowned in realization.

 

No wonder the boy seemed familiar, The man before her has the same sharp nose that the boy had, his cheeks lost all that chubbiness and they now held a more mature, masculine look along with his chiselled jaw. But it was still the same twinkled gaze that this man’s eyes were giving her now, the same dimpled smile.

 

Winter scoffed in annoyance and anger.

 

“ Leave Woohyun. It’s not your time yet.” She spat bitterly unable to stop her anger, the ground shook as the ice in the frozen river split in two.

 

 Woohyun’s smile faded and he was surprised by her anger. But his eyes softened as he stepped closer to her, Winter was alarmed by his closeness so she began backing away instantly, a few icicles sprouted from the ground between them.

 

“ Hey, Hey...Calm down. It’s okay” He said softly as he stopped coming closer to her, until she stopped backing away.

 

Silence enveloped the two of them and Winter hanged her head low, She was confused as to why Woohyun was there early yet, She couldn’t deny the small twinge of happiness she felt inside of her upon seeing his face.

 

“ Why are you here? It’s still my time...at least for a little more” She said softly still unable to look at his face.

 

Woohyun took that as an opportunity and advanced closer to her until they were mere two feet apart the snow melting on the ground he walked on.

 

The sudden change in temperature alarmed her and she looked up in alarm as she saw Woohyun so close to her. She tried to move away to create distance between them but he was quick to grasp her hand and pull her into his embrace.

 

 

She froze completely.

 

 

“ I came here early, I thought you might want some company...Don’t you get lonely?” He said and she could feel him tremble a little but that was enough to pull her out of shock and put her hands to his chest to push him away, but Woohyun only held her tighter.

 

 

“ What are you doing Woohyun? Are you crazy? She fought against his hold.

 

 

“ Perhaps I am. We all are... The seasons are crazy with loneliness” He said in her ear, his voice calm yet it made her shiver on the inside.

 

 

 

***

 

Finally he decided to stop being a baby and showed his true self. I'm gonna miss little Namu though.

tell me what you think!