Four

Chasing Winter

 

 

“ Leave”

 


Was all that Wintered mustered to say, she tried to say it as calm as she could but the n the icicles around the trees began falling down impaling the ground sharply. The boy saw this and gulped quietly.

 

 

“Noona” he began, unsure.

 

 

“ Leave”

 

 

“ But I-“ he tried again.

 

 

“ I said leave!”

 

 

The wind blew hard making the boy fall to his knees, as he began shivering again. Winter felt a little guilty but she couldn’t think of anything else at the moment she needed him to leave.

 

 

The boy did not speak for a while and just hanged his head down as he continued shivering but after a few moments he looked up at her again and connected his gaze to hers. Soft brown met steel grey as their eyes met and Winter witnessed as the boys eyes lit up with determination.

 

“ You’re playing hard to get right, noona? You leave me no choice then...” He said as he began to sit back down in the ground and Winter wondered what he was about to do.

 

She watched as the boy sat his short limbs extending away from his body and she watched his face.

 

Her eyes widened when his face scrunched up suddenly, his eyes began to water under his glasses and he let out a loud wail while throwing his arms all over the place.

 

She was so taken aback by his sudden tantrum that she had unconsciously let her guard down and the harsh winds turned calm again.

 

 

“ AIGOOOOOOOO!...What do I do? My girlfriend doesn’t want to be with me anymore!” The boy continued to wail, big, fat tears falling down his eyes and staining his chubby cheeks.

 

 

“ H-Hey kid, stop crying...” Winter tried but the boy ignored her continued to throw a tantrum.

 

 

“ How can I continue living when the love of my life doesn’t want to be with me? Aigoo!...AIGOOOOOOOO!!!!” The boy screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

 

Winter felt helpless and annoyed at the same time, if that was possible. She wondered how was a child able to become this complicated and what had she done before to make her deserve such a situation. This was preposterous!

 

“ Alright! Alright! Fine! I’ll be your girlfriend! But not now when you’re still a child!... I’ll be you’re girlfriend when your all grown up, okay? Stop crying...Please.”

 

She knew immediately that she would regret those words as the wailing stopped instantly and the little boy became still. Slowly, he raised his head to look at her and her blood ran cold when she saw the coy smirk tug at the end of his lips.

 

“ Grow up you say, noona?”

 

He said and her eyes widened when his voice came out way deeper than what it was minutes before.

 

 

***

 

hahaha...you just got to love him, right?

 

 

Thanks guys for your comments and subscriptions!