Chapter Nineteen

Crossing Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Da Eun always thought she knew what a home truly was.

“I just realized that I have no idea where you live,” Da Eun pointed out.

“I can say that same,” Sunggyu replied.

“What do you mean?” Da Eun asked. “You’ve come to the practise room before.”

“But you don’t live there,” Sunggyu put emphasis on the word live.

“I practically do,” Da Eun shrugged.

Sunggyu let out a small laugh before turning his head to look out the window. He wondered why Da Eun all of a sudden wanted to ride the bus to his stop. It was odd, but he like the company.

Sunggyu liked talking to Da Eun. When he first met her, he couldn’t imagine that they would be able to hold a conversation considering the fact that she always looked like she was in her own world. But he noticed after she started talking to Jieun, Da Eun became a happy person once again. He wondered what it was about Jieun that helped Da Eun return to normal.

“I hate staring out the window of the bus,” Da Eun pointed out.

“And why is that?”

“Because it hurts my head—seeing all the passing objects.”

Da Eun stared at the back of Sunggyu’s head. She could see a bit of his nose and half of his eye as he wasn’t facing her. She wasn’t sure of what she was going to do once Sunggyu’s stop came, but she left that decision to later. Because she wanted to just enjoy the moments that she had.

Da Eun wondered what Sunggyu thought of her. She knew the two hadn’t met the way she would have wanted. She wanted to greet him with a smile the first time, but she couldn’t bring herself to do so. Instead, Da Eun just spoke to him through minimum words and hid herself from the world. But then came along Jieun who reminded Da Eun she was worth more than what she thought. But for some reason, lately, Da Eun enjoyed being with Sunggyu more.

○●○●○

“My stop is next,” Sunggyu pointed out.

“I’ll get off with you,” Da Eun said as she looked down at her watch which read that it was eight thirty.

“It’s getting pretty late,” Sunggyu said before standing up.

“Not late enough,” Da Eun smirked before getting up as well.

The two got off the bus and Da Eun followed Sunggyu. The walk to Sunggyu’s house was short. They only had to cross the street once and turn the corner before they found themselves in front of an apartment building. The sun was barely out at the time and the lamp posts were on.

“So this is where you live,” Da Eun said as she looked up to the top of the building.

“Yea.”

“Well, I guess I’ll go now,” Da Eun said as she began walking away, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sunggyu.”

“Wait,” Sunggyu called out. “Do you…want to come inside?”

Da Eun raised an eyebrow at Sunggyu who just smiled. She thought about it for a moment and thought she might as well go. She had nothing better to do, anyway.

“I’d love to.”

So the two walked through the front door and all eyes were automatically on them. Sunggyu never walked through the front doors with anybody aside from his family. Now that he was walking in with a girl, people couldn’t help but wonder what their relationship was.

“They’re all staring,” Da Eun whispered.

“I’m sorry,” Sunggyu said.

When the two made it into the elevator, Sunggyu took the chance to explain to Da Eun why they all stared at the two like that.

“You see, everybody in this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter