Chapter Seventeen

Crossing Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New poster. woohoo! You guys like it?

Da Eun always thought there was only one person who could make her feel happy.

Da Eun was someone who always jumped to conclusions. She wouldn’t completely analyze a situation before jumping to an assumption. And by doing that, Da Eun always managed to make a bad situation worse.

And that was what Da Eun did that morning. She immediately began to think of the worst possible things that her Mother could have told Jieun. Maybe Jieun had found out everything she didn’t want to know. Maybe Jieun found out that her family wasn’t as perfect as they seemed. Maybe Jieun found out everything Da Eun tried so hard to hide.

“W-what are you doing here?” Da Eun managed to ask Jieun.

“We were supposed to hang out today,” Jieun said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“What are you doing in here?” Da Eun emphasized the word here.

“Oh,” Jieun promptly said. “I was driving by when you called me so I decided to just come in. Your Mother told me you were taking a shower so we began to talk as I waited for you.”

“Jieun is such a nice girl, Da Eun,” Mrs. Lee said as she put a hand on Jieun’s shoulder. “Why didn’t you introduce me to her before?”

Da Eun bit her lip before grabbing Jieun’s wrist, “Let’s go. You were here to get me, right?”

“O-okay,” Jieun said as she was being pulled away. “I’ll see you next time, Mrs. Lee!”

“Let’s hope not,” Da Eun muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing. Let’s go,” Da Eun said before opening the door of her house and walking out.

Before Jieun was about to leave, she turned around and looked at Mrs. Lee. The two exchanged smiles and Mrs. Lee held her phone up to her ear. Jieun nodded before walking out of the home.

○●○●○

“What did you talk to my Mother about?” Da Eun carefully asked as the two drove to a gym nearby.

“Nothing really. She just asked me what my parents do and how many siblings I have. That’s normal stuff,” Jieun shrugged.

“I see.”

“Why are you so curious?” Jieun laughed.

“Just because,” Da Eun shrugged.

Da Eun was glad that the conversation between her Mother and Jieun had only gone that far. She was especially glad that Jieun didn’t mention anything about her Mother talking about her job. That was something she definitely didn’t want Jieun to know about—especially because her Mother was always so eager on letting her friends into the business. But Da Eun refused to even include herself in her parent’s work.

“What do you parents do?” Da Eun asked out of nowhere.

“They sell stuff,” Jieun said. “Anything that producers give them.”

“Oh, I see.”

That was the exact same answer that Da Eun gave to people when they asked what her parents did. She said they would sell stuff. But there was so much more to their family business. So much that she was ashamed of.

“You seem a bit out of it today. Are you okay?” Jieun asked as she parked the car.

“I’m fine,” Da Eun said before quickly getting out of the car.

“If you say so,” Jieun sang as the two walked into the gym.

○●○●○

Sunggyu was coming home for lunch that day. He managed to finish up his pizza deliveries earlier than usual. This left time for him to have a warm home-cooked meal. He was walking down the hallway of his apartment building when he saw his Grandmother leaning against the wall, seemingly hurt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter