Chapter 4

♕ The King and His Queen ♔

"WHAT??!" Jiyong and Shinkyu both shouted at the same time, and then looked at each other angrily before pointing fingers at one another and shouting, "WHY WOULD I MARRY HIM/HER??"

Mr Kwon forced a smile. "I don't see why you shouldn't. Seeing as you two got quite a bit of...'connection' there." He paused to look at his business partners, who nodded at him to continue; which he did, without even noticing that the two were glaring at each other. "Besides, the Kwon and Ly families have been business partners for a very long time, it is only normal that the children get married and become the successors to the company."

"Why can't I be the one who take over the company? Doesn't make much difference, anyhow," Jiyong protested. And for once, Shinkyu agreed half-heartedly, "That's right, father. I'm willing to give up my shares, just so I don't have to marry him."

"No, Shinkyu," Mr Ly said. "It is compulsory that you hold my part of the shares, it is stated in black and white."

"Besides marriage, there's nothing we can do save the company. It's fine, if that's okay with you, Jiyong," Mr Kwon looked hard at his son. "Since you've always lived with luxuries. I don't think you could survive."

Shinkyu stole a glance at the prince. Will he agree to it?

Without any other words, Jiyong just scoffed angrily and left.

Mr Kwon sighed. "I guess it's up to you then, Shinkyu. Will you marry Jiyong?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And did you say yes??" Ga-eul asked, over-whelmed with curiousity.

"Of course NOT," Shinkyu shot back. "I hate that guy, and I couldn't find a reason to like him."

"But, what about the company? Do you not care?"

Shinkyu closed her eyes, and remembered about what she was told by her parents yesterday. Didn't anyone notice how much hatred was accumulating between she and Jiyong? She thought back about her words in reply to Mr Kwon.

"No, sir," Shinkyu had said, apologetically. "I don't want to. Because I don't want to spend the rest of my life with some one whom I'm not in love with."

She knew her parents must be mad at her, but what could she do? Besides, they asked her "Will you marry Jiyong?" Which meant she had the choice to either accept or decline. She had to admit, for a split second, she did thought about sacrificing for the company, since her parents had worked extremely hard for KLSH's current status in the business empire. But then she looked at Jiyong, with his same ol' conceited expression, and she knew she would be making the WRONG choice if she were to say yes.

If the prince didn't care, why should she?

"Hey, Shinnie!" Ga-eul shook her best friend gently. "The head is here, again!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Kwon-Ly Share Holdings...

Mr Ly was pacing up and down in Mr Kwon's office. He was getting really worried. "What should we do now? The two won't listen! Without their marriage, the Board would not hand over the company!"

Mr Kwon pulled himself up from his office seat, and walked to his troubled business partner. "We need to do something, before it's too late." With that, he pressed a button on his phone, and in came his assistant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Jiyong's desk...

"Did you agree to it?" Daesung asked.

Jiyong glared daggers at him, which made him shiver. "I wouldn't marry her for whatever you all offer me." He looked over at the princess, who seemed to be busily scribbling in her notebook.

"Not even for your parents' company?" TOP reminded him of his responsibility as the one and only child of the Kwon family.

Jiyong was about to answer, when the head teacher appeared at the doorway once again. Ga-eul shook Shinkyu's shoulders to get her attention, because she got carried away while writing some new lyrics and scribbled out 2 pages worth.

"What now?" Taeyang mumbled.

"Class, clear an empty seat for your new classmate!" the head teacher looked outside the door and signaled for the new guy to enter. "I won't introduce him, I'll leave the ice-breaking to you... Shinkyu, he's under your care now!"

The moment he entered the classroom, gasps erupted from the students (female) as well as vulgar words (male students). Installed with a tall build, fair skin, charismatic smile and sparkling gaze like river that could easily drown a girl.

"Omona! He is sooooooooooooo cute!! Aigoo~"

"What the? Who does he think he is??"

Shinkyu was one of the few who just kept quiet with their eyes widened as big as satellite plates, the other being Jiyong. Both seemed to have lost their ability of speech at the sight of the new student.

"What..?" Seungri heard Jiyong muttered in disbelief.

Shinkyu remained still and locked her gaze at the new guy, even as he slowly approached her.

"Hey, Shinkyu..." he smiled. "Long time no see." Without saying anything, Shinkyu wrapped her arms around him, and he hugged her back. Both were smiling, as if they were once lovers and were separated for a long time.

Jiyong felt his fist clenching tighter.

"Leader hyung," Seungri addressed him respectfully. "Does Princess Shinkyu know that new guy?"

"Of course, why wouldn't she?" Jiyong replied calmly. "Who wouldn't know Cho Kyuhyun?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------