Threatened

♕ The King and His Queen ♔

Finally, after two days of being stranded on the stupid island with an even more stupid husband, Shinkyu made it back to the comfort of her home. Kyuhyun was with her. Miraculously, when Shinkyu rang her mother to tell her about her abduction, Mrs Ly immediately sent the Ly’s private helicopter to take her home, and that Jiyong as well.

“Where were you?” Jiyong said the moment he entered Shinkyu’s room and sat her sitting on her bed. “I couldn’t find you anywhere! You could have at least ringed!” He attempted to give her a hug, which she turned down coldly.

“Really? Well, you could have least asked how am I feeling now!” Shinkyu exploded. “You don’t know how scary it was in that dark room! You said I’m your wife, and yet you don’t treat me like one!”

Jiyong bit his lips while he thought about what to say. Shinkyu was really disappointed in him now! That was not part of the plan! She will be disappointed, but only after she had fallen in love with him. Great, he owed everything to that abduction.

At that moment, Shinkyu’s parents rushed into the room, indirectly saving him from having to say anything else. Mrs Ly hugged her daughter tightly.

“Oh my God, Shinkyu! I was so worried!” she exclaimed. “I should have sent guards to protect you!”

“Oh, mum! Should have thought of that before you tricked me there, isn’t it?” Shinkyu remarked sarcastically.

“Darling, I didn’t want that to happen!” Mrs Ly protested. “Besides, you’re safe now, aren’t you?”

Shinkyu smiled, and then rolled her eyes at Jiyong. “No thanks to someone!” She turned to Sohee. “How’s my hero doing?”

Jiyong’s face scrunched up in hatred at the mention of ‘hero’, which Shinkyu made sure to emphasize on.

“What hero?” Mr Ly asked.

“The handsome, muscular, brave man who had rescued me from those kidnappers earlier on,” Shinkyu explained.

“Oh!” Sohee broke into a grin. “He’s taking a bath in your private bathroom.”

WHAT? Jiyong almost screamed and wringed her neck. And did she just say ‘private’? “What are you thinking? Letting a stranger into your private bathroom just so he can take a shower! Not even I have been there!”

Hmm, so he’s jealous? Shinkyu smiled with satisfaction. “That’s because, unlike you, he saved me. I’m not even his wife. At the same time, Sohee? Could you please see if the clothes fit him?”

“What clothes?” Jiyong questioned suspiciously.

“Yours, of course!”

The prince felt his blood boiled and steam was coming out from his ears. “Alright that does it!” he spun Shinkyu around aggressively. “Why would you be so stupid as to lend some stranger my designer clothes?!” Wow, good thing Mr and Mrs Ly were already out of the room.

Shinkyu stared back at him. “He is not a stranger! I know him, okay? We both know Kyuhyun!”

“Wha—t??” Jiyong felt a shock through his system—not in a good way. How did Cho Kyuhyun get involved in this? He quickly jumped onto Shinkyu and pinned her onto the bed.

“What are you doing?” she stuttered as she struggled to break free from Jiyong’s grip.

“Did those kidnappers drug you to turn you against me? Why are you acting so weird?”

“They didn’t! I’ve always… hated… you…” Shinkyu’s words stabbed his heart. “Nothing, and no one, could change that!” She gave him one final shove, and this time, managed to push him away, just in time for Kyuhyun to enter.

He looked stunning in Jiyong’s shirt. Smiling, he greeted them, “Hi, I hope I’m not interrupting you two or anything?”

Yes, you are. Just get out of here and leave my wife alone! Jiyong was already building up sentences in his head which he could use to shoot at Kyuhyun, but Shinkyu didn’t let that happen. “No, not at all! I need to thank you again for saving me…”

“No, it’s a man’s duty to protect a girl,” Kyuhyun stated dutifully.

Hah, score! Shinkyu could just see the fire burning inside Jiyong. Bright green flares!

“Come on, let me show you around the mansion!” Shinkyu offered and went to grab Kyuhyun’s hand. He smirked at Jiyong triumphantly. “Hmm, you don’t want to come along, right, Jiyong?” Shinkyu added.

“Erh, no. Actually, I’ve got things to do,” he said as he turned swiftly and swung the door open, and then slammed it shut again. He had a lot to say to his gang…

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

PrinceOfYourHeart: What exactly did you mean when you told me the plan will be 100% foolproof under your control?!

V.I.ctory: I meant it will go smoothly according to plan. I made sure no one else know about it, only the gang. And I told them not to tell as well!

PrinceOfYourHeart: Oh, so Cho Kyuhyun’s presence on the abandoned island was totally just coincidence?

V.I.ctory: ????

PrinceOfYourHeart: Stupid, stupid! That guy saved Shinkyu! I was supposed to, and that was going to be the turning point where she falls for me! Now, the plan is completely ruined!

V.I.ctory: WHAT?? I have absolutely no idea how he got to know about the plan!

PrinceOfYourHeart: Of course you don’t! I’ll kill you if you do! Where did the guys held her captive, anyway?

[SOLAR is online!]

V.I.ctory: YB hyung! Where did you bring jesu just now??

SOLAR: It’s an abandoned house near the area, why?

PrinceOfYourHeart: Because apparently Cho Kyuhyun got there and rescued my princess before I did, that’s why!

SOLAR: No way! I made sure no one was following us! Ask Seunghyun hyung, he was with me all the time. And she was in the house alone when she fainted so how can there be anyone else??

V.I.ctory: Could it be someone sold us out?

PrinceOfYourHeart: Who, for God’s sake??

SOLAR: Huh! That Daesung, I bet! He’s always going on and on about world peace and love and things that is just plain stupid to me!

V.I.ctory: Until then, what are you going to do, hyung?

PrinceOfYourHeart: I’ll have to launch plan B. She hates me more than she ever did now! And with that Kyuhyun around, it will be extremely hard for her to actually pay attention to me!

SOLAR: Don’t worry, hyung! You’re her husband, aren’t you?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

{Jiyong’s POV}

Cho Kyuhyun this, Cho Kyuhyun that! Just what is so great about that dork? If I were to compare to him, I would be at least a zillion times better! I’m cuter and hotter, and I’m no doubt richer.

I’m losing my Shinkyu to him now, all just because he ‘rescued’ her! Well, she didn’t need to be afraid anyhow. I didn’t plan to do anything to her. The plan was just to hold her captive and I would save her. Seunghyun hyung thought it was just a coincidence that Kyuhyun was there and saved Shinkyu, but I knew otherwise. Why would someone be on an ‘abandoned’ island?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Jiyong sighed. What was so superior about a hero? Nothing, especially when the hero goes by the name of Cho Kyuhyun! If he really could be a hero, then there would be no need for a Special Police Force because anyone could be a police!

As he imagined Kyuhyun in a ‘Superman’ suit, Jiyong laughed at his own joke.

“Can you please stop laughing like that?” Shinkyu complained with a disapproving look plastered onto her face. “Can’t you at least be more like Kyuhyun?”

Cho Kyuhyun again! Jiyong lost his temper right then. “Stop comparing me to that freak! I am your husband! You have to respect me, unless…” He grinned knowingly at Shinkyu, who was as clueless as ever.

“Unless what?” She turned red as Jiyong moved closer to her, almost pressing her onto the sofa.

“Ya know? The sofa is a very good place for husband-and-wife moments,” he said.

“I’m warning you, go away!!” Shinkyu attempted to be stern, but failed miserably nonetheless, as her voice came out all weak and vulnerable.

Just in time! Jiyong gave Shinkyu another passionate kiss, right in front of a gaping Kyuhyun. When Jiyong finally let her go, she was already as red as a lobster. Silently clenching his fists, Kyuhyun hoped that Shinkyu was reddening due to anger, and that she would slap Jiyong.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the prince smirked. “I forgot you are still here. I hope our love for one another isn’t too much for an outsider like you?”

Surprisingly, Kyuhyun was a much better person at contenting his anger. Showing no signs of furiousness, he just smiled. “That’s good! It’s great to see how much you love each other, as marriages out of one-night-stands tend to be very short.”

This guy was surely not what Jiyong originally took him for. “Oh, really?” he asked, throwing his left arm around Shinkyu’s shoulder. “I didn’t know that. But our marriage is out of love. Therefore, we will have a happily-ever-after ending.”

“Like Snow White; but instead of the Prince who found her at the end, her secret admirer came and rescued her instead, right?” Kyuhyun began.

“Yes, but instead of marrying the secret admirer, she went on a journey to find her true love, the Prince,” Jiyong retorted.

Kyuhyun chuckled merrily while clapping his hands together. “But did you forget about the dwarfs, who love the secret admirer more than the jerky Prince?”

“Them?” Jiyong continued to be as calm as ever.

“Yes, the loyal dwarfs who told Snow White that the Prince was only toying with her feelings and that the secret admirer was the one and only guy for her.”

Oh great! They’re playing with fairytales now! Shinkyu rolled her eyes. Jiyong saw her, and felt his wrath burning. Kyuhyun was no doubt, right with his assumption. Jiyong did marry Shinkyu just to make her pay back for what she did in the past…

Even if that was Jiyong’s real motive for marrying her, he still had the right to fight and protect her heart from being stolen by someone like Cho Kyuhyun, and that was what he was going to do from now on while secretly planning his evil deed.

“Either way, it’s the princess’s choice to choose whoever she loves.” Jiyong smiled as pinched Shinkyu’s cheeks playfully, causing her to give him another deadly glare.

“Well, it was fun talking to you and Shinkyu,” Kyuhyun said. “I have to go now before my parents find out that I have snuck away.”

Jiyong wanted to say something like “Great, don’t ever come back again” or “hey, why don’t you get lost or kidnapped by someone on the way back so that you won’t bother Shinkyu and I anymore”, but before he had a chance, Shinkyu sprung up from the sofa and ran to Kyuhyun.

“Once again, thank you!”

“There is no need to thank me. Like I said, it’s my duty to protect the princess.” Kyuhyun grinned and gave her hand a squeeze.

Oh my, Jiyong’s blood pressure was increasing. But it wasn’t until Kyuhyun kissed Shinkyu on her cheek that his veins literally burst!

“See you at school,” Kyuhyun whispered into her ears before leaving.

That was another strike for him. Jiyong swore that he would never let Kyuhyun off for what he just did. Forget about his original plan; he’s going to hire an underground gang to exterminate Cho Kyuhyun first!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Jiyong was about to log on into his account when a message box flashed at the corner of his laptop screen. He clicked on it and it turned out to be a forward message. He normally wouldn’t bother with these messages, but this one caught his eyes. And without realizing it, he was already reading the story.

“Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, lived a handsome prince who was married to the beautiful Princess Shinkyu. Their lives were absolutely wonderful, for the prince had no trouble expressing himself and the princess was gentle and kind. But beneath that royal smile, the prince was secretly plotting to destroy the princess’s life once and for all--”

What—who wrote this crap?? The story was at least a worth a whole page. But Jiyong didn’t feel like reading anymore. He felt his anger taking control as he furiously scanned the ‘recipients’ list. What if Shinkyu read this? There was Seunghyun’s email, Youngbae’s, Daesung’s, and Seungri’s no doubt. No sign of Shinkyu’s, thank goodness!

Jiyong’s phone rang and vibrated violently on the table. He flipped it open and pressed it against his ear. Seungri’s voice instantly boomed, “Hyung! Did you get the e-mail??”

“Yes, who the hell wrote it?!”

“Cho Kyuhyun! It was a good thing Youngbae hyung and I decided to stalk him today. We saw him typed it out at the computer lab at school!”

“NO WAY! Call up the gang! This requires immediate attention!” Just then, his phone received yet another call. “Who’s this? I’m busy now--”

“Oh? Busy hacking into the computer system and deleting all the stories, I’ll bet…” It was Kyuhyun.

Jiyong didn’t hesitate to shout at him, even if they’re actually miles away from each other. “What do you want?!”

“I want you to back off from Shinkyu,” Kyuhyun said. “Abort your plan, or else, your parents will be really disappointed in you when Shinkyu filed for a divorce…” And then the line went dead.

What just happened? Kyuhyun just returned recently, and Jiyong was already losing to him. He was not going to let that happen; not after all these years. For once, he actually felt threatened.

“Not yet, Mr Cho,” Jiyong said to himself. “Not yet!”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~

-EXTRA-

“Hello?” The loyal maknae answered the call after 2 rings.

“Promise me one thing, Seungri…”

“What is it, hyung?”

“Don’t you and the gang ever become the dwarfs that advised Snow White not to be with the prince and to go with her secret admirer.”

Seungri’s soft chuckle could be heard down the line. “Don’t worry, hyung! We won’t, really,” he said in a reassuring tone. “And just to let you know, the ‘secret admirer’ thing doesn’t exist in Snow White! Whoever told you that?”